US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

You can't claim “I know nothing about GAAP — I leave it to my accountants,” Trump Jr. said. "I rely on their opinions and their assessments to make those decisions." and point the finger at someone else then sign those statements of financial condition and said that they were accurate.”

As the head of the company (Jr. and Eric "took over" when daddy became POTUS), Jr. takes legal responsibility when he signed the papers. 

OOPS

https://www.salon.com/2023/11/02/legal-experts-ny-ag-set-up-don-jr-on-witness-stand--and-now-he-could-be-criminally-prosecuted/?utm_source=ironsource

Legal experts: NY AG “set up” Don Jr. on witness stand — and now he could be criminally prosecuted

NY AG chose not to charge the case criminally but "that could change based on" Don Jr.'s testimony, analyst says

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Rep. Jeff Jackson is pretty savy.  He got drawn out (the boarders of his district changed) and is running for Attorney General in North Carolina.  The Ethics Committee investigation wraps up in three weeks.  Why this vote couldn't wait until then is beyond me.  Santo's trial date is set for Sept of next year, so a verdict will likely be done a month before the election.  The latest he gets expelled is probably the lame duck session which will largely be symbolic as he likely doesn't get re-elected. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/democrat-jeff-jackson-why-vote-against-expelling-santos-house-2023-11?utm_source=reddit.com

31 Democrats voted to spare George Santos. 1 of them went on Reddit to explain why.

• George Santos will remain in office — with the help of some Democratic colleagues.
  • One of the 31 Democrats who voted to spare George Santos explained why.
  • Rep. Jeff Jackson wrote on Reddit that he's worried kicking Santos out before an ethics probe finishes would set a dangerous precedent.

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Attacks ‘Television Reporting’ and ‘Wacko’ Judge for ‘Hurting My Very Good Children’ in NY Fraud Trial

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-attacks-television-reporting-and-wacko-judge-for-hurting-my-very-good-children-in-ny-fraud-trial/

Ivanka, Don Jr, and Eric all belong in prison for the rest of their lives.

• Cheers 1

MTG rages at “vaping groping Lauren Boebert” and “Colonel Sanders” Chip Roy as MAGA feud explodes

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., lashed out as House Freedom Caucus members on Thursday after nearly two dozen Republicans voted to shoot down her attempt to censure Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich. Greene went after the 23 Republicans who voted to kill her resolution, which Greene forced a vote on over Tlaib’s criticism of Israel. “Our country is in the worst crisis in it’s [sic] history in every category and the Democrats are full blown communists and Republicans can’t even censure Rashida Tlaib,” Greene wrote in a post on X, formerly Twitter. “Conservatives on this list hide behind excuses with their white wigs on and quote the constitution.”

Rep.

Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, a fellow MAGA Republican and member of the far-right House Freedom Caucus, criticized Greene’s “feckless resolution” as “deeply flawed” and filled with “factually unverified claims” — including Greene’s claim that Tlaib led an “insurrection.” We “should not continue to perpetuate claims of 'insurrection' at the Capitol and we should not abuse the term now,” Roy said in a statement.

Greene fumed at Roy, complaining that he “voted to kick me out of the freedom caucus, but keep CNN wannabe Ken Buck and vaping groping Lauren Boebert and you voted with the Democrats to protect Terrorist Tlaib.” Roy shot back at Greene, telling The Hill’s Mychael Schnell that Greene should “go chase so-called Jewish space lasers if she wants to spend time on that sort of thing.” Greene fired back again on X/Twitter: “Oh shut up Colonel Sanders, you’re not even from Texas, more like the DMV. Chip Roy’s career exist of working for politicians, working for campaigns for politicians, and being a politician himself. Unity Party all the way! Which is why you will never hold anyone accountable.”

🤣

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

MTG rages at “vaping groping Lauren Boebert” and “Colonel Sanders” Chip Roy as MAGA feud explodes

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., lashed out as House Freedom Caucus members on Thursday after nearly two dozen Republicans voted to shoot down her attempt to censure Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich. Greene went after the 23 Republicans who voted to kill her resolution, which Greene forced a vote on over Tlaib’s criticism of Israel. “Our country is in the worst crisis in it’s [sic] history in every category and the Democrats are full blown communists and Republicans can’t even censure Rashida Tlaib,” Greene wrote in a post on X, formerly Twitter. “Conservatives on this list hide behind excuses with their white wigs on and quote the constitution.”

Rep.

Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, a fellow MAGA Republican and member of the far-right House Freedom Caucus, criticized Greene’s “feckless resolution” as “deeply flawed” and filled with “factually unverified claims” — including Greene’s claim that Tlaib led an “insurrection.” We “should not continue to perpetuate claims of 'insurrection' at the Capitol and we should not abuse the term now,” Roy said in a statement.

Greene fumed at Roy, complaining that he “voted to kick me out of the freedom caucus, but keep CNN wannabe Ken Buck and vaping groping Lauren Boebert and you voted with the Democrats to protect Terrorist Tlaib.” Roy shot back at Greene, telling The Hill’s Mychael Schnell that Greene should “go chase so-called Jewish space lasers if she wants to spend time on that sort of thing.” Greene fired back again on X/Twitter: “Oh shut up Colonel Sanders, you’re not even from Texas, more like the DMV. Chip Roy’s career exist of working for politicians, working for campaigns for politicians, and being a politician himself. Unity Party all the way! Which is why you will never hold anyone accountable.”

🤣

That's good stuff!

Here's more good stuff. Finally a judge with both eyes and guts. No different than 2020 I would bet.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, MightyCPC said:

That's good stuff!

Here's more good stuff. Finally a judge with both eyes and guts. No different than 2020 I would bet.

It's almost 2024. Give it up unless you got some actual evidence.

As for this case if there was malfeasance correct it. Doesn't matter what side it's on.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, MightyCPC said:

That's good stuff!

OR like this case from the 2018 MId-Term elections.  No-one says that small-scale, local incidents occur.  The issue is that there isn't any evidence of large scale, organized fraud that occurs to affect National elections.  What actually can affect local/state/federal election are "legal" methods involving State officials purging voting rolls, gerrymandering districts, closing polling stations, changing registration rules, and so on.  

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/30/746800630/north-carolina-gop-operative-faces-new-felony-charges-that-allege-ballot-fraud

North Carolina GOP Operative Faces New Felony Charges That Allege Ballot Fraud

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It's almost 2024. Give it up unless you got some actual evidence.

As for this case if there was malfeasance correct it. Doesn't matter what side it's on.

You're right about giving it up, but I suppose one can always hope real elections will one day be the norm.

There's lots of evidence that the system won't allow to be submitted or considered. 

The main ones in focus right now, which CBC followers will never hear about, are 200,000 Arizona ballots printed on fake stationary and thousands of ballots in Georgia storage that a judge refuses to be scrutinized. I'm not interested in arguing about it though, other than to say only half the population thinks there is "nothing there". Actually it's way less than half if you look at any polls on election integrity.

Edited by MightyCPC

10 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

OR like this case from the 2018 MId-Term elections.  No-one says that small-scale, local incidents occur.  The issue is that there isn't any evidence of large scale, organized fraud that occurs to affect National elections.  What actually can affect local/state/federal election are "legal" methods involving State officials purging voting rolls, gerrymandering districts, closing polling stations, changing registration rules, and so on.  

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/30/746800630/north-carolina-gop-operative-faces-new-felony-charges-that-allege-ballot-fraud

North Carolina GOP Operative Faces New Felony Charges That Allege Ballot Fraud

Sure, elections should be about votes, not the better crooks of the moment. Dems are way better crooks now because they are immune to prosecution, being the steadfast supporters of the intelligence community that they are. I don't see this changing. That is why I am not optimistic about real democracy returning anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, MightyCPC said:

You're right about giving it up, but I suppose one can always hope real elections will one day be the norm.

There's lots of evidence that the system won't allow to be submitted or considered. 

The main ones in focus right now, which CBC followers will never hear about, are 200,000 Arizona ballots printed on fake stationary and thousands of ballots in Georgia storage that a judge refuses to be scrutinized. I'm not interested in arguing about it though, other than to say only half the population thinks there is nothing there. Actually it's way over half if you look at any polls on election integrity.

Rudy-Giuliani-1-95d6abcbed824b6cb57d332db5a5b762.thumb.jpg.bfe8c0846b6602df49b81f0d8f9a04cb.jpg

a3b0541e0e7a4526d2c51d0c88487916.jpg.c6d9c29dddb30388d6364dd47614b04d.jpg

201107-rudy-giuliani-biden-reaction.thumb.webp.bd5b95a600890e923448c4c4110b877b.webp

Do ya figure making this guy the lead attorney was the issue?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MightyCPC said:

Pretty hilarious how representing Republican puts lawyers in the crosshairs. Gotta have guts or no brains to go against the ruling party.

Pretty hilarious how so many of them are pleading guilty to crimes and becoming co-operating witnesses.

I don't think guts were the problem, more so the brains.

• Thanks 1

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Pretty hilarious how so many of them are pleading guilty to crimes and becoming co-operating witnesses.

I don't think guts were the problem, more so the brains.

Of course, plead guilty and keep lawyering, plead innocent and go to jail. Easy choice.

33 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Shouldn't you be dictating what minorities should be doing as a talking point for whatever agenda it is you have?

Oh wait, nm.  You're still doing it

7 minutes ago, MightyCPC said:

Hahahaha....what? 😄

Oh I see, you're talking about yourself. I'm sad that you think that. Firstly, I don't think of you in terms of race, secondly, I'm surprised you'd feel the need to play that game because you're more than capable ffs.

19 minutes ago, MightyCPC said:

The main ones in focus right now, which CBC followers will never hear about, are 200,000 Arizona ballots printed on fake stationary and thousands of ballots in Georgia storage that a judge refuses to be scrutinized. I'm not interested in arguing about it though, other than to say only half the population thinks there is "nothing there". Actually it's way less than half if you look at any polls on election integrity.

"cbc followers"

Why is it that it's always only one person making these claims and it always turns out that not only did they not understand what they were talking about but the position they were promoting actually turns out to be against the party or side they support when the truth comes out?

Much like this.  it's amusing because, almost every single thing that was trump favoured or seen in favour of trump were items leading UP to the electiona nd NOT election items.  Many of them requesting that mail ins not be allowed.  Or later dates/times be allowed.  But not actually things found to suggest or promote that election fraud was present.  With in fact only 3 items being noted to be AFTER the 2020 presidential election on those photos and if you look at what was being fought you'll see it had mroe to do with purging voters or disallowing actual votes than it did anything to do with voter fraud.

Why do these people never actually read what they are promoting and why does it always blow up in their faces?  Because when you read it, it looks a LOT like prior to the election in Nov 2020; that the then US president was doing what he could to actually allow voting to stay open later in GOP districts while purging or attempting to purge and disallow votes in notoriously democratic districts

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 12.34.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 12.32.10 PM.png

• Thanks 1