US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

The fact we are not seeing Harris opening up a lead especially in battle ground states after everything that has happened is having me worried. 

It looks like Teflon Don strikes again and nothing, literally nothing is sticking to him. 

This goes back to my thesis that Harris is running a really bad campaign. 

She has nothing that excited voters other than she is not Donald Trump. That increasingly look like it is not enough for the decisive swing voters.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Take it to the Canadian thread.

And get your facts straight.

Fact is people can't afford to live because of Trudeau. 

Seeing how straight your facts are on the US side I'm sure they have you just as brainwashed on the Canadian side lol.. Trudeau is gone though. He doesn't have a prayer at winning this election. Even his die hards around here hate him about as much as you hate Trump. And that's really not even an exaggeration in the slightest.

"Fuck Trudeau" flags ALL over the island. I guess a few hardcore Trudeau supporters are desperately hanging on to hope. Dude doesn't even know how to answer a question. He's better at question dodging than any politician I seen before him.. And politicians are pretty damn good at that.. He's the GOAT in that department though. I mean has he ever actually answered a question?

Every time I dare to watch them sit down and holler at eachother (what a clown show that is), I never once hear Trudeau directly answer a question he's asked. Always dancing around the direct questions with rambling about other things.. Listening to him talk is like trying to listen you disregard the obvious political bias against Trump. Best way I can explain it 😅

Kamala might pull it off. I sure hope not.. But I'd be shocked if we are dumb enough to re-elect the clown we have leading what was once a great country to live in.. I'd be gone to the US so fast if it wasn't for having family here.

Just now, Gator said:

Fact is people can't afford to live because of Trudeau. 

Seeing how straight your facts are on the US side I'm sure they have you just as brainwashed on the Canadian side lol.. Trudeau is gone though. He doesn't have a prayer at winning this election. Even his die hards around here hate him about as much as you hate Trump. And that's really not even an exaggeration in the slightest.

"Fuck Trudeau" flags ALL over the island. I guess a few hardcore Trudeau supporters are desperately hanging on to hope. Dude doesn't even know how to answer a question. He's better at question dodging than any politician I seen before him.. And politicians are pretty damn good at that.. He's the GOAT in that department though. I mean has he ever actually answered a question?

Every time I dare to watch them sit down and holler at eachother (what a clown show that is), I never once hear Trudeau directly answer a question he's asked. Always dancing around the direct questions with rambling about other things.. Listening to him talk is like trying to listen you disregard the obvious political bias against Trump. Best way I can explain it 😅

Kamala might pull it off. I sure hope not.. But I'd be shocked if we are dumb enough to re-elect the clown we have leading what was once a great country to live in.. I'd be gone to the US so fast if it wasn't for having family here.

What thread are we in again?  Maybe we need one for Canadian politics.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, 24K said:

The fact we are not seeing Harris opening up a lead especially in battle ground states after everything that has happened is having me worried. 

It looks like Teflon Don strikes again and nothing, literally nothing is sticking to him. 

This goes back to my thesis that Harris is running a really bad campaign. 

She has nothing that excited voters other than she is not Donald Trump. That increasingly look like it is not enough for the decisive swing voters.

Hmm?  I would say that she has been growing her lead since mid July quite well.  With almost every respectable polling group, pollster, simulation and experts indicating a Harris win.

https://www.economist.com/interactive/us-2024-election/trump-harris-polls

https://www.270towin.com/2024-presidential-election-polls/

https://www.270towin.com/2024-simulation/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/national/image.thumb.png.35ef39dc82eb368c0e8fcc8da87e8d00.png

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/09/15/allan-lichtman-predicts-who-will-win-2024-election-harris-or-trump-delaware-voting/75204788007/

https://www.actionnetwork.com/politics/2024-presidential-election-odds-predictions-50-days-kamala-harris-donald-trump

35 minutes ago, Gator said:

Idk about all that but what I do know is there's people (a shit ton) in Nova Scotia going homeless and living in tents because the greedy landlords are jacking up the prices because all these immigrants can afford it.

5 minutes ago, Gator said:

I'd be gone to the US so fast if it wasn't for having family here.

Complains about immigrants driving up rent prices. Wants to emigrate to the US to then do the same. At the very least I hope you're bringing your own cats!

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

OK I know this is hard for you so I will write it in crayon.  Doing so in hopes that maybe someone of your...calibre, can understand it after being told it for the third bloody time.

TAKE IT TO THE CANADIAN POLITICS THREAD

I'm guessing Ivanka isn't the only person so fixated on Junior 😍

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The chart shows Harris has stalled out while Trump is gaining. 

Remember Dems need to be ahead by at least 5% nationally to win. Right now all underlying data is trending Trump. Penn voter registration have Republican greatly out performing Harris. 

Only thing going for Harris is NC. 

People want drastic changes and Harris does not provide that.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Trudeau isn't liked because our people are all going homeless Exaggerations do not help your cause

Buddy that is FAR from an exaggeration. Talk about getting your facts straight.. People are literally choosing between shelter or eating all month.. Sure not all of us.. But a lot of people are seriously struggling to make ends meet here it's crazy. We don't have the work here like cities do, and our housing costs absolutely sky rocketed the last few years. 

Itd be nothing to find a 1 bed apartment for $700-$800 (everything included).. Now you'd be lucky to find something less than $1200 with nothing included. We really lucked out getting the place were in. $950/m nothing included, but we only got it because the landlord is close friends with some family. It's so bad they're actually building these things they call "pallet homes" to try and house the homeless. I see people on my FB feed asking for money to help them feed themselves and their kids that would NEVER in a million years ask someone for money a few years back.. Sure were not well off here when it comes to jobs, so folk in the city probably don't see it as bad, but unless you go away for work, you're not making much $ around here unless you really luck out. Again, it's not everybody, but there's no denying the crisis we're in here.. And what is said is the Healthcare might be worse than the housing situation.. Atleast on the Island. I think the health care in Halifax is atleast decent, but on the island its an absolute disaster

Edited by Gator
  • Wiener 2

5 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Complains about immigrants driving up rent prices. Wants to emigrate to the US to then do the same. At the very least I hope you're bringing your own cats!

And blames the Feds when rent control is something within provincial jurisdiction.  Regardless, Canadian thread.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

The chart shows Harris has stalled out while Trump is gaining. 

Remember Dems need to be ahead by at least 5% nationally to win. Right now all underlying data is trending Trump. Penn voter registration have Republican greatly out performing Harris. 

Only thing going for Harris is NC. 

People want drastic changes and Harris does not provide that.

It shows that Harris has averaged a near 1% gain per month or more since she took over the run.  She has "stalled" in only the last 9 days 

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

Buddy that is FAR from an exaggeration. Talk about getting your facts straight.. People are literally choosing between shelter or eating all month.. Sure not all of us.. But a lot of people are seriously struggling to make ends meet here it's crazy. We don't have the work here like cities do, and our housing costs absolutely sky rocketed the last few years. 

Itd be nothing to find a 1 bed apartment for $700-$800 (everything included).. Now you'd be lucky to find something less than $1200 with nothing included. We really lucked out getting the place were in. $950/m nothing included, but we only got it because the landlord is close friends with some family. It's so bad they're actually building these things they call "pallet homes" to try and house the homeless. I see people on my FB feed asking for money to help them feed themselves and their kids that would NEVER in a million years ask someone for money a few years back.. Sure were not well off here when it comes to jobs, so folk in the city probably don't see it as bad, but unless you go away for work, you're not making much $ around here unless you really luck out. Again, it's not every buddy, but there's no denying the crisis we're in here.. And what is said is the Healthcare might be worse than the housing situation.. Atleast on the Island. I think the health care in Halifax is atleast decent, but on the island its an absolute disaster

For the 4th time now.  Again, still in crayon.

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

• Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

OK I know this is hard for you so I will write it in crayon.  Doing so in hopes that maybe someone of your...calibre, can understand it after being told it for the third bloody time.

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It shows that Harris has averaged a near 1% gain per month or more since she took over the run.  She has "stalled" in only the last 9 days 

No she has stalled since the DNC. 

People were looking for change in her speech and she delivered the most milk toast status quo speech with a hint of war hawkisim. 

7 minutes ago, 24K said:

People were looking for change in her speech and she delivered the most milk toast status quo speech with a hint of war hawkisim. 

Polls are a psuedo science at this point but I can agree that it's still a toss up in a lot of key battleground states.  

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Harris should take a page out of Teddy Roosevelt playbook and go trust busting as her central message. 

Play well with capitalism crowd on the right with increased competition lowering prices and creating more jobs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Dotard isn't making up any ground though.  He's the one in behind.  Though it's true, Harris has to gain more momentum (unless CouchSexMan does more mainstream interviews) as the GOP looks presently to my knowledge to be retaking the Senate.  Dems though look to be retaking Congress.

The Sheriff thinks there might be a conspiracy!!!!   😳

Is Petey finally going to be vindicated?   

Sheriff Snyder said “How does a guy from not here get all the way to Trump International, realize that the president, former president of the United States is golfing and is able to get a rifle in that vicinity?”

Edited by Elias Pettersson