US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Gator said:

Which of these claims that I made have I not backed up with facts?

1. Trump wrongfully fact checked for bringing up late term abortion/post birth execution

2. Kamala not being fact checked about being against fracking

3. Kamala not being fact checked after denying that she was for defunding the police

4. Kamala not being fact checked when she claimed Trump said "There will be a blood bath if I'm not elected"

There's more but I have stuff tho do and you're likely not going to take the time to look into the proof anyway so it's pointless. My point is theres not much I didn't back of with proof, if anything to be honest. I mean a lot of the talk now is just my opinion on the left. Cant really prove opinion. Even though you guys certainly try to prove yours ("Trumps a dictator")

1,2,3,4.  You have posted some videos though.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gator said:

1. Trump wrongfully fact checked for bringing up late term abortion/post birth execution

3. Kamala not being fact checked after denying that she was for defunding the police

4. Kamala not being fact checked when she claimed Trump said "There will be a blood bath if I'm not elected"

There's more but I have stuff to do and you're likely not going to take the time to look into the proof anyway so it's pointless. My point is theres not much I didn't back of with proof, if anything to be honest. I mean a lot of the talk now is just my opinion on the left. Cant really prove opinion. Even though you guys certainly try to prove yours ("Trumps a dictator")

All the above.  You seem to be having a great deal of difficulty differentiating between fact and opinion.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Depends on what we're defining as "dehumanize."

If someone gets asked for proof of a bold statement being made and that person either links something that is clearly not proof or even just straight up refuses, it should be completely understandable that that person should not be taken seriously until they provide that proof. That works both ways.

It just so happens that I see people on the right make bold statements and not support their claims more than I see this on the left. I'm speaking from a centrists point of view where I've seen valid points from both sides.

And then, when things escalate in all of this, that's when words like "dehumanize" get thrown around which really is someone saying their feelings got hurt because they couldn't provide proof and the conversation's not going their way.

Big difference between not taking someone seriously and trying to dehumanize them.

22 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Not sure why you and some others act like only people on the right do this. It happens from the left as well. It's even a regular occurrence in this very thread to dehumanize people with conservative views.

The issue is, conservative views are not the problem.  Hyper religious conservative views and the lying done by those leading the conservative march are.

I am still a small c conservative and I have absolutely nothing in common with what is being promoted in the US or Canada right now by the conservative brands.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Satchmo said:

Exactly.. Like I said

The left is crazy because they blatantly ignoe facts so they can continue to push their extreme rhetoric. You are the perfect example of it lol

It'd be like me turning a blind eye to Trumps mishandling on January 6th, or me defending all those disgusting perverted stuff he's said.. I acknowledge that, and rightfully think hes a pos.. you guys should allow yourself to see the bad in your side as well, or you will never be making a truly informed decision no matter how smart you think you are

• Wiener 1

4 minutes ago, Gator said:

There's more but I have stuff to do and you're likely not going to take the time to look into the proof anyway so it's pointless. My point is theres not much I didn't back of with proof, if anything to be honest. I mean a lot of the talk now is just my opinion on the left. Cant really prove opinion. Even though you guys certainly try to prove yours ("Trumps a dictator")

1.  He was not wrongfully fact checked, he was fact checked because it is true.  Using a soundbite without the ENTIRE statement by one count, it ONE single democratic entity who is actually an expert in the field to justify a lie is not being fact checked erroneously.  it is checking someone who is lying out of their ass.

2.  Kamala switched positions for political expediency.  That is not her not being fact checked, that is her doing the exact same thing every politician has ever done.  Changing a position to garner votes.  She was against fracking now she is not.  Your orange buffoon has done it a few dozen times himself.

3.  The entirety fo the "defund" statement has been a bullshit lie from the beginning.  Used by the GOP and Trump to promote a lie in which they tell people that the Dems want lawlessness when in fact they want to shift money towards mental health and social servicing the problems officers are not equipped to handle.  That's not fact checking or failing to fact check, that is not allowing a fucking liar to keep lying about things.

4.  Trump literally said this.  LITERALLY his OWN WORDS!  How do you let him say if he doesn't get elected it's gonna be a blood bath, then allowing him to walk it back by saying he meant the auto industry, but don't allow biden the same walk back on put a bullseye on his policies?

You support a fucking lying narcissist who is obviously senile and one extra patty on his big mac away from a heart attack and that's on you.  But you don't gt to pretend he's a victim at all and then claim someone got fact checked unfairly and the other not when it's a total fabrication on your part.

We're not republicans,  which is to say; we're not fucking idiots and we don't believe the lie because it suits our bias.  So stop peddling that crap here because nobody is buying it.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Gator said:

The left is crazy because they blatantly ignoe facts so they can continue to push their extreme rhetoric.

I want you to give me 3 examples of the lefts EXTREME rhetoric.

Go ahead.  IN your own words, what do you describe as extreme rhetoric from the left.

Come on now.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Gator said:

Exactly.. Like I said

The left is crazy because they blatantly ignoe facts so they can continue to push their extreme rhetoric. You are the perfect example of it lol

It'd be like me turning a blind eye to Trumps mishandling on January 6th, or me defending all those disgusting perverted stuff he's said.. I acknowledge that, and rightfully think hes a pos.. you guys should allow yourself to see the bad in your side as well, or you will never be making a truly informed decision no matter how smart you think you are

Let's just talk opinions for now rather than facts.   You have not once told why my opinion that Trump's late term abortion/baby execution comments needed a fact check is so delusional.    Come on, this is a discussion board.  Discuss.

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

All the above.  You seem to be having a great deal of difficulty differentiating between fact and opinion.

1. You can argue specifics on whether you agree with the late term abortion. The entire 3-4 minute interview does exist, but I didn't find it in first search.

2. She now claims she don't, but she has said just 5 years ago "There is no question that I am in favor of banning fracking".. Is she only lying to us now to try and convince the swing state? 

3. No words needed

4. Completely taken out of context and spun to fit the "dictator" narrative you guys love to push.. You know. That narrative that now almost costed the man his life... Twice.....

But you keep ignoring the facts presented to you lol

• Wiener 1

18 minutes ago, Gator said:

There's a difference between making bold claims and actually supporting your work. I'm only seen the former so far from you, followed by you playing the victim card.

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

1.  He was not wrongfully fact checked, he was fact checked because it is true.  Using a soundbite without the ENTIRE statement by one count, it ONE single democratic entity who is actually an expert in the field to justify a lie is not being fact checked erroneously.  it is checking someone who is lying out of their ass.

2.  Kamala switched positions for political expediency.  That is not her not being fact checked, that is her doing the exact same thing every politician has ever done.  Changing a position to garner votes.  She was against fracking now she is not.  Your orange buffoon has done it a few dozen times himself.

3.  The entirety fo the "defund" statement has been a bullshit lie from the beginning.  Used by the GOP and Trump to promote a lie in which they tell people that the Dems want lawlessness when in fact they want to shift money towards mental health and social servicing the problems officers are not equipped to handle.  That's not fact checking or failing to fact check, that is not allowing a fucking liar to keep lying about things.

4.  Trump literally said this.  LITERALLY his OWN WORDS!  How do you let him say if he doesn't get elected it's gonna be a blood bath, then allowing him to walk it back by saying he meant the auto industry, but don't allow biden the same walk back on put a bullseye on his policies?

You support a fucking lying narcissist who is obviously senile and one extra patty on his big mac away from a heart attack and that's on you.  But you don't gt to pretend he's a victim at all and then claim someone got fact checked unfairly and the other not when it's a total fabrication on your part.

We're not republicans,  which is to say; we're not fucking idiots and we don't believe the lie because it suits our bias.  So stop peddling that crap here because nobody is buying it.

1. Read that again (your version)

4. read that too. (your version)

Edited by Gator
  • Wiener 1

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

Your voting with your heart, not your head and it is very evident with statements like that.. Because your head deep in the left wing media.. They'd have you pulling the trigger yourself if you thought you'd get away with it

Edited by Gator
  • Wiener 1

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The issue is, conservative views are not the problem.  Hyper religious conservative views and the lying done by those leading the conservative march are.

I am still a small c conservative and I have absolutely nothing in common with what is being promoted in the US or Canada right now by the conservative brands.

We agree on the first statement, but there are some people who think those views are a problem. Likewise there are people who think liberal views are a problem.

I think there's problems with each side's leadership, and their extremes. I simply don't buy into the notion that it's all one side's fault. Can argue one is worse than the other, and that's the purpose in voting, but neither side is completely innocent.

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Your voting with your heart, not your head and it is very evident with statements like that.. Because your head deep in the left wing media.. They'd have you pulling the trigger yourself if you thought you'd get away with it

• Haha 1
  • Wiener 1

51 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Not sure why you and some others act like only people on the right do this. It happens from the left as well. It's even a regular occurrence in this very thread to dehumanize people with conservative views.

You lurked around here and I'm sure you saw I caught some of the flack myself when I said people shouldn't be cheering for the bullet to hit Trump, and when I defended a Conservative member of our board was accused of sharing views with a Duginist Alt-Righter. 

There is definitely extremism on the left, you tell me 50 years ago the Far Left are a greater danger and more extreme and prone to violence, I agree with you. Today the landscape has changed and there is a blind eye, conscious and unconscious to the Reactionary Right.

This is data from a year ago up to 2023 from the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, known as START. 

Granted this is a sample of the military personnel (who are more prone to commit domestic acts of terrorism) but it highlights a big problem right now in America.

https://www.start.umd.edu/profiles-individual-radicalization-united-states-pirus-keshif

image.thumb.png.57c0b02ee5bd18a3bc1c3c9519beb9f5.png

I also think for this instance we'd need to agree what exactly are conservative values here. The majority of content being shared via Youtube and twitter is far right / reactionary than the Neo-Liberal Bush/Reagan/Romney/McCain style conservatism that I picture and can respect, because those are actual principles that are held honestly and can be honestly debated.  A few members I know are all on the 'conservative bad' ship, but there is a real need for honest to god conservatism here as an alternative.

It's a poor reflection on Conservative values  to put them in the same camp as the guy claiming Immigrants are eating dogs, raping women and that the left wants a civil war. And showing zero interest in debating actual policy and its effects on the country and world. I feel like for every value today's Republicans want to claim and uphold as a Conservative value, there is a video of Trump pissing all over it or going completely against it. 

Why go so far to defend the guy pissing over Conservative Values like Family, Stability, Economy etc...?

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Gator said:

If people actually voting with their heads Trump would be polling at near 0% with his horrendous tarrif everything policy. 

That along will bring America to its knees and cause a great depression. 

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Bold assumption and incorrect.

Provide me with something of value and I will consider it.

No you won't. At least I've never seen it on these forums.

Besides, I have better things to do at the moment. So, like I said earlier, enough of this thread for me today.

Edited by The Lock