US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

You lurked around here and I'm you saw I caught some of the flack myself when I said people shouldn't be cheering for the bullet to hit Trump, and when one Conservative member of our board was accused of sharing views with a Duginist Alt-Righter. 

There is definitely extremism on the left, you tell me 50 years ago the Far Left are a greater danger and more extreme and prone to violence, I agree with you. Today the landscape has changed and there is a blind eye, conscious and unconscious to the Right.

This is data from a year ago up to 2023 from the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, known as START. 

Granted this is a sample of the military personnel (who are more prone to commit domestic acts of terrorism) but it highlights a big problem right now in America.

https://www.start.umd.edu/profiles-individual-radicalization-united-states-pirus-keshif

image.thumb.png.57c0b02ee5bd18a3bc1c3c9519beb9f5.png

I also think for this instance we'd need to agree what exactly are conservative values here. The majority of content being shared via Youtube and twitter is far right / reactionary than the Neo-Liberal Bush/Reagan/Romney style conservatism that I picture and can respect, because those are actual principles that are held honestly and can be honestly debated.  A few members I know are all on the 'conservative bad' ship, but there is a real need for honest to god conservatism here as an alternative.

It's a poor reflection on Conservative values  to put them in the same camp as the guy claiming Immigrants are eating dogs, raping women and that the left wants a civil war. And showing zero interest in debating actual policy and its effects on the country and world. I feel like for every value today's Republicans want to claim and uphold as a Conservative value, there is a video of Trump pissing all over it or going completely against it. 

Why go so far to defend the guy pissing over Conservative Values like Family, Stability, Economy etc...?

I actually didn't check this thread around the assassination attempt as I figured it would be a cesspool. Kudos to you if that was your stance.

I wasn't supporting Trump in my initial response to you -- my issue was with left wing extremism being considered a myth. Your reply here is more nuanced and acknowledges that.

Sorry to repeat myself from to my response to Warhippy, but I think it applies. Can argue one is worse than the other, and that's the purpose in voting, but neither side is completely innocent.

28 minutes ago, Gator said:

Your voting with your heart, not your head and it is very evident with statements like that.. Because your head deep in the left wing media.. They'd have you pulling the trigger yourself if you thought you'd get away with it

I just cant fathom voting for or supporting trump and claiming "i was using my head" to do it.

• ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, Gator said:

1. Read that again (your version)

4. read that too. (your version)

Sure, ya.  Just my version.  Not that I didn't post a video of Trump in his own words or anything.  But oh wait, he didn't mean a blood bath like that, he meant it another way.  But Biden saying bullseye ONLY means one thing.

because "reasons"

Stll waiting for you to ive us examples of this "left wing extremism" you claim exists and is so prevalent.  Then of course an example or comparison of how the right is absolutely not the same.  Because the left is the issue.

Edited by Warhippy

27 minutes ago, Gator said:

1. You can argue specifics on whether you agree with the late term abortion. The entire 3-4 minute interview does exist, but I didn't find it in first search.

2. She now claims she don't, but she has said just 5 years ago "There is no question that I am in favor of banning fracking".. Is she only lying to us now to try and convince the swing state? 

3. No words needed

4. Completely taken out of context and spun to fit the "dictator" narrative you guys love to push.. You know. That narrative that now almost costed the man his life... Twice.....

But you keep ignoring the facts presented to you lol

I know you know how to cue up a video. 

Can you cue up the video 1 to the point where he says 'execute babies'?

Can you cue up the video 3 to the point where she says 'defund the police'?

As far as video 2 goes, I don't like it, but I can understand how policies change when somebody runs for President.  For example:

As far as video 4 goes he said it.  If this does or not need fact checking how does it differ from video 2?

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I just cant fathom voting for or supporting trump and claiming "i was using my head" to do it.

I can respect that opinion. To me it's an obvious choice, but I can't force you to see what I'm seeing. I guess we can just agree to disagree 🍻

• Wiener 1

On January 1/24, Trump Media stock was trading at $17.25. On March 25th, one day after Trump Media absorbed Truth Social, the stock was trading at $61.96. Today, after closing, DJT is trading at $17.15. Conclusion: Everything Trump Touches Dies. The stock is worth 10 cents less today than it was at the beginning of the year. The company lost over $300 million in the first quarter and have not yet released second quarter statistics (April, May and June). Within the next two weeks, insider holders will be free to sell off their shares. Trump says he isn't selling his shares (57% of the outstanding shares) but institutional holders are more likely to bail if they can't see the stock gaining ground in the future. Either way, the stock hasn't hit bottom yet.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

We agree on the first statement, but there are some people who think those views are a problem. Likewise there are people who think liberal views are a problem.

I think there's problems with each side's leadership, and their extremes. I simply don't buy into the notion that it's all one side's fault. Can argue one is worse than the other, and that's the purpose in voting, but neither side is completely innocent.

https://x.com/BNODesk/status/1835783381659037702

Yup the Dems have to dial down the rhetoric 🙃

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

25 minutes ago, Gator said:

I can respect that opinion. To me it's an obvious choice, but I can't force you to see what I'm seeing. I guess we can just agree to disagree 🍻

Guess it would be hard to force a guy to shove their head far enough up their own arse to see Trump as a symbol of strength honesty or integrity

• Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Guess it would be hard to force a guy to shove their head far enough up their own arse to see Trump as a symbol of strength honesty or integrity

Never did you hear me praise Trump like that. Stop with the false rhetoric

• Wiener 1

23 minutes ago, 24K said:

The fact they been hyping it up for Trump supporters really does not leave much credence of them being a non partisian pollster.  

I think even a boring candidate like Mondale got like 40% of the popular ote vs a very popular Reagan way back when.  In only a two horse race, you still have a boxers chance

17 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

JD, working as a Democratic mole to undermine GOP 🤣

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2022/04/19/americas-hitler-old-j-d-vance-message-turns-up-in-heated-senate-primary/

He's just finally realized that while Trumps's base considers that a good thing, the rest of the country does not.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I liked it better when GOP Herschel Walker held up that fake cop badge.🤣

My response would be that she can stop referring to Project 2025 if the Heritage Foundation closed up shop, stopped contributing to QOP campaigns, stopped providing legislation to QOP members, and stopped providing judicial lists that QOP Presidents then use to determine who they appoint to the Federal bench.  

We know that isn't happening. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1