US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Laura Loomer pregnant with Trump's child would be ine heck of a October surprise. Even more so if Loomer got an abortion on it. 

It would be pretty funny....but it probably wouldn't cost him the Evangelical vote.....

• Cheers 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

It would be pretty funny....but it probably wouldn't cost him the Evangelical vote.....

Never said it would move the needle, just would be an October surprise for the ages.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

I'm still sticking with October surprise prediction being a leak out of Jack Smith's office.

But would that leak be able to stand on its own merits?  

Or would it fall limp in the face of procedural obstacles?

:hurhur:

• Haha 2
  • Wiener 1

2 hours ago, 24K said:

I mean dems kinda dropped the ball by not inviting their head to speak at the dnc but their current head is a bit of an a hole so this really ain't that surprising. 

Also remember teamster represent delivery drivers and truckers so knowing that group, it also ain't surprising.

Truckers and drivers are their core membership but they have branched out over the years and represent people in other forms of work.  The union card dealers in Las Vegas are represented by the Teamsters the last that I knew while strangely enough the slot attendants are represented by a culinary union of all things. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/sheer-terror-election-workers-brace-for-violence-as-trump-amps-up-prosecution-rhetoric/ar-AA1qNjgl?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=375c9f09dbb242cb9417a92cfec988db&ei=54

"

Election workers are less worried former President Donald Trump will prosecute them if he wins the November election and more worried they'll be physically attacked if he loses, according to a new report.

The New York Times interviewed more than two dozen election officials and democracy experts nationwide and discovered they're not impressed with Trump's threats or his tactics.

-------------------------------

fair bit more at link

• Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/be-smart-republicans-trump-calls-to-shut-down-government-over-gop-voting-bill/ar-AA1qN8Fq?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=375c9f09dbb242cb9417a92cfec988db&ei=76

"

Former President Donald Trump called on Republicans to shut down the federal government unless a funding bill included a measure that would add an additional barrier to voter registration.

"If Republicans don't get the SAVE Act, and every ounce of it, they should not agree to a Continuing Resolution in any way, shape, or form," the Republican nominee wrote on his Truth Social platform Wednesday.

Trump baselessly claimed Democrats were "registering Illegal Voters by the TENS OF THOUSANDS, as we speak."

"Only American Citizens should be voting in our Most Important Election in History, or any Election!" he exclaimed. "A Vote must happen BEFORE the Election, not AFTER the Election when it is too late."

"BE SMART, REPUBLICANS, YOU'VE BEEN PUSHED AROUND LONG ENOUGH BY THE DEMOCRATS. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN," the former president added.

Despite Trump's claim, it's unlikely that the so-called SAVE Act could be enforced before November's election even if it was passed. President Joe Biden and Senate Democrats have said they would oppose the GOP legislation, which would require voters to show a birth certificate or passport before casting a ballot.

-----------------------------------------------------

Morans.

A birth certificate will show where you were born, it does not prove you are an American citizen.-- Ask Ted Cruz.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I said it earlier: Trump is worried about losing and is laying the groundwork for another attempt to overturn the result when he does.

The problem for the Repugs is that a shutdown is a political loser for the party. Mitch McConnell has already called the idea "stupid" and say what you will about him, he's twice as smart as Dolt 45....

There has been a lot of chatter from his verbal queues that some sort of plan is in the works to end run the election. If he could just keel over already...  :hurhur:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I said it earlier: Trump is worried about losing and is laying the groundwork for another attempt to overturn the result when he does.

The problem for the Repugs is that a shutdown is a political loser for the party. Mitch McConnell has already called the idea "stupid" and say what you will about him, he's twice as smart as Dolt 45....

Dolt 45 almost made me spit my coffee out my nose...brilliant. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I was watching a documentary about the 2020 election and the "stop the steal" movement last night.

I had kind of forgotten about it, because there's so much bullshit coming from the Trump campaign, but they were already talking about "evidence" and "proof" about fraud and rigging, within a couple of days of Biden being declared the winner.

Never mind the fact that there's no way they could have compiled any meaningful data in that amount of time. I fully expect more of the same....and I fully expect his followers to once again, completely miss the illogic...

Saw that one on the guide last night, any good? I highly recommend watching The Insurrectionist Next Door. It's follows a number of people on trial for January 6, and how they got there. Spoiler alert, it turns out a lot of the spiritual leaders and influencers they follow so faithfully were failed criminals who found a better way to grift. Some saw the light, some didn't at their own peril. 

The one Nancy Pelosi's daughter did is pretty good too. I am not a fan of Pelosi, but watching people who threatened her online etc. try and act human when confronted in real life is a thing of beauty. Just another reason why this whole gaslighting nonsense, over the last 20 pages, trying to convince us that it's the democrats inciting violence is so clearly an act of desperation. They need to cite partial quotes that leave out context,  or edit small video segments that do the same to even find 1 or 2 incidents worth mentioning. For the rest of us, we have literally thousands of examples going the other way that require zero editing. Many of us have been paying way too much attention to entertain this shit. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Saw that one on the guide last night, any good? I highly recommend watching The Insurrectionist Next Door. It's follows a number of people on trial for January 6, and how they got there. Spoiler alert, it turns out a lot of the spiritual leaders and influencers they follow so faithfully were failed criminals who found a better way to grift. Some saw the light, some didn't at their own peril. 

The one Nancy Pelosi's daughter did is pretty good too. I am not a fan of Pelosi, but watching people who threatened her online etc. try and act human when confronted in real life is a thing of beauty. Just another reason why this whole gaslighting nonsense, over the last 20 pages, trying to convince us that it's the democrats inciting violence is so clearly an act of desperation. They need to cite partial quotes that leave out context,  or edit small video segments that do the same to even find 1 or 2 incidents worth mentioning. For the rest of us, we have literally thousands of examples going the other way that require zero editing. Many of us have been paying way too much attention to entertain this shit. 

That 2 minute clip posted about 'violent' democrat language was cute. You could probably find enough clips of Trump to rival the run time of the Lord of the Rings extended versions.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

I'm still sticking with my October surprise prediction being a leak out of Jack Smith's office.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm expecting a couple of surprises for that matter, backed with credible evidence to boot. I also expect an October surprise coming our way in the form of a bat shit conspiracy the weirdos will spread ad nauseam. I imagine the migrants eating pets nonsense isn't even close to the bottom of the barrel. 

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo
  • Cheers 3

48 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I did see that one....

The one I watched last night was kind of depressing, TBH. So many people still firmly believe that the 2020 election was stolen and they say it as if it's a proven fact.

Jacob Chansley (the Q-Anon shaman) was interviewed and it appears that his stint in jail taught him nothing. Mark Finchem, (the failed Secretary of State candidate in Arizona) is also interviewed and also talks as though the rigged election theory was fact.

I didn't make it all the way through, as it ran a bit late for me, but I'll probably rewatch, to catch the ending.

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I did see that one....

The one I watched last night was kind of depressing, TBH. So many people still firmly believe that the 2020 election was stolen and they say it as if it's a proven fact.

Jacob Chansley (the Q-Anon shaman) was interviewed and it appears that his stint in jail taught him nothing. Mark Finchem, (the failed Secretary of State candidate in Arizona) is also interviewed and also talks as though the rigged election theory was fact.

I didn't make it all the way through, as it ran a bit late for me, but I'll probably reqatch, to catch the ending.

Yeah I hear ya. To be honest I didn't really gain any knowledge by watching any of these documentaries. It was what I thought it was for the most part. The real eye opener for me was just how hard it is for some of these people to get out of the rabbit hole. I mean, for some, all they had to do was apologize and promise not to attend any more klan rallies, but they refused on the advice of the people who influenced their actions on Jan 6 in the first place, and went to prison. One even went with the whole sovereign citizen schtick, ffs. Pretty sure she just got out recently. You really can't fix stupid. Depressing is right. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

TEAMSTERS RELEASE PRESIDENTIAL ENDORSEMENT POLLING DATA

“For the past year, the Teamsters Union has pledged to conduct the most inclusive, democratic, and transparent Presidential endorsement process in the history of our 121-year-old organization—and today we are delivering on that promise to our members,” said Teamsters General President Sean M. O’Brien. “Our members are the union, and their voices and opinions must be at the forefront of everything the Teamsters do. Our final decision around a possible Presidential endorsement will not be made lightly, but you can be sure it will be driven directly by our diverse membership.”

The Teamsters have not yet endorsed any candidate for U.S. President. The union’s General Executive Board expects to announce a decision on Wednesday.

Looks like the a hole leader got caught with his pants down.

There look to be a mutiny from local chapters independently endorsing Harris-Walz

Michigan Teamsters Joint Council 43 endorses Harris

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wnem.com/2024/09/18/michigan-teamsters-joint-council-43-endorses-harris/%3foutputType=amp

Can't confirm but sounds like O'Brein used the electronic and call surveys that have small sample sizes to justify his non-endorsement. Teamster did not release sample sizes so you can put this in the rumor mill but you would imagine they would release sample size data if it was substantial. 

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1