US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

This assclown is a prime example of how sometimes time stands still in certain areas of the Deep South. Kennedy, for example, is stuck in 1955 in a small, segregated rural town that is still getting used to electricity and running water.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Duodenum said:

Damn, with such riveting evidence, how silly of me to even respond! Must of been the blinders that I wasn't so easily convinced by such evidence as:

Blank

Truly, amazing and compelling evidence!

Harris tuned up Trump, must've been the deep state! I see that now, you've shown me the light. It's all so obvious now that I've seen:

Blank

How did she tune up Trump exactly? All I heard was Trump this Trump that, and that she was raised by a single mother? I didn't hear one thing she is going to do to bring back hope to the American people? Oh I did hear free money offered!!! That'll save us!

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

At least your willing to listen.. What do you need proof on? Or what policies have you leaning left? 

Proof that:

- Rigged debate

- She was given the questions in advance

These are just your opinions so I need no proof (to know that they are just your opinions):

Harris spread dangerous lies to all of America. 

Its a disgrace

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Sure, but that still doesn't mean I'm about to ruin a good time if that kind of stuff doesn't get brought up. II don't care if it's here, in Germany, or wherever. There's a time and place for everything.

If I get more curious about that stuff, I'll research it. I don't really buy your version of it to begin with to be honest.

No problem!

So when a lull in conversation happens You can quote me a bit, "this guy in canada said this" and you know what? Germans are very honest, and proud how much better they have become. Very happy to talk about it. I mean it was 80 years ago right?

Many elders tell the stories to expain why they did what they did.

The world has a lot to learn from those stories.

Edited by EastCoastExpress

18 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I mean, we did just come from 2 old guys duking it out to 1 old guy duking it out with the vice president of another old guy.

The result is Harris has an uphill battle still because people are going to connect her with Biden. So when you say you don't trust that side, I get it.

I also get the frustration when it comes to what some leftist channels will say about Trump. There's a lot of youtube videos I see where the title's like "Oh we got him! He's done for!"... and then it's some much smaller thing: clickbait basically.

However, despite all of this. I'd much much rather see Trump lose this election, not because I like the democrats, but because I think the republicans need to rebuild. They need a wake up call. They're too far right at the moment and the only thing keeping them in contention right now are the extra voters they get just because its Trump.

But, like I said, I think that's going to happen. Think of it this way: 2020 showed that Biden can beat Trump. Biden's not popular but he still won. This means there are that many people in the states who hate Trump, and this was 2020. This was before he started crying spilled milk about the 2020 election. This was before Jan 6. This was before all of the court cases. This is before roe vs wade. Because of all of these events, there's objectively going to be more people now against Trump than there was in 2020 if we just look at recent events.

Even in the primaries, Trump was not exactly showing that republicans are all united with Trump. Instead, we're seeing the opposite. Meanwhile, Biden was getting 90%+ votes in the Democrat primaries.

And sure, there's 2016 when people were expecting Clinton to win; however, the fact that constantly gets brought up means that people are constantly getting reminded of it. This means that's likely to have the opposite effect and will likely make people get out and vote.

Now, obviously there's also the polling, but I've openly stated here that I believe polls are just for the media to get clicks with. Hopefully though, you see I'm not speaking of things out my butt.

Very well said, and don't necessarily disagree with anything.

Honestly I'm not that knowledgeable with how politics are ran.. But as an average citizen 2 things about politics really frustrate me.

1. Lying & Deceiving the people. It is for sure happening on both sides. Theres no denying that.. But to me the extreme lengths the democrats have gone to paint the picture of Trump as a dictator is gone way too far. Couple that with an assassination attempt, followed by more of the rhetoric, and then a 2nd assassination attempt.. They should have learned after the first one. Seemed like they did with their speeches, but Kamala was back at that dictator rhetoric on the debate stage just days before the 2nd attempt. Add to that the very suspicious lack of skill from the SS your "average" person looking at it has many alarm bells going off. I'm sure people will twist it into I'm just being a big conspiracy guy, but I cannot stress enough how much I push back on almost every conspiracy theory I hear (99% of them are silly imo).. Point I'm making is from your average viewers eye things look very suspicious and imo could be the reason Trump wins. They tried to hard to push people against Trump, and the people are seeing it as a battle against "corruption".. Maybe not the best wording, but the best I can explain it

2. Warfare.. I cannot tell you how much my blood boils knowing innocent people go out and risk their lives for these crooked f***s that lead our countries. When you have wars in Europe that could very realistically erupt into a WW3 things need to be taking very serious in my eyes. To me I see 1 side constantly pushing to try and make peace (I don't buy all that Putin loving crap in the slightest), and the other side I see absolutely 0 interest from in wanting to end the war. If Kamala gets in the world's hands will very likely rest on either Putin being sane when backed into a corner, or the Russians ability to overthrow him. I have next to no faith in either happening.. And even if I did have a little faith.. Is it really worth the gamble?

For those reasons the obvious choice to me is Trump. We can argue policies and all that crap all day.. But what good are policies when there could be an all out nuclear war. And no that is not me trying to push fear.. To me its a very real threat that people really need to start taking serious. For everyone. Not just us

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gator said:

Very well said, and don't necessarily disagree with anything.

Honestly I'm not that knowledgeable with how politics are ran.. But as an average citizen 2 things about politics really frustrate me.

1. Lying & Deceiving the people. It is for sure happening on both sides. Theres no denying that.. But to me the extreme lengths the democrats have gone to paint the picture of Trump as a dictator is gone way too far. Couple that with an assassination attempt, followed by more of the rhetoric, and then a 2nd assassination attempt.. They should have learned after the first one. Seemed like they did with their speeches, but Kamala was back at that dictator rhetoric on the debate stage just days before the 2nd attempt. Add to that the very suspicious lack of skill from the SS your "average" person looking at it has many alarm bells going off. I'm sure people will twist it into I'm just being a big conspiracy guy, but I cannot stress enough how much I push back on almost every conspiracy theory I hear (99% of them are silly imo).. Point I'm making is from your average viewers eye things look very suspicious and imo could be the reason Trump wins. They tried to hard to push people against Trump, and the people are seeing it as a battle against "corruption".. Maybe not the best wording, but the best I can explain it

2. Warfare.. I cannot tell you how much my blood boils knowing innocent people go out and risk their lives for these crooked f***s that lead our countries. When you have wars in Europe that could very realistically erupt into a WW3 things need to be taking very serious in my eyes. To me I see 1 side constantly pushing to try and make peace (I don't buy all that Putin loving crap in the slightest), and the other side I see absolutely 0 interest from in wanting to end the war. If Kamala gets in the world's hands will very likely rest on either Putin being sane when backed into a corner, or the Russians ability to overthrow him. I have next to no faith in either happening.. And even if I did have a little faith.. Is it really worth the gamble?

For those reasons the obvious choice to me is Trump. We can argue policies and all that crap all day.. But what good are policies when there could be an all out nuclear war. And no that is not me trying to push fear.. To me its a very real threat that people really need to start taking serious. For everyone. Not just us

You trust a maniac who thought it was a good idea to nuke a hurricane with the world's largest nuclear arsenal?  Trump is every bit as evil as Putin and adds the additional problem of being severely mentally handicapped.  You trust that worthless piece of trash to be sane?

Edited by King Heffy

1 hour ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Actually, I am a Canadian so I just see the "eye test" of what is happening in society right now, I dont like any of our political choices except maybe Green, or even the Bloc (I dont live in Quebec!!)

But thanks for letting me know I look like an ass, I just speak my mind. I may be wrong? I am actually scared I am correct and we are the next China. You all get a home, you all get groceries, you own nothing. You do as your told.

Dude you clearly have no idea what China is like....

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Trump is every bit as evil as Putin

Like I said.. They'd have you pulling the trigger for them if you thought you'd get away with it

Sad.. Keep pushing that rhetoric though

22 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

How did she tune up Trump exactly? All I heard was Trump this Trump that, and that she was raised by a single mother? I didn't hear one thing she is going to do to bring back hope to the American people? Oh I did hear free money offered!!! That'll save us!

You tell me, you're the one saying she had the answers and the debate was rigged without proof. Clearly you think she dominated Trump as why would you make those claims otherwise?

Try to stay on topic please.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Harris having the questions ahead of time has to be one of the dumbest takes. Is there anyone out there that would have been unprepared for these questions:

1. Economy and the cost of living

2. Tariffs 

3. Abortion

4. Immigration and border security 

5. Israel - Hamas

6. War in Ukraine 

7. Afghanistan withdrawal 

8. Health care

9. Climate change

Two side questions directed at Trump

1. Would you veto a national abortion ban?

2. Peaceful transfer of power, and any regrets?

Two side questions directed at Harris

1. Would you support any restrictions on a woman’s right to an abortion?

2. Policy changes on fracking and buyback program on assault weapons?

Any candidate not prepared for these questions needs a new debate coach.

Trump was flattened so the excuses come flying out from the media. Rigged! Earpiece! Please, something stick! 

If Trump had won the debate, there would be silence.

You're exactly right, the questions were super obvious and extremely easy. Trump fumbled questions a (smart) high schooler could've handled.

It's embarrassing to even debate against.

No facts, all feelings.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Harris having the questions ahead of time has to be one of the dumbest takes. Is there anyone out there that would have been unprepared for these questions:

1. Economy and the cost of living

2. Tariffs 

3. Abortion

4. Immigration and border security 

5. Israel - Hamas

6. War in Ukraine 

7. Afghanistan withdrawal 

8. Health care

9. Climate change

Two side questions directed at Trump

1. Would you veto a national abortion ban?

2. Peaceful transfer of power, and any regrets?

Two side questions directed at Harris

1. Would you support any restrictions on a woman’s right to an abortion?

2. Policy changes on fracking and buyback program on assault weapons?

Any candidate not prepared for these questions needs a new debate coach.

They act like she was asked "Who was NBA rookie of the year in 2005?" and just reeled it off.

Next time maybe don't get prepped by Laura Loomer and mention totally unprovoked that Haitian immigrants are eating cats and dogs.

Evan Rogan found it amusing.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

No facts, all feelings

I mean if you ignore the gaslighting you might be onto something.. Yall ignore the obvious bias towards Harris as much as most of us would ignore bad officiating in favor of the Canucks.

Still believe Harris should have been fact checked several times and wasn't, but you'll claim a bunch of BS ticky tacky stuff.. So to save the ridiculous beating around the bush I'll just call it "rigged with extreme gaslighting"

Harris won the debate, sure.. But its hard to win a 1v3 in anything.. Tbh I think Trump won, because to me it just helped the people see how 1 sided the mainstream is for a candidate.. And these days people are pushing back against the mainstream BS.. Showing obvious bias like they did is only winning over young voters for Trump imo.

You can keep your blinders on or atleast pretend to all you want. You can't really believe that debate was fair for Trump in the slightest, and if you do you really need to take those glasses off my friend. Or maybe put them on? lol

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Trump was flattened so the excuses come flying out from the media. Rigged! Earpiece! Please, something stick! 

You're exactly right, the questions were super obvious and extremely easy. Trump fumbled questions a (smart) high schooler could've handled.

No facts, all feelings.

It's always the same recycled shit, remember this?  .....

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

No facts, all feelings.

Might as well toss in the ABC bias  (3 against 1) bs. 

speaking time for Harris 37m 36sec

speaking time for Trump 42m 52sec

Trump was constantly allowed to respond or butt in, Harris tried once and was shut down by mod Linsey Davis. 

So the other team cheated, then blame the refs. Next up “It was the Roxy Flu”

As for fact checking Trump makes it easy by broadcasting his weird lies loudly and repeatedly well before the debate so he’s much easier to prepare for. He should have showed up with some fresh new material that we haven’t heard before. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It's always the same recycled shit, remember this?  .....

They do a great job of muddying the waters whenever they look weak. Then the people who want to hopelessly believe, can find something to hold onto until the next dopamine hit. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Might as well toss in the ABC bias  (3 against 1) bs. 

speaking time for Harris 37m 36sec

speaking time for Trump 42m 52sec

Trump was constantly allowed to respond or butt in, Harris tried once and was shut down by mod Linsey Davis. 

So the other team cheated, then blame the refs. Next up “It was the Roxy Flu”

As for fact checking Trump makes it easy by broadcasting his weird lies loudly and repeatedly well before the debate so he’s much easier to prepare for. He should have showed up with some fresh new material that we haven’t heard before. 

That's a good point. He repeats the same lies so often, they become very easy to fact check.