US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 hours ago, 24K said:

I didn't want to engage with you but time to reason with you a bit.

First of all Trump own words is dictator on day one. Blame Trump for giving the ammo not to mention him saying he will jail anyone that is against him recently. He is his own worst enemy on that front. 

Second, Trump signed schedule F executive order in the last days of his presidency which give him broad authority over the termination of your everyday civil servants that are not part of the usual rotation when a new administration come in. Biden got rid of it on day one if not the first few weeks of his presidency. You would 100% expect him to reimplement that eo. With that authority it essentially allow Trump to put in place loyalist across all of US gonvernment administration giving him near dictatorial power as far a regulatory decisions are concerned. 

With how vague laws are passed in congress, having hand pick loyalist rather than experienced experts determining the exact application of bills congress pass is very powerful. Ironically the scotus cheveron ruling may actually keep Trump in check if Dem takes control of congress at least till the midterms. 

Now would Trump declare himself God king and refuse to leave after his second term? Probably not seeing his age and obvious mental decline. So I'll give you that.

Now to ww3.

I presume you know the appeasement deal Chamberlin made with Hitler guaranteeing no war in his lifetime. Well we all know how that turned out. Capitulating to Putin right now is not the smart move if you want to stop ww3. Right now Putin is caught with his pants down with the now obvious corruption with his army and is too preoccupied with running a war to regroup and reorganize. Capitalizing Ukraine to Putin now is only going to give him time and resources to strengthen his army to an actual capable fighting force. He will invade Ukraine again and this time it won't be a laughing stock and when that time come, it won't be as simple as sending Ukraine weapons. 

It is better right now to have Ukraine slowly choke Russia's ability to wage war and have internal politics take care of Putin than to be put into a position where NATO may have to actually confront a reformed Russian army that would spark ww3. 

China ain't gonna invade Taiwan especially with their economy right now so that ain't a tinder box. China vs India is probably the bigger and more unpredictable one imho. 

The real tenderbox is the middle east with Iran and Israel and Trump's winning may actually light that one up with his unconditional support of Israel. He played a part in us being in this situation today by moving the embassy and acknowledging Jerusalem as Israel's that further enraged Palestine and their Iranian backers. Now Biden and Harris ain't saints on this front either but at least they are trying rather than throwing fuel into the fire. 

All I can say is I really hope you're right, and I'm wrong if Harris does in fact get in.. You'll be hard pressed convincing me of the dictator rhetoric, but knowing how loose and unpredictable with words Trump is I'm sure he's said things to make it easy for the opposition to paint him in that light.

On the WW3 front you also make a lot of good and valid points, but to me making peace and trying to work towards better relationships with other countries during the peaceful time is the only way to go, especially when dealing with nuclear powers.. I'm not saying you're either right or wrong, I just don't think war is ever an option.

Admittedly I havnt followed the Israel and Hamas war at all. From where I'm sitting Hamas attacked Israel, and Israel responded. Hamas pulled some isis type crap and hid among its civilians forcing Israel into a lose lose situation. Now personally I was shocked so much support was coming in from Hamas so I did a little looking into, and slowly started to see why there's so much support for Palestine. I still don't know much about it, but I definitely feel terrible for those people in Palestine. Seems like they're innocent people caught up in this ridiculous political game after being forced out of their homeland (part of it I suppose) years ago. And what's this about them detonation pagers and walkie talkies I'm hearing (Israel).. Is that not a war crime? And are they hitting civilians with those attacks? 

World's a shit show. We can fight back and forth all day, but at the end of the day I think we all want the same peaceful outcome.. We just seem to have majorily different opinions on how we're going to achieve that... Crazy times we're living in man

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

This assclown is a prime example of how sometimes time stands still in certain areas of the Deep South. Kennedy, for example, is stuck in 1955 in a small, segregated rural town that is still getting used to electricity and running water.

You put it nicely....

I, OTOH, would just say what I know to be true....Kennedy is a racist bigot and always has been....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gator said:

All I can say is I really hope you're right, and I'm wrong if Harris does in fact get in.. You'll be hard pressed convincing me of the dictator rhetoric, but knowing how loose and unpredictable with words Trump is I'm sure he's said things to make it easy for the opposition to paint him in that light.

On the WW3 front you also make a lot of good and valid points, but to me making peace and trying to work towards better relationships with other countries during the peaceful time is the only way to go, especially when dealing with nuclear powers.. I'm not saying you're either right or wrong, I just don't think war is ever an option.

Admittedly I havnt followed the Israel and Hamas war at all. From where I'm sitting Hamas attacked Israel, and Israel responded. Hamas pulled some isis type crap and hid among its civilians forcing Israel into a lose lose situation. Now personally I was shocked so much support was coming in from Hamas so I did a little looking into, and slowly started to see why there's so much support for Palestine. I still don't know much about it, but I definitely feel terrible for those people in Palestine. Seems like they're innocent people caught up in this ridiculous political game after being forced out of their homeland (part of it I suppose) years ago. And what's this about them detonation pagers and walkie talkies I'm hearing (Israel).. Is that not a war crime? And are they hitting civilians with those attacks? 

World's a shit show. We can fight back and forth all day, but at the end of the day I think we all want the same peaceful outcome.. We just seem to have majorily different opinions on how we're going to achieve that... Crazy times we're living in man

Nah the world is better than its ever been for most people. 

https://www.gapminder.org/

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Literally giving him a pass for what actually comes out of his mouth.

For days, has it been weeks? it feels like weeks...  you support a guy that you claim is loose and unpredictable with those little things called words. Those annoying little foundations of communication, words. 

But like I said many times he atleast seems real. 

I'd prefer someone be an honest ass hole that a fake "good guy".. atleast I'm getting the truth from the honest one

Just now, Gator said:

I'd prefer someone be an honest ass hole that a fake "good guy".. atleast I'm getting the truth from the honest one

Trump is as real as a mail order steak.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Trump says he's greater than Elvis....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/donald-trump-boasts-he-is-greater-than-elvis/ar-AA1qPm3T?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=7dffe8b181724c54afe8541cd87a97a5&ei=26

Donald Trump claimed he is “greater” than Elvis Presley as he boasted about drawing crowds during a rally in Uniondale, New York, on Wednesday 18 September.

The Republican nominee has been mocked in recent weeks by rival Kamala Harris and her campaign, with Barack Obama claiming he is “obsessed” with the size of his crowds in a recent advert.

During a speech on Wednesday, Mr Trump once again discussed the topic.

“Nobody can draw crowds like me... I’m the greatest of all time,” he told cheering supporters.

“Maybe greater even than Elvis. Elvis had a guitar, I don’t have a guitar. I don’t have the privilege of a guitar.”

On the surface, this claim seems ridiculous, but as someone who has the "privilege" of owning 4 guitars, I feel qualified to weigh in....

Firstly, both men were/are obese....check.

Both men made a lot of money off of something that someone else wrote. (songs / bibles).....check

Neither man is currently able to speak coherently.....check

Both have a lot of 60+ year old fans.....check

Both are more popular in the South than the North....check

So which of the two is "greater? I think this one thing puts Trump over the top.....he's the better dancer:

image.gif.ff6e3f76feb44f7e9edef5e6311d4f4b.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/donald-trump-boasts-he-is-greater-than-elvis/ar-AA1qPm3T?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=7dffe8b181724c54afe8541cd87a97a5&ei=26

On the surface, this claim seems ridiculous, but as someone who has the "privilege" of owning 4 guitars, I feel qualified to weigh in....

Both men made a lot of money off of something that someone else wrote. (songs / bibles).....check

So which of the two is "greater? I think this one thing puts Trump over the top.....he's the better dancer:

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

7 minutes ago, Gator said:

He seems like the most fake and lying pile of shit ever to grace my telly.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

He seems like the most fake and lying pile of shit ever to grace my telly

Yeah. The only think "real" about Donald Trump is that he's real stupid.

See:

Electric boats / Sharks

Humans / Batteries

Windmills / Cancer

Nukes / Hurricanes

Viruses / Belach

....and many more....

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Elvis served in the military when drafted (though obviously not in combat).  Dotard got his daddy to give him a doctor's note because his fat ass would be too delicate for military duties 

10 minutes ago, Gator said:

Still more real than Kamala.. Which accent and lies will she use and tell today?

You're falling for the authenticity fallacy. Trump appears consistent to you, and based on your fear based comments, a safer choice.

You are getting bullshitted my friend. All trump cares about is your vote or your wallet, if you can't provide one or the other he'd curb you in a heartbeat.

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah. The only think "real" about Donald Trump is that he's real stupid.

See:

Electric boats / Sharks

Humans / Batteries

Windmills / Cancer

Nukes / Hurricanes

Viruses / Belach

....and many more....

It's why I call Gator a Dem plant. Doing a diligent job of reminding everyone of absolute nonsense. 

He has to know calling Trump an honest person is laughable on a massive level. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Elvis served in the military when drafted (though obviously not in combat).  Dotard got his daddy to give him a doctor's note because his fat ass would be too delicate for military duties 

So, you're saying my comparison wasn't perfect?

Guilty as charged....:classic_sleep:

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Gator said:

I mean if you ignore the gaslighting you might be onto something.. Yall ignore the obvious bias towards Harris as much as most of us would ignore bad officiating in favor of the Canucks.

Still believe Harris should have been fact checked several times and wasn't, but you'll claim a bunch of BS ticky tacky stuff.. So to save the ridiculous beating around the bush I'll just call it "rigged with extreme gaslighting"

Harris won the debate, sure.. But its hard to win a 1v3 in anything.. Tbh I think Trump won, because to me it just helped the people see how 1 sided the mainstream is for a candidate.. And these days people are pushing back against the mainstream BS.. Showing obvious bias like they did is only winning over young voters for Trump imo.

You can keep your blinders on or atleast pretend to all you want. You can't really believe that debate was fair for Trump in the slightest, and if you do you really need to take those glasses off my friend. Or maybe put them on? lol

My favourite take from you is how you claim Harris wasn't fact checked.  She was, she just didn't lie like Trump.

But you think trump was unfairly fact checked, but he wasn't he just lied more.  He repeates and repeated the same lies so often the mods and people were ready for him and knew what he was going to lie about

And how anyone who disagrees is a biased lefty.

but you ignore the fact that trump also claims he won and that the crowd loved him, the crowd said he won.

There was no crowd at the debate.  At all.

But yes, Harris wasn't fact checked, stick to that

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1