US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

11 hours ago, Satchmo said:

That's the one debate statement she was fact checked on.  It's a false statement.  She could have said since the 2008 mortgage crisis and been correct.

So, she was fact checked on it.  What is it that you are arguing about again?

MAGA Republicans are extremely poor losers. Instead of taking Trumps resounding loss on the debate stage and trying to make a it a learning  experience, they go on and on about how the debate was somehow rigged.  

This is no different than the 2020 election, which was also somehow rigged. This party is so fragile that every small setback elicits the airing of the grievances. Does MAGA have a platform? Who knows? 

As hockey fans, we don’t accept excuses when our beloved Canucks lose. Those normal standards go out the window when discussing MAGA. It’s astonishing really. 

29 minutes ago, Gator said:

Still more real than Kamala.. Which accent and lies will she use and tell today?

Politicians change their accent depending where they are all the time. This is especially true for people of color that use different accent and tones depending if they are interacting with their own community of community at large. It is called coding. 

It is no different than you or me using a different tone at work than with friends and family. 

As for lies. I am just gonna leave politifact fact checking from the debate and let you make your own decision on it. 

https://www.politifact.com/article/2024/sep/11/2024-presidential-debate-fact-check-harris-trump/

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

It is no different than you or me using a different tone at work than with friends and family. 

"Tones" and completely faking accents are totally different things. We can agree to disagree though. If she was more authentic I'd probably be able to get on board a little bit.. But I can't do fake.. Just my personal opinion though. To each their own

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

but you ignore the fact that trump also claims he won and that the crowd loved him, the crowd said he won

What crowd? I don't watch his rallies if that's what youre referring too. I'm not a "MAGA Trumpster"... Its more I'm way against the fake and the lies, and the extremes the other side has went to (from my POV).. And the mainstream bias for her really doesn't help her either. To me they're doing her more harm than good with the bias

Edited by Gator

4 minutes ago, Gator said:

What crowd? I don't watch his rallies if that's what youre referring too. I'm not a "MAGA Trumpster"... Its more I'm way against the fake and the lies, and the extremes the other side has went to (from my POV).. And the mainstream bias for her really doesn't help her either. To me they're doing her more harm than good with the bias

Your endless and endlessly debunked claims around the debate.  not his rallies

• Thanks 1

Serious question though.. If Trump loses how many more times is he going to be the republican candidate? lol.. Maybe it's best to get his last 4 over with now for the haters? lol

I'm sure he will have his MAGA crowd in 4 years too. Atleast he can use the 4 years to ease tensions in the middle east, and then he can't run anymore. Win/win for all, no? 😅

8 minutes ago, Gator said:

The "crowd" he claims went crazy at the debate because of fact-checking. (Fact-check: There was no crowd) So he's either lying or delusional. You choose which is better

11 hours ago, EastCoastExpress said:

yes. the mainstream was actually Christianity and it was used to separate and isolate Jews over a period of 10 years or so.

By the time Hitler took power everyone was willing to point out the Jews and have a feast.

Are the Republicans next?

Only the ones that look like Haitians. 

1 minute ago, Gator said:

Serious question though.. If Trump loses how many more times is he going to be the republican candidate? lol.. Maybe it's best to get his last 4 over with now for the haters? lol

I'm sure he will have his MAGA crowd in 4 years too. Atleast he can use the 4 years to ease tensions in the middle east, and then he can't run anymore. Win/win for all, no? 😅

Don't stress, you might be able to follow a coked up Don Jr for many years to come. 

Hes an authentic blow monkey.

48 minutes ago, Gator said:

But like I said many times he atleast seems real. 

I'd prefer someone be an honest ass hole that a fake "good guy".. atleast I'm getting the truth from the honest one

Here is the trouble with this statement........

TRUMP IS NOT HONEST!

@Gator You remind me of the Homer Simpson GIF

bart simpson is sitting at a podium giving a speech while a man stands behind him and says mewtu

You remind me of George Chuvalo, he took a punch well, and almost never dropped to his knees. I actually think he was never knocked out........

Which pretty much describes you......

I don't know how you do it!

You have stamina, that is for sure!

11 hours ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Actually, I am a Canadian so I just see the "eye test" of what is happening in society right now, I dont like any of our political choices except maybe Green, or even the Bloc (I dont live in Quebec!!)

But thanks for letting me know I look like an ass, I just speak my mind. I may be wrong? I am actually scared I am correct and we are the next China. You all get a home, you all get groceries, you own nothing. You do as your told.

This is not my beautiful wife. This is not my beautifull home. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JIAHN said:

TRUMP IS NOT HONEST!

bart simpson is sitting at a podium giving a speech while a man stands behind him and says mewtu

You remind me of George Chuvalo, he took a punch well, and almost never dropped to his knees. I actually think he was never knocked out........

Trumpers mistake consistency for honesty.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

MSNBC is showing a Rachel Maddow doc 'from russia with lev' on Friday night. How the Trump admin sent him to Ukraine to find dirt on the Bidens. Trump was fearing running against Biden in '20 and this is the scheme he put out there.

12 minutes ago, Gator said:

Hopefully he'll be in prison or dead via McDonald's by the time 2028 comes along.

10 minutes ago, Gator said:

Atleast he can use the 4 years to ease tensions in the middle east, 

Yes he SURE did a great job of doing that while in office.  None of what he did regarding Israel or Iran possibly helped set the stage for what happened in October at all

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42250340

Saudi Arabia's King Salman told Mr Trump by telephone on Tuesday that the relocation of the embassy or recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital "would constitute a flagrant provocation of Muslims, all over the world".

On Thursday, a Saudi royal court statement called Mr Trump's decision "unjustified and irresponsible".

"The US move represents a significant decline in efforts to push a peace process and is a violation of the historically neutral American position on Jerusalem."

Those views were echoed by Egypt's President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi, who warned against "complicating the situation in the region by introducing measures that would undermine chances for peace in the Middle East".

The Arab League called it "a dangerous measure that would have repercussions" across the region, and also questioned the future role of the US as a "trusted mediator" in peace talks.

Iran said the decision risked a "new intifada", or uprising. Its foreign ministry said the US had clearly violated international resolutions.

Meanwhile, Jordan's King Abdullah called for joint efforts to "deal with the ramifications of this decision" and a Jordanian government spokesman said Mr Trump was violating international law and the UN charter.

Lebanon's President Michel Aoun said the peace process would be set back decades, while Qatar's Foreign MinisterSheikh Mohammed bin Abdul Rahman Al Thani said the move was "a death sentence for all who seek peace".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-audience-harris-debate-gutfeld-b2615455.html

“Taking such a step is tantamount to throwing the region into a ring of fire. Hey Trump, what are you trying to do? What kind of an approach is that? Political leaders are supposed to work to bring peace, not stir things up. Now, Mr. Trump’s remarks are aimed at stirring things up, not bringing peace.”

"I even requested to talk to the Pope. I will speak with him tonight or tomorrow morning, because Al-Quds is also a sanctuary of Christians and I need to talk to him about this matter.”

"Regarding the US President Trump’s decision, I will speak with President Putin of the Russian Federation, as well as leaders of Germany, the UK, France, Spain.”

Just now, Bob Long said:

Trumpers mistake consistency for honesty.

The trouble with most Trumpers is they lack critical thinking skills.

IMO, Jimmy, my dislike is not with the Republican party itself, but with Trump and his power brokers. All the moderates know what is going on is wrong, but they are making alot of money off of Trump and his BS, and there is a 50/50 chance, they might make a heap more!

The problem is with reality, and the fact that the USA is getting browner. It scares the hell out of the white, bible belt, as many of immigrants are not Christian, and the Christian's  see their way of life evaporating. The trouble is with that fear, although maybe partially right, is that Trump's conduct, and their own support of him, is eroding Christian beliefs, faster than the immigrants are.

Again, this is a lack of critical thinking problem

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

TRUMP IS NOT HONEST!

I've stated that both sides lie. It's politics.. But his persona is real, as to me Kamala is a different person depending on the crowd she's talking to.. It's the fake I can't stand on the personal level.. Atleast don't make the BS so obvious lol

The media bias is just icing on the cake for me. Trump isnt conving me of anything. Other than his stance on the war I really could care less about him. I just lost completely trust and faith in the other side. It's really quite that simple, and I know I'm not alone even though it seems it on the "left" dominant forum lol. 

I know some don't like the term "left" but it's simply what it is. I feel a lot of you misinterpret my vouching for Trump as loving the man and disregarding all the bad about him. May seem that way I suppose when I'm trying to vouch for him, but I can't begin to tell you how far from the truth it is.. They always say it's voting between the less of 2 events, and I think this election is truly that.. And to me I feel Trump is the lesser of 2 evils. Your side convinced me of that, not Trump

2 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

The trouble with most Trumpers is they lack critical thinking skills.

IMO, Jimmy, my dislike is not with the Republican party itself, but with Trump and his power brokers. All the moderates know what is going on is wrong, but they are making alot of money off of Trump and his BS, and there is a 50/50 chance, they might make a heap more!

The problem is with reality, and the fact that the USA is getting browner. It scares the hell out of the white, bible belt, as many of immigrants are not Christian, and the Christian's  see their way of life evaporating. The trouble is with that fear, although maybe partially right, is that Trump's conduct, and their own support of him, is eroding Christian beliefs, faster than the immigrants are.

Again, this is a lack of critical thinking problem

Nailed it J. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

I've stated that both sides lie. It's politics.. But his persona is real, as to me Kamala is a different person depending on the crowd she's talking to.. It's the fake I can't stand on the personal level.. Atleast don't make the BS so obvious lol

The media bias is just icing on the cake for me. Trump isnt conving me of anything. Other than his stance on the war I really could care less about him. I just lost completely trust and faith in the other side. It's really quite that simple, and I know I'm not alone even though it seems it on the "left" dominant forum lol. 

I know some don't like the term "left" but it's simply what it is. I feel a lot of you misinterpret my vouching for Trump as loving the man and disregarding all the bad about him. May seem that way I suppose when I'm trying to vouch for him, but I can't begin to tell you how far from the truth it is.. They always say it's voting between the less of 2 events, and I think this election is truly that.. And to me I feel Trump is the lesser of 2 evils. Your side convinced me of that, not Trump

Gator....his persona is not real, buddy! It is a friggin cartoon! And if by some chance it is real, do you know anyone else in this entire world that acts and talks like that? I mean really?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

You've fallen for a grifter. His persona isn't "real" is a fucking act. 

• ThereItIs 2

This statement also reminds me of the sewer guy that, has a pail and mop.................

The mop and pail is for a little bit of shit that is spilt, during the process, not for a hose rupture!

We have all cleaned up a little shit.....that is acceptable........but Trump isn't spewing out just a little shit! It's a fkn eruption!

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

This statement also reminds me of the sewer guy that, has a pail and mop.................

The mop and pail is for a little bit of shit that is spilt, during the process, not for a hose rupture!

We have all cleaned up a little shit.....that is acceptable........but Trump isn't spewing out just a little shit! It's a fkn eruption!

This thread reminds me that sometimes people do actually fall for pyramid schemes.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1