US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, Gator said:

I believe this video perfectly sums up why people hate Trump, and why people want Trump in office.. Sure he's a scumbag, but he nails it on the head with the "politically correct" statement. Today everybody is too "fake/politically correct".. It's not authentic and to me it's very phony and untrustworthy. How am I suppose to trust people that don't have faith in their own views? If you have to fake it to make it I don't want you there

Politically correct?  I'm just Canadian.  I try to be polite (though I don't always succeed).

1 minute ago, Gator said:

(1) There was a bomb threat at a school in Cape Breton a few months back. Trump at fault for that 1?

People have been calling in bomb threats to schools and work places for years to get a day off. Idk why lol, but it happens. 

Better yet. Explain this to me please....

(2) Trump says the people are eating pets.. People call in bomb threats to schools and you link those together and blame Trump.

(3) Biden says "we got to put Trump in the cross hair" and 2 weeks later someone quite literally does and we almost witnessed an exploding head on live TV.. Yet somehow that's not all over the news blaming Biden and the media for their dictator rhetoric.

(4) All your doing with the blaming Trump for those bombings is proving my point lol. The bias is so incredibly evident, yet you just willingly turn a blind eye to it. It truly baffles me

(1) I'll try to attack the post and not the poster.  That post is a bit silly and quite the stretch.  

(2) Yes, I do see a direct relation between the two events.

At least 33 bomb threats have been made in Springfield, Ohio, since false claims — which were pushed by former President Donald Trump and his running mate — surfaced about Haitian migrants’ eating people’s pets, the governor said.

I'm afraid I have not been able to find out how many bomb threats have been made in Springfield in the years before Vance and Trump spoke about people eating cats.  Probably hundreds of them wouldn't you think?  Or is that a biased opinion?  Should we go with thousands?  Hard to tell because mainstream media won't even discuss Springfield's sordid history of bomb threats.

(3)  We've discussed Biden's comment ad nauseum.  I'm sorry you've forgotten.  Feel free to look back on previous posts.

(4) See (2).

21 minutes ago, Gator said:

There was a bomb threat at a school in Cape Breton a few months back. Trump at fault for that 1?

People have been calling in bomb threats to schools and work places for years to get a day off. Idk why lol, but it happens. 

Better yet. Explain this to me please....

Trump says the people are eating pets.. People call in bomb threats to schools and you link those together and blame Trump.

Biden says "we got to put Trump in the cross hair" and 2 weeks later someone quite literally does and we almost witnessed an exploding head on live TV.. Yet somehow that's not all over the news blaming Biden and the media for their dictator rhetoric.

All your doing with the blaming Trump for those bombings is proving my point lol. The bias is so incredibly evident, yet you just willingly turn a blind eye to it. It truly baffles me

That's your argument? Bomb threats happen in other places? Really? :classic_huh: :classic_wacko:

These threat happened in Springfield, Ohio.....right after Trump and Vance spread the lie about Haitian immigrants.

Of course those two lying assholes are responsible. I can't believe anyone, even you, would try and refute that. :picard:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Gator said:

I believe this video perfectly sums up why people hate Trump, and why people want Trump in office.. Sure he's a scumbag, but he nails it on the head with the "politically correct" statement. Today everybody is too "fake/politically correct".. It's not authentic and to me it's very phony and untrustworthy. How am I suppose to trust people that don't have faith in their own views? If you have to fake it to make it I don't want you there

This .

Why people support Trump ,

and why some,

possibly like yourself being in this thread ,

Continue onward arguing for him or what he “stands” for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Sounds like that jack ass Lt. Gonvernor in NC is gonna abort his camapign in the third trimester. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs17.com/news/north-carolina-news/lt-gov-mark-robinson-under-pressure-to-drop-out-of-nc-gubernatorial-race/amp/

Not sure how this gonna work with ballots going out tomorrow. NC gop may pull some voter suppression shannigans with this one. 

Keep an eye out for this.

29 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

(1) I'll try to attack the post and not the poster.  That post is a bit silly and quite the stretch.  

(2) Yes, I do see a direct relation between the two events.

At least 33 bomb threats have been made in Springfield, Ohio, since false claims — which were pushed by former President Donald Trump and his running mate — surfaced about Haitian migrants’ eating people’s pets, the governor said.

I'm afraid I have not been able to find out how many bomb threats have been made in Springfield in the years before Vance and Trump spoke about people eating cats.  Probably hundreds of them wouldn't you think?  Or is that a biased opinion?  Should we go with thousands?  Hard to tell because mainstream media won't even discuss Springfield's sordid history of bomb threats.

(3)  We've discussed Biden's comment ad nauseum.  I'm sorry you've forgotten.  Feel free to look back on previous posts.

(4) See (2).

This is exactly why I can't take you serious lol.

For your #2, please refer to your last sentence of #1.. You're creating a false extreme narrative which completely exemplifies why I lost all faith in the left which I for 95% of my life was all for.. Somehow Trump (though he got specifics wrong) raises a point of pets being eaten/killed.. There's news articles. Whether they have been debunked since is irrelevant. They were in the news and that's very clearly what he was referring to was the news reports before things got "debunked".. so because some low life's go calling in bomb threats you spin that around and label it "Trumps fault"

That brings me to number 3.. So you so extremely stretch eating pets comment to blaming Trump for people calling in bomb threats, but see absolutely nothing wrong with Bidens comments leading to an assassination attempt? Whether out of context or not they are some VERY strong words and a very poor choice I may add to use against a highly scrutinized political figure like Trump.

Your view on point 2 and point 3 is exactly why I can't take you serious. Atleast I'm willing to admit Trumps missing as I see them.. You haven't once acknowledged any wrong doing with your side as if they're perfect lol. Gimme a break dude.. Don't waste your time responding because I'm literally not reading any more of your posts on this topic lol. Like I said, I just can't take you serious. You're not even in the slightest open to seeing anything bad in your side so it's pointless to have a political discussion with you

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Like this is the type of media shit I'm talking about.. Like are they endorsing Kamala or Trump? Because they do a very good job convincing me to vote Trump with this crap lol

Trump is a lot of bad things I'll give you that, but to me is he really bad, or have I just fell victim to believing some of the BS from the media blowing things way out of proportion?.. Like as soon as he started to make a point she tried interrupting him and changing the topic 🤦

You NEVER see that crap when a mainstream media outlets is interviewing Kamala or Biden. That bias is playing right into Trumps hands imo.. Maybe that's why I've become blind to the things you guys see about Trump. It's just become too hard for me to believe it when the media clearly has their head up Kamal's butt

Sure

Totally non biased.  TOTALLY not agenda driven and totally not taken WAY out of context.

But Main Stream Media Bias am I right.

Meanwhile on the rubin reports channel which is TOTALLY unbiased and not agenda driven at all.

Cough, umm your uh, your confirmation bias is showing

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.16.37 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 11.17.54 AM.png

43 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

That's your argument? Bomb threats happen in other places? Really? :classic_huh: :classic_wacko:

These threat happened in Springfield, Ohio.....right after Trump and Vance spread the lie about Haitian immigrants.

Of course those two lying assholes are responsible. I can't believe anyone, even you, would try and refute that. :picard:

Ok and Trump got shot at 2 weeks after Biden said

"We gotta put Trump in a bullseye"

Threats vs actually bullet to a president's head.. Very strong choice of words that lead to quite literally that vs exaggerated pet eating story that had nothing to do with bombs

I mean you guys ain't really doing yourself any justice with the contradictions of your views

Edited by Gator

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

Threats vs actually bullet to a president's head.. Very strong choice of words vs exaggerated pet eating story that had nothing to do with bombs

I mean you guys ain't really doing yourself any justice with the contradictions of your views

Have you ever considered that it might be the fact that Trump is obviously insane and that many people understand that the world will be better off once he stops wasting oxygen?  Maybe if Trump was able to act like a reasonable facsimile of a human being, people wouldn't feel the need to exterminate him?  I don't think that shooting him is the right solution, but I can understand why someone would.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2

Straight from the horse's ass mouth, Faux News:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/over-hundred-more-republicans-from-past-gop-administrations-come-out-harris-against-trump

More than 100 former Republican officials, mostly those who worked in national security or previously in various GOP presidential administrations, have penned a letter endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris and warning about the dangers of a potential second Trump administration.

"We appreciate that many Republicans prefer Donald Trump to Kamala Harris, for a variety of reasons. We recognize and do not disparage their potential concerns," the letter released Wednesday reads. "But any potential concerns pale in comparison to Donald Trump's demonstrated chaotic and unethical behavior and disregard for our Republic's time-tested principles of constitutional governance."

The signatories insisted in their letter that when it comes to diplomacy, the former president's "unpredictable nature is not the negotiating virtue he extols." It added that Trump's demeanor "invites equally erratic behavior from our adversaries, which irresponsibly threatens reckless and dangerous global consequences."

More in the link....

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This .

Why people support Trump ,

and why some,

possibly like yourself being in this thread ,

Continue onward arguing for him or what he “stands” for.

MAGA Garanimals! 🤣

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

Threats vs actually bullet to a president's head.. Very strong choice of words that lead to quite literally that vs exaggerated pet eating story that had nothing to do with bombs

I said nothing about the Trump shooting, so I'm contradicting nothing. I merely commented on your ridiculous claim that the Springfield bomb threats were not connected to Trump and Vance's words....

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Have you ever considered that it might be the fact that Trump is obviously insane and that many people understand that the world will be better off once he stops wasting oxygen?  Maybe if Trump was able to act like a reasonable facsimile of a human being, people wouldn't feel the need to exterminate him?

If I'm being honest, I'm a bit surprised that there haven't been a slew of attempts against him over the years, but I believe the incel kid was just trying to go out in a blaze of glory and Bone Spurs was a convenient target....

5 minutes ago, Gator said:

You keep going on about the bullseye comment.

Here is the thing bud.  Only ONE guy apologized for their comments while the other doubled and tripled down on theirs.

Even YOU have been doubling and tripling down defending Team TRUMP and their lies about the pets comment during the debate.  

So one guy did something to turn down the rhetoric, and the other kept throwing gas on the fire.  Even now, Team MAGA still is trying to defend TRUMP.  Throwing gas on the fire.  Making it hard for those LEGAL immigrants trying to live in Springfield.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cd1rzde0n4do

Biden admits Trump 'bullseye' comments a mistake

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Gator said:

This is exactly why I can't take you serious lol.

For your #2, please refer to your last sentence of #1.. You're creating a false extreme narrative which completely exemplifies why I lost all faith in the left which I for 95% of my life was all for.. Somehow Trump (though he got specifics wrong) raises a point of pets being eaten/killed.. There's news articles. Whether they have been debunked since is irrelevant. They were in the news and that's very clearly what he was referring to was the news reports before things got "debunked".. so because some low life's go calling in bomb threats you spin that around and label it "Trumps fault"

That brings me to number 3.. So you so extremely stretch eating pets comment to blaming Trump for people calling in bomb threats, but see absolutely nothing wrong with Bidens comments leading to an assassination attempt? Whether out of context or not they are some VERY strong words and a very poor choice I may add to use against a highly scrutinized political figure like Trump.

Your view on point 2 and point 3 is exactly why I can't take you serious. Atleast I'm willing to admit Trumps missing as I see them.. You haven't once acknowledged any wrong doing with your side as if they're perfect lol. Gimme a break dude.. Don't waste your time responding because I'm literally not reading any more of your posts on this topic lol. Like I said, I just can't take you serious. You're not even in the slightest open to seeing anything bad in your side so it's pointless to have a political discussion with you

Your hand waving and washing away of anything you disagree with should be a case study of some kind. 

No bomb threats -> JD Vance and Trump start spreading rumors, since debunked (and never vetted as should be their responsibility as leaders) -> threats, kkk posters, etc in a quiet small town in Ohio nobody had heard about before

Without JD and Trump, nobody would be talking about Springfield, nobody would be sending bomb threats, etc

It's pretty straightforward.

You can play the ifs and buts game but it's quite clear cut, unfortunately for the people of Springfield who've had to endure all this drama because of politicians who don't care about anyone other than themselves.

Proper vetting is the responsibility of leaders. If you bring up a point, especially one as damaging as eating pets, and targeting a minority group, it better be ironclad.

Otherwise you just come out looking like evil fools.

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Have you ever considered that it might be the fact that Trump is obviously insane and that many people understand that the world will be better off once he stops wasting oxygen?  Maybe if Trump was able to act like a reasonable facsimile of a human being, people wouldn't feel the need to exterminate him?  I don't think that shooting him is the right solution, but I can understand why someone would.

If you guys were just SLIGHTLY open minded you may have a chance to sway my thinking, but the close mindedness basically just confirms how brainwashed the left has become. There's no willingness to see the other side.. At all lol.. And that extends WAY beyond just the Trump topic

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Gator said:

Threats vs actually bullet to a president's head.. Very strong choice of words vs exaggerated pet eating story that had nothing to do with bombs

I'm not going to comment on the second attempt at Trump's life.  Too soon to know much about it really.  We can speculate all we want but none of us know enough to make any real claims as to what this apparently mentally unbalanced man's motive was.  Apparently he's not talking.  He'll be back in court in 4 days.  Maybe he'll speak then.

As for the first attempt we know this young man made internet searches concerning 'severe depression' and the whereabouts of BOTH Biden and Trump.  Then this loner learns Trumps is coming to a rally just minutes from his home.  Sounds like a textbook 'crime of opportunity'. He was out to become both famous and dead and seems to have accomplished both objectives.

You are not really doing yourself any justice with the contradictions of your views.  On one hand Trump's comments have nothing to do with Springfield bomb threats yet on the other Biden's comment has everything to do with Trump's assassination attempts.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Gator said:

If you guys were just SLIGHTLY open minded you may have a chance to sway my thinking, but the close mindedness basically just confirms how brainwashed the left has become. There's no willingness to see the other side.. At all lol.. And that extends WAY beyond just the Trump topic

Why should we be willing, at all even, to see the other side when:

They want mass deportations.

They are anti-LGBTQ.

The bitch about diversity, equity, and inclusion.

They push anti-abortion legislation, even with little to no exceptions.

They claim, to this day, that the 2020 election was stolen and hint that they won't accept the results if TRUMP loses.

They tried to overturn the will of the people on Jan. 6th.

I can go on.  I can EASILY provide multiple sources, videos, audio, images backing up each of my claims.  EASILY.  Can you?  I mean outside some grifter YouTube creators opinion piece.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gator said:

Why would I be open to giving the benefit of the doubt to once of the biggest pieces of shit on the planet?  Trump has done more than enough to prove that he is unfit to be outside of a mental institution over the course of his worthless excuse for a life.  At this point, there's nothing that Nazi sack of shit that can do that would be of benefit to humanity other than finally get a heart attack from a baconator.

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Why should we be willing, at all even, to see the other side when:

They want mass deportations.

They are anti-LGBTQ.

The bitch about diversity, equity, and inclusion.

They push anti-abortion legislation, even with little to no exceptions.

They claim, to this day, that the 2020 election was stolen and hint that they won't accept the results if TRUMP loses.

They tried to overturn the will of the people on Jan. 6th.

I can go on.  I can EASILY provide multiple sources, videos, audio, images backing up each of my claims.  EASILY.  Can you?  I mean outside some grifter YouTube creators opinion piece.

People ain't entitled to opinions? That's a scary reality with the left. Censorship. Thats not "freedom"

That first part COMPLETELY sums up why I've slowly been shifting right.. 

im pro vaccine

I'm all for the LGBTQ movement

But others are entitled to their beliefs too. You guys need to understand that

As for abortion Trump is for the extremes .. So "Little to exceptions" is a stretch

11 minutes ago, Gator said:

They're so brainwashed they don't even look at policies. That's the Biden and Harris camps whole strategy. Let's just make everyone focus on hating Trump and they won't look at our horrible policies. Doesn't matter how corrupt they are, as long as Trump is the guy on the republican side they can get away with whatever they want. The best part is they aren't even trying to hide shit and the people still don't care. They're solely focused on Trump the person. 

https://thefederalist.com/2024/09/19/biden-harris-hid-info-on-suspected-terrorists-crossing-the-border-from-the-public-former-border-agent-claims/

This right here will prove my point, the left wont see anything wrong with this and their comeback will be Trump has done way worse and sweep it under the rug like it isn't relevant. SICK!

• Cheers 1

Possibly the most racist governor in America (although there's some stiff competition) Greg Aboott just showed that in addition to lacking morals, compassion and decency....he also lacks the ability to read a map:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/which-mexico-are-you-new-mexico-furious-after-texas-installs-razor-wire-along-its-border/ar-AA1qQWqQ?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d2243b415f434a519b26df9a575a78cc&ei=28

Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced on September 14 that his state would be “TRIPLING our razor wire border barriers to deny illegal entry into our state and our country.” However, rather than installing the razor wire along the Rio Grande river bank that faces Mexico, KTSM on Tuesday captured footage of Texas Army National Guard troops installing it along a bank that faces New Mexico.

This newly-laid barrier extends from West Paisano Drive to the Texas side of the Anapra, New Mexico, according to the outlet.

image.gif.c34e81c92c1dcb73cba44ee8612ead14.gif

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

People ain't entitled to opinions? That's a scary reality with the left. Censorship. Thats not "freedom"

That first part COMPLETELY sums up why I've slowly been shifting right.. 

im pro vaccine

I'm all for the LGBTQ movement

But others are entitled to their beliefs too. You guys need to understand that

As for abortion Trump is for the extremes .. So "Little to exceptions" is a stretch

When their beliefs amount to supporting crimes against humanity, you bet they aren't entitled to have a way in how their country is ran.

15 hours ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Why is this not considered a hate crime? How can you people all support and laugh with each other talking about a person's life? Agree or disagree with someone, fine. But talking about supporting any human's murder is horrible. You should be ashamed.

It seems acceptable with the Left. and even, Celebrated. Good on ya

Because a hate crime is targeted towards a certain group of people based on race, religion, sexual orientation etc. This is one man, based on his actions and words, and a joke...get over yourself Capt HIghhorse and find a sense of humor. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1