US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

On 11/2/2023 at 3:06 PM, MightyCPC said:

What's unbelievable is the sudden interest of our intellignece agencies in protecting banks from themselves, if this about trump's real estate valuations.

Sudden? You don't think corporations have been sued for fraud before? :classic_huh:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

🤣

No kid..I grew up using the word Trump for the word fart.

It's a English slang thing. So when I first heard his name I wondered how anyone could take him seriously. Then called myslef out for being childish....then over time realised, nope he is in fact...stinky, gross, hot air. 

https://allanishac.medium.com/in-england-trump-means-fart-and-other-amusing-translations-of-the-presidents-surname-d8ae74f64797

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Mark Meadows’ Publisher Sues Him for Millions Over Election Lies in Book

The publisher of Mark Meadows’ book The Chief’s Chief has filed suit against the former White House chief of staff seeking millions in damages after he reportedly copped to lying in the book about the 2020 election being “rigged” and “stolen.”

Meadows reportedly met repeatedly with Jack Smith’s team in its investigation into election interference and had admitted the 2020 election was the most secure in U.S. history—contradicting much of what he’d claimed in his book and allegedly breaking his agreement with the publisher.

“Meadows’ reported statements to the Special Prosecutor and/or his staff [sic] and his reported grand jury testimony squarely contradict the statements in his Book, one central theme of which is that President Trump was the true winner of the 2020 Presidential Election and that election was ‘stolen’ and ‘rigged’ with the help from ‘allies in the liberal media,’ who ignored actual evidence of fraud, right there in plain sight for anyone to access and analyze,” the lawsuit from All Seasons Press states.

ABC News, citing unnamed sources, reported that Meadows negotiated an immunity agreement with the special counsel’s office and in the process admitted to his lies about the 2020 election. Meadows’ lawyer later disputed the accuracy of the report.

Meadows also faces charges of violating Georgia’s RICO Act in a separate investigation into his alleged efforts to keep Trump in power.

Meadows signed the book agreement with True Road Books just three days after the Jan. 6 insurrection, according to the lawsuit filed in Sarasota County, Florida, before the publishing rights were transferred to All Seasons Press—a publisher focused on conservative authors and business leaders.

The lawsuit claims that Meadows agreed that “all statements contained in the Work are true and based on reasonable research for accuracy,” and that he claimed to have “not made any misrepresentations to the Publisher about the Work.”

The book weighs heavily on Meadows’ claims that the election was “rigged” —debunked claims that All Seasons Press was happy to run at the time, but that now come under renewed scrutiny with Meadows’ reported admission that he propagated falsehoods.

One chapter opens with the all-caps declaration that: “I KNEW HE DIDN’T LOSE.” Now, All Seasons Press claims Meadows violated his agreement with the publisher following ABC’s report, and is seeking millions in damages.

The suit seeks more than $1 million in damages for lost profits, over $1 million in incidental damages including hits to the publisher’s reputation, over $600,000 in out-of-pocket damages, the $350,000 paid to Meadows for the book, and attorney’s fees.

The publisher said in the suit it has heard nothing from Meadows about the possible immunity deal, nor had it attempted to contact the special prosecutor for fear of interfering with the investigation.

Being a dbag is expensive.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, MightyCPC said:

I "know" that anyone who thinks they "know" if the election was fraudulent or not, is mistaken .

Um... You might want to re-read that statement. Anyone who "knows" the election was fraudulent is mistaken, and anyone who "knows" the election was not fraudulent is also mistaken. You have just said the election was fraudulent and not fraudulent at the same time.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

No kid..I grew up using the word Trump for the word fart.

It's a English slang thing. So when I first heard his name I wondered how anyone could take him seriously. Then called myslef out for being childish....then over time realised, nope he is in fact...stinky, gross, hot air. 

https://allanishac.medium.com/in-england-trump-means-fart-and-other-amusing-translations-of-the-presidents-surname-d8ae74f64797

🤣

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

If you think all this anti-LGBTQ rhetoric doesn't have consequences, think again.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-mayor-bubba-copeland-kills-self-after-right-wing-1819-news-outs-his-cross-dressing

Alabama Mayor Kills Self After Right-Wing Blog Outs His Cross-Dressing

• Sad 7

5 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Claims He Invented ‘Caravans’ During Vicious Rant About Immigrants — ‘Many of Them’ From ‘Parts of Africa’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-claims-he-invented-caravans-during-vicious-rant-about-immigrants-many-of-them-from-parts-of-africa/

Gad, I wish he'd just slither back under the rock he crawled out from. And then United Concrete dumps a load of freshly turned cement all over top of said rock.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Gad, I wish he'd just slither back under the rock he crawled out from. And then United Concrete dumps a load of freshly turned cement all over top of said rock.

I'd rather he gets hit with spontaneous combustion while at one of his rallies so we have the footage forever. 

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

If you think all this anti-LGBTQ rhetoric doesn't have consequences, think again.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-mayor-bubba-copeland-kills-self-after-right-wing-1819-news-outs-his-cross-dressing

Alabama Mayor Kills Self After Right-Wing Blog Outs His Cross-Dressing

The alt-right probably thinks this is funny. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Calls Chris Christie ‘A Fat Pig’ At Florida Freedom Conference: ‘I Heard They Booed Him Off The Stage’

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-calls-chris-christie-a-fat-pig-at-florida-freedom-conference-i-heard-they-booed-him-off-the-stage/

They must give Trump fun house mirrors to look in.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

I'd rather he gets hit with spontaneous combustion while at one of his rallies so we have the footage forever. 

😄😄😁

I absolutely concur!!

(I had stated my wish for his spontaneous combustion on the TwitX but got suspended for it so was trying to be circumspect by default!! Who knew that wishing 'spontaneous combustion' on someone for lying as another way of saying "liar, liar, pants on fire" was 'violent behavior'? 😎)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Drops an Absolute Whopper During Florida Speech: ‘You’d Have Millions of People Alive Right Now’ if the 2020 Election ‘Wasn’t Rigged’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-drops-an-absolute-whopper-during-florida-speech-youd-have-millions-of-people-alive-right-now-if-the-2020-election-wasnt-rigged/

He is just a nasty, nasty POS

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

29 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I'm with Bob...has the corpulent and porcine slug looked in a mirror lately or do his servants just paste cardboard cutouts of Donnie in his 30s upon every mirror he may come across?

The world is fortunate Biden beat Trump in 2020. And (IMHAO) Biden will beat Trump (if he is the Republican nominee) again in 2024. 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The world is fortunate Biden beat Trump in 2020. And (IMHAO) Biden will beat Trump (if he is the Republican nominee) again in 2024. 

I'm rooting for Biden but tough to pin the world's hopes on an 80+ year old Candidate. I'm hoping his VP choice is a good one.

• Cheers 1