US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Gator said:

I've posted anti Trump memes and anti Harris memes.. The left has selective humor lol

Apparently the right does as well.  (If I am the left (all of it) and you are the right (all of it) I mean.)

1 hour ago, Gator said:

People ain't entitled to opinions? That's a scary reality with the left. Censorship. Thats not "freedom"

That first part COMPLETELY sums up why I've slowly been shifting right.. 

im pro vaccine

I'm all for the LGBTQ movement

But others are entitled to their beliefs too. You guys need to understand that

As for abortion Trump is for the extremes .. So "Little to exceptions" is a stretch

People are very much entitled to opinions. I am also entitled to think they are racist misogynistic transphobes if those are the opinions they put forth. 

So if you want to hitch on to the party that is still acting that way, then I don't care what you keep saying, because actions are louder than words and voting for someone who promotes all of those things that you keep saying are abhorrent is the same as validating those abhorrent beliefs.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

When asked to respond to those facts, I would speculate Foxx might offer up an excuse:  "my fault, they all look alike & I confused him with somebody else".

Foxx News....

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

That's my unbiased opinion. My two faves are Freddie and Steve Perry.....

Natalie Maines has a voice that's cuts through anything, imo and Emmylou Harris might have the most soulful, melodic voice ever

Just now, stawns said:

Natalie Maines has a voice that's cuts through anything, imo and Emmylou Harris might have the most soulful, melodic voice ever

Both awesome, but when you venture into country, it all starts with Allison Krauss for me....

Speaking of Emmylou, go on Youtube and look up the song Emmylou by First Aid Kit. They're two sisters from Sweden, but you'd never know it to listen to them. Klara has a magnificent voice and their harmonies are pure magic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe-max said:

The other thing that I don't understand is why so many people plan to vote for him against their own interest. Trump doesn't care about the small man, he is big business, he is greed, he is corporate - why is he so popular among the rural, the poor? The only explanation I have so far is that people fall for his snake-oil-merchant style and lack knowledge/education to see through him, but I don't want to believe that the American public is that simple-minded, are they?

He's given them permission to say the quiet part out loud.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Both awesome, but when you venture into country, it all starts with Allison Krauss for me....

Speaking of Emmylou, go on Youtube and look up the song Emmylou by First Aid Kit. They're two sisters from Sweden, but you'd never know it to listen to them. Klara has a magnificent voice and their harmonies are pure magic.

I know who Heather McCartney wouldn't vote for:

🤢

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Obviously AK is amazing, and her work solo but especially with Roberts Plant is amazing.,.......but it's a mellower, subtle voice to me.  It's the fiddle that pushes her into the upper realm for me..... I'm a sucker for a fiddle

Seen that video several times, it's so great.

Emmylou singing Boulder to Birmingham on The Old Grey Whistle Test will bring even the most hardened person to tears....... especially when you know the backstory

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'd bet that's a top ten live performance of all time.  In Kelowna, they did 90 mins of their own material, then they got the Led out for an hour after that.

• Cheers 2