US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

Obviously AK is amazing, and her work solo but especially with Roberts Plant is amazing.,.......but it's a mellower, subtle voice to me.  It's the fiddle that pushes her into the upper realm for me..... I'm a sucker for a fiddle

Seen that video several times, it's so great.

Emmylou singing Boulder to Birmingham on The Old Grey Whistle Test will bring even the most hardened person to tears....... especially when you know the backstory

People will remember "Go to Sleep Little Baby" from the movie "O Brother, Where Art Thou".....that song included both Krauss and Harris, as well as Gillian Welch, who is another singer I'd recommend highly.

Her longtime collaborator, David Rawlings, is one of the most underrated guitarists ever and I'd encourage people to check out "I Want to Sing that Rock and Roll" and "I'll Fly Away".....

3 hours ago, Gator said:

People ain't entitled to opinions? That's a scary reality with the left. Censorship. Thats not "freedom"

That first part COMPLETELY sums up why I've slowly been shifting right.. 

im pro vaccine

I'm all for the LGBTQ movement

But others are entitled to their beliefs too. You guys need to understand that

As for abortion Trump is for the extremes .. So "Little to exceptions" is a stretch

If your beliefs ensure you eradicate an entire sect of the population because of who they love how they look or what they believe in where they come from or their skin colour and now even who they voted for

It's not a difference of opinion mate and their beliefs are fucking trash and not worth respecting 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

People will remember "Go to Sleep Little Baby" from the movie "O Brother, Where Art Thou".....that song included both Krauss and Harris, as well as Gillian Welch, who is another singer I'd recommend highly.

Her longtime collaborator, David Rawlings, is one of the most underrated guitarists ever and I'd encourage people to check out "I Want to Sing that Rock and Roll" and "I'll Fly Away".....

Their best collaboration, imo, was with one of my top 10 band......Old Crow Medicine Show, covering The Weight, by my #1 band of all time.......The Band!

https://youtu.be/zXf-SuBbJa0?si=FH1AmdxtHP7Wqz1b

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Gator said:

Like this is the type of media shit I'm talking about.. Like are they endorsing Kamala or Trump? Because they do a very good job convincing me to vote Trump with this crap lol

Trump is a lot of bad things I'll give you that, but to me is he really bad, or have I just fell victim to believing some of the BS from the media blowing things way out of proportion?.. Like as soon as he started to make a point she tried interrupting him and changing the topic 🤦

You NEVER see that crap when a mainstream media outlets is interviewing Kamala or Biden. That bias is playing right into Trumps hands imo.. Maybe that's why I've become blind to the things you guys see about Trump. It's just become too hard for me to believe it when the media clearly has their head up Kamal's butt

Ah Dave Rubin, again, still waiting on the indictments to reveal all the influencers taking Russian money, but nice to see where you take your talking points from.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article291976560.html

A Miami-based media personality says he was the victim of a Russian “scheme” to influence the 2024 U.S. presidential election that is now the subject of a sprawling federal criminal case. The Justice Department announced charges on Wednesday against two Russian nationals working for RT, formerly known as Russia Today, over an alleged scheme to “covertly finance and direct” a Tennessee-based media company to push Russian interests online through roughly $10 million in payments – nearly 90% of the funds in the company’s accounts.

The indictment alleges, without charges, that the media company’s founders knew their benefactors were Russian and still failed to register as foreign agents, “as required by law.” But Dave Rubin, a political commentator in Miami who has recently championed conservative causes with the company, wrote on social media that he “knew absolutely nothing about any of this fraudulent activity.” Rubin is not named in the indictment. But his activity is consistent with the description of “Commentator-1,” who is listed in the indictment as a commentator having the same number of YouTube subscribers.

According to the indictment, Commentator-1 agreed to produce “four weekly videos that he would host and would be livestreamed by Tenet Media in exchange for $400,000 per month and a $100,000 signing bonus” – extraordinary sums in the digital media industry. In a statement on X, formerly known as Twitter, Rubin suggested he did not view the funding as suspicious and was duped by the Russian nationals. “These allegations clearly show that I and other commentators were the victims of this scheme,” he said. “The DoJ has never contacted me regarding this matter and I have no intention to comment further.”

Rubin has been one of six commentators for Tenet Media, a company that describes itself on its website as a “network of heterodox commentators that focus on Western political and cultural issues.” The federal indictment references the work of six commentators for the company, named only as “Company-1” in the indictment, and uses the exact language of Tenet’s website to describe the company mission. Announcing the indictment, U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland noted the federal investigation was ongoing, suggesting that additional charges are possible in the case.

“The Justice Department will not tolerate attempts by an authoritarian regime to exploit our country’s free exchange of ideas in order to covertly further its own propaganda efforts, and our investigation into this matter remains ongoing,” he said.

Edited by DSVII
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Their best collaboration, imo, was with one of my top 10 band......Old Crow Medicine Show, covering The Weight, by my #1 band of all time.......The Band!

https://youtu.be/zXf-SuBbJa0?si=FH1AmdxtHP7Wqz1b

Yep. Great version. We actually cover an OCMS song....(Wagon Wheel)

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

You really need to spend some time with a dictionary to discover the actual meaning of  the words 'fact; and 'opinion'.

I could not find it, but I'd swear you've said (possibly twice now) 'I support LGBT.'  Was I dreaming?

It was the other guy. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to tell G how disappointed he is in using that anti lgbtq rhetoric. 

5 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

It was the other guy. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to tell G how disappointed he is in using that anti lgbtq rhetoric. 

I found it. Or at least Hippy found it and quoted it 5 or 6 posts up) It was Gator who said 'I'm all for the LGBTQ movement'.  He since replied to the same post of mine that you just did to berate me and all lefties for having no sense of humour.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Cheers 1