US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

imo a lot of millennial guys are pissed off, because they keep being told they should be pissed off. Unfortunately it's pointing them to someone who's selling false hope. 

sums it up yeah. The numbers for the 18 to 29 demo are massively skewed towards the Con Man. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So there are a lot of morans in that age group? 

If i remember correctly, 48% of that age bracket are leaning Conservative. I am not sure if morons or a certain naivete paired with exasperation at reality. 
The reality must be the current guys fault because they were not paying attention to the previous decade's guy on account of being children at the time. 

I am willing to bet half my land that the 48% who lean Conservative right now in that grouping will absolutely change their toon in 4 years and it will drop back down to the decades long norm of 20%. Heck it may ebb substantially even before the actual election. 

edit: my take on the naivete part is they don't quite get that they are in the demographic that absolutely needs social safety nets. They need ten dollar a day childcare, inexpensive dentistry, rent controls, wage increases and better coverage when out of work or employed at a wage below the cost of living. Meanwhile, 48% of them support the guy who will axe the tax (that they generally don't pay and actually get more back from if they do) but to axe that tax he will have to cut cut cut all the supports those young adults rely upon. 
Therefore, IF their support level holds through an election, as soon as those cuts start making their lives really worse off in real time over four years, they will skew back hard to the 80% progressive support levels that that demographic has historically shown. 

21 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

If i remember correctly, 48% of that age bracket are leaning Conservative. I am not sure if morons or a certain naivete paired with exasperation at reality. 
The reality must be the current guys fault because they were not paying attention to the previous decade's guy on account of being children at the time. 

I am willing to bet half my land that the 48% who lean Conservative right now in that grouping will absolutely change their toon in 4 years and it will drop back down to the decades long norm of 20%. Heck it may ebb substantially even before the actual election. 

edit: my take on the naivete part is they don't quite get that they are in the demographic that absolutely needs social safety nets. They need ten dollar a day childcare, inexpensive dentistry, rent controls, wage increases and better coverage when out of work or employed at a wage below the cost of living. Meanwhile, 48% of them support the guy who will axe the tax (that they generally don't pay and actually get more back from if they do) but to axe that tax he will have to cut cut cut all the supports those young adults rely upon. 
Therefore, IF their support level holds through an election, as soon as those cuts start making their lives really worse off in real time over four years, they will skew back hard to the 80% progressive support levels that that demographic has historically shown. 

They aren't listening to their wives.

• chaos 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How gratifying would it be to see Musk (and his bu* chu* Trump) lose everything and have to actually work?

If the idiots buying Teslas would stop then Musk might just be flipping burgers. 

I can appreciate what Musk has done for online purchasing safety, EV's and our new space era, and also think he's a dink. He's a dink. 

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hey,..   why not Pillows too?

Maybe as a bonus item if we call in the next 6 hours ?

He is a telethon .

I would be surprised if it was solid silver.  I believe that it is far far more likely that is is clad in silver like how the Olympic medals are.  That would be the grifter move.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It simply amazes me how any women (considering Trumps actual comments about women) could even think of voting for him. 

the way my wife explains it is, one of the sad outcomes of misogyny in our culture is women hating on women, particularly the ones that really like the stay at home/churchie role. 

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

the way my wife explains it is, one of the sad outcomes of misogyny in our culture is women hating on women, particularly the ones that really like the stay at home/churchie role. 

Don’t get it. Trump is weak. Mrs. Alf says it’s obvious to any woman that Trump is just bravado. Must be a lot of moran women out there. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Don’t get it. Trump is weak. Mrs. Alf says it’s obvious to any woman that Trump is just bravado. Must be a lot of moran women out there. 

imagine you have bought into the idea that you need a guy in your life to provide for you, now add in the religious component that the man is the master of the house. Poor gals don't stand a chance. 

• ThereItIs 1

Trump is really going for the women's  vote lol

Trump Calls MSNBC Host A 'Bimbo' After She Makes Case For Voting Against Him

Donald Trump flipped out on Truth Social over Stephanie Ruhle's appearance on "Real Time with Bill Maher."

Trump Tells NC Voters Incompetent Harris Will Disarm Them and ‘Kill The American Dream Forever’

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-tells-nc-voters-incompetent-harris-will-disarm-them-and-kill-the-american-dream-forever/

Former President Donald Trump said a vote for Vice President Kamala Harris would leave Americans unarmed and stolen from and potentially killed by migrants on Saturday as he portrayed her as incompetent.

Trump prefaced the criticism by saying, “I don’t want to be rude.

The 2024 Republican Party nominee was addressing supporters in Wilmington, North Carolina when he portrayed a future with Harris as president as one in which Americans would face economic depression.

He added that if elected in 45 days, Harris would confiscate guns and give away jobs to illegal immigrants.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms