US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

11 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I don't think so unfortunately. Maybe if he sheds Harris.

Sadly I think you are right. Trump is gonna win in 2024.

New NYT shows Biden losing by at least 4% in battleground states. 

The Dems need to kick Biden to the curb if they want to prevent Trump. These poll numbers are atrocious. 

It is really no fault of Biden but current economic conditions will punish the incumbents in elections no matter what one did or align with. Fair or not, people believe the president have way more control over things than they actually do.

Biden have a good economy by the numbers but fails the vibe test and that I will attribute to X with financial advise influencers/grifters falling over each claiming recessions is coming for clout. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I don't think so unfortunately. Maybe if he sheds Harris.

70% of Americans do not support Biden. If he was 10 years younger he probably gets re-elected. Does that mean Trump gets re-elected? Over 50% of Americans do not think the last election was conducted fairly. Not one investigation in serious voter fraud has proven in favor of Trump. My hope is he is convicted of serious crime and that the GOP nominate Haley as their candidate. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

70% of Americans do not support Biden. If he was 10 years younger he probably gets re-elected. Does that mean Trump gets re-elected? Over 50% of Americans do not think the last election was conducted fairly. Not one investigation in serious voter fraud has proven in favor of Trump. My hope is he is convicted of serious crime and that the GOP nominate Haley as their candidate. 

I actually like Haley as well. 

Yeah Biden is such a bad choice and Harris just makes it easy for voters to turn away from them as a good choice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I've learned not to expect rational thinking from voters, so I won't rule out Trump being re-elected, but I'm not getting too worked up about current poll numbers.

Right now, the only one campaigning is Donald Trump. In fact, he's been campaigning for about a year now. (If you're wondering why he started so soon, all you have to do is look at all of his whining about "election interference" as it pertains to his criminal indictments, to understand why)

Technically, he's running for the Republican nomination, but in his mind (or what passes for one) he's already won that and his campaign is for POTUS.

What this means, is that he's "playing the game" before it's even started. Joe Biden hasn't run a single campaign ad. The American public hasn't been subjected to a flood of advertising showing Trump running the country from a jail cell. They haven't been subjected to ad after ad of Trump bragging about having killed Roe v Wade.....or about him promising to cull US Intelligence agencies of anyone not loyal to him personally.

Those are just three things off the top of my head. There's a laundry list of things the Biden Campaign can hammer Donald Trump on. You want to talk about the economy? Sure. Let's start with the NY fraud trial. The so-called business genius, who's financial strategy is based on lying and (quite possibly) is no longer allowed to a business in his home state....

The game hasn't even started and some folks are handing Trump the win, because of a couple of polls?

I'm not throwing in the towel yet....

I think the view is "as things stand today" it's pretty clear Trump has a very good shot at winning. 

What does it mean for Canada? Probably not much initially, Trump will be obsessed with revenge internally for a while and Trudeau is likely gone in 2025.

I think it's easy to argue the Biden-Harris ticket is a weak one as well.

‘Laughing Stock’: Read the Scathing Private Email Romney Wrote About Trump’s Performance as President

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/laughing-stock-read-the-scathing-private-email-romney-wrote-about-trumps-performance-as-president/

He was the last person I wanted as the Republican nominee. I made that clear. After he won the nomination, I watched his campaign to see if he might surprise me. He did not. When he won, I hoped he would rise to the occasion

. His call for me to potentially serve at State fueled that hope—after all, I had been a very vocal detractor.

Unfortunately, President Trump did not grow to match the office. His smallness has instead diminished it. The American President has long served as a model for the nation; few would imagine holding Donald Trump up for their children to emulate.

Around the world, he, and to some degree the nation that elected him, have become a laughing stock.

His poverty of character has been exposed so often and in so many ways that many here have become inured to it.

Not so for those who watch him from abroad.

I was asked repeatedly to apologize for what I said about Donald Trump, to say that having spent more time with him, I had learned that I was wrong. I demurred.

But in truth, I did not imagine that he would be so tragic as president.

The incessant lying, the adulterer payoffs, the unwillingness to study and deliberate, the weakening of alliances, the elevation of autocrats, the impetuous decision, the demonizing of others, the divisiveness, the inability to hire and retain people of accomplishment — these are as stunning to me as they are to others.

I did not think he would be this bad.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I think the view is "as things stand today" it's pretty clear Trump has a very good shot at winning. 

What does it mean for Canada? Probably not much initially, Trump will be obsessed with revenge internally for a while and Trudeau is likely gone in 2025.

I think it's easy to argue the Biden-Harris ticket is a weak one as well.

My hope is that a center independent option evolves. The 2 extremes of progressives with AOC on the left and Trumpists on the right. Center right GOP and center left Dems form a unity party. I think it would win. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Eventually he's going to regret having hired this nutbar as his lawyer............

Ties to Russia!?

Now, i was told many times that was a nothing burger. Was totally deeeeeebunked , come on sheeple wake up! or, something...

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ties to Russia!?

Now, i was told many times that was a nothing burger. Was totally deeeeeebunked , come on sheeple wake up! or, something...

None of it matters until Republican voters say it matters. The only thing that will get through to them is election losses.

• Cheers 2

On 11/4/2023 at 6:29 PM, Cerridwen said:

Gad, I wish he'd just slither back under the rock he crawled out from. And then United Concrete dumps a load of freshly turned cement all over top of said rock.

Only the Dotard could call “our murderers” nice people compared to their murderers, coming in caravans from South America and parts of Africa.

Unhinged lunatic. Yet the local yokels gobble it up and want to make him the Commander in Chief.

Why are people drawn in? 

• Cheers 1