US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I hope you're not posting that as a serious argument....

The Babylon Bee is a parody site.... It bills itself as "Fake news you can trust"....

That sucks, I used to get my all political news from the Babylon Bee and The Onion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

I've said it here on more than one occasion.  NYS, especially NYC, Democratic politics are very corrupt.  The FBI should open a branch in the legislative building in Albany.

Adams certainly didn't take long to get himself indicted.  Funny how quickly the case ramped up after he p*ssed off the Biden Administration a year or so ago.  Dumbass.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I've said it here on more than one occasion.  NYS, especially NYC, Democratic politics are very corrupt.  The FBI should open a branch in the legislative building in Albany.

Adams certainly didn't take long to get himself indicted.  Funny how quickly the case ramped up after he p*ssed off the Biden Administration a year or so ago.  Dumbass.

Tammany Hall goes back pretty much to the birth of the nation doesn't it? 

6 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Tammany Hall goes back pretty much to the birth of the nation doesn't it? 

It was created a couple decades later, but yep, about 230 years ago give or take. 

The Nation's capitol in DC is chock full of criminals.  Sadly, many of the crimes they commit, like insider trading, they've legalized just for themselves.  There's a reason why we're listed in the UN in the lower middle of countries when it comes to corruption.  We'd probably be higher on the list, but our politicians throw temper tantrums, and pull funding, when the UN is honest and points out our problems.

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

IMG_1165.jpeg

Trump and the MAGA crowd are so far on the wrong of the Ukrainian war. Trump has to move to supporting Ukraine or it will cost him many GOP votes. At this point even if he says he will support Ukraine most people will not believe him. 

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Trump and the MAGA crowd are so far on the wrong of the Ukrainian war. Trump has to move to supporting Ukraine or it will cost him many GOP votes. At this point even if he says he will support Ukraine most people will not believe him. 

It's way too late for them to pretend that they don't support Putin.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It was created a couple decades later, but yep, about 230 years ago give or take. 

The Nation's capitol in DC is chock full of criminals.  Sadly, many of the crimes they commit, like insider trading, they've legalized just for themselves.  There's a reason why we're listed in the UN in the lower middle of countries when it comes to corruption.  We'd probably be higher on the list, but our politicians throw temper tantrums, and pull funding, when the UN is honest and points out our problems.

I liked this guy when he first became mayor of NYC. Not so much when he complained about Texas shipping Mexican illegals to NYC so they could share the burden of open border policy. BNN story said the history of bribery in NYC is a long one. In Adams case, apparently 10 years which pre-dates being mayor. NYC is a Democratic stonghold and fear of the fallout of this scandel could cost them seats. 

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Born and raised in Dallas.  Owns guns and hunts.  Football star.  Self made man who embodies the american dream and spirit.

vs

Lyin sycophant Ted Cruz who is softer than a pudding cup and cant wash the brown stain off of his nose

Sorry Collin.  Texas has spoken

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I liked this guy when he first became mayor of NYC. Not so much when he complained about Texas shipping Mexican illegals to NYC so they could share the burden of open border policy. BNN story said the history of bribery in NYC is a long one. In Adams case, apparently 10 years which pre-dates being mayor. NYC is a Democratic stonghold and fear of the fallout of this scandel could cost them seats. 

Yes he should have graciously accepted the mass amount of migrants. 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

The Democrats have been shedding seats upstate.  They're corrupt and have been doing a poor job.  It doesn't help that they get raided by the FBI every now and then.  That tends to make the nightly news.  I'd be surprised if they lost much in NYC itself.

Adams put the FBI case into overdrive when he went public with his dissatisfaction of the Biden Administration during and after his visits to DC.  That's when the FBI raids on his office and major leaks of the investigation began to pick up steam.

That brings some of my old points about Trump back.  He was "Teflon" Don only because he was a popular Democratic supporter and the state Democrats made sure that the laws that he broke never got him more than a slap on the wrist.

Corruption breeds more corruption, and the NYS Democrats (along with the Trump family's old mafia connections) bred Trump into who he is today.  Frankenstein's (Trumpensteins?) monster turned on his creators.

I'm concerned about Buffalo likely needing a new mayor soon since our 5-term mayor will be stepping down any day now to go into the private sector to head up Western Regional Off-Track Betting.  Byron Brown's administration was only a little corrupt, but who knows who will replace him and what crap they may pull.

• Cheers 2