US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

14 minutes ago, Cranston said:

An amazing indictment that will be ignored by anyone lost enough to support the current rule.

image.png.9f766d5213913520c0f011bac9c99e10.png

That's a good little vatnik. Or maybe you're the guy who we've lost track of the number of alts he has made

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cranston said:

An amazing indictment that will be ignored by anyone lost enough to support the current rule.

Current stats can't be ignored. Neither can Trump's killing of the recent bill drafted to improve them. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Posting Shellenbereger. Good. Not sure being clued helps in any way, but maybe there is an upside somewhere down the line.

He just posted copies of official counts from ICE.  If you don't like him personally, that doesn't invalidate the numbers from ICE that he reported on.  We're bringing in and letting go murderers and rapists at the behest of the executive branch of our government.

I'd have posted from a left leaning liberal source, but they're ignoring the story and hoping that it goes away.

*edit* Just realized that I may have misinterpreted your post.  If so, my apologies for any confusion.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He just posted copies of official counts from ICE.  If you don't like him personally, that doesn't invalidate the numbers from ICE that he reported on.  We're bringing in and letting go murderers and rapists at the behest of the executive branch of our government.

I'd have posted from a left leaning liberal source, but they're ignoring the story and hoping that it goes away.

It's possible that a some of the numbers are falsely accused people fleeing whatever shit government they were under.

Id actually like to know more about the screening process and why ice thinks it's ok to release these folks. Why don't they view them as risky? Or does ice have to let them go? Is it a capacity issue? I need more information.

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Current stats can't be ignored. Neither can Trump's killing of the recent bill drafted to improve them. 

Because the legislation wouldn't close the border unless there were 5000, yes 5000! encounters a day with illegals at the border. That is 5000 too many obviously. That is like cementing in the current catastrophe. Totally unacceptable to anyone who cares about their country.

29 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Thanks.

What is really freaky to me is how much more people can continue to create and live in their own reality, and ai can take this to new heights.

I don't think we should take Gator seriously, but there are a lot of people who really are true believers of that nonsense and are happy to self segregate into weird camps.

I have an in-law who's deep into this shit. He's getting unbearable because he's really frustrated with the rest of the family who doesn't see what he thinks he does. I'm starting to wonder how far he'll take it.

You were smart to immediatley think of Putin. Yuval Noah Harari called them 'editors' ( Lenin, Mussolini were both editors in early jobs)

We have a current influential editor show up in a tweet on the last page. Elon.

A couple posters have already bit down hard, as many of the right wing media has 'level of deception is jawdropping' ...from the fox clip something like '..you cant hate yourself and familly so much that youre putting your families in danger'

Its just sad shit.

'Fear is the product they push...' - Zack De La Rocha

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

*edit* Just realized that I may have misinterpreted your post.  If so, my apologies for any confusion.

oh yeah...you did🙂

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's possible that a some of the numbers are falsely accused people fleeing whatever shit government they were under.

That happens with every nation.  Because of the adversarial nature of our court system, the US has plenty of people with criminal records that shouldn't have them.

That said, I left out things like burglary for that reason.  I'm mostly concerned with the murderers and rapists.  Sh*t countries tend to have plenty of both.  So even if we set the bar incredibly high at 1/4 are innocent, that's still entirely way too many dregs of humanity to let go into our population so one party can make them citizens to get a leg up on the other party in elections.

Id actually like to know more about the screening process and why ice thinks it's ok to release these folks.

They're released because the executive branch has ordered them to be released while their waiting on citizenship decisions.  Problem is, you tend to lose track of these people when they don't show up for their citizenship hearings before an immigration official/judge.

Why don't they view them as risky?

They do view them as risky.  They don't care unless it comes back to bite them.  They aren't the ones that will be living among these dregs of society.

Or does ice have to let them go? Is it a capacity issue? I need more information.

Yes, ICE has to obey the executive branch.  As for capacity, we'd have to put these people in tent cities which would reflect poorly on those in DC that are either allowing this issue or ignoring it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Because the legislation wouldn't close the border unless there were 5000, yes 5000! encounters a day with illegals at the border. That is 5000 too many obviously. That is like cementing in the current catastrophe. Totally unacceptable to anyone who cares about their country.

There was a lot more going on than just that but nice try with the oversimplification AND you were able to work in 'caring for the country'.   Good talking point and very MAGA.

Underscoring just how damaging Trump’s comments and campaign to kill the border deal have been in the Senate, one GOP senator on condition of background told CNN that without Trump, this deal would have had overwhelming support within the conference.

“This proposal would have had almost unanimous Republican support if it weren’t for Donald Trump,” the Republican senator said.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Anyone want to set odds on how long our newest member will last before being shown the door?  :hurhur:

I suspect he has seen that door before and already knows the way out.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On the latest fear..

Trump got his lackeys to block the border bill.

So, if you're concerned about that issue. 

Kamala is the only option. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Fear?  That's been fact since shortly after he did it.  Even the Republicans narcked on Trump for that one.

It's all in the news. Very popular fear right now.

Edit; i'm talking about the border issue Sab, and just pointing out that Trump does the opposite of trying to fix it. 

Edited by bishopshodan

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

On the latest fear..

Trump got his lackeys to block the border bill.

So, if you're concerned about that issue. 

Kamala is the only option. 

Kamala is the only option, period. She is going to win. Fat Ass Orange Baby is going to prison. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Kamala is the only option, period. She is going to win. Fat Ass Orange Baby is going to prison. 

She really is.

Trump is a cult leader. Through and through. Anyone that cant see that is drunk on the koolaid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

It's all in the news. Very popular fear right now.

Ah.  I wonder if it was a tidbit from Vance's report.  I'm still flabbergasted that Trump saw that report and still decided to choose Vance.

JD must have some world class ass kissing abilities.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Ah.  I wonder if it was a tidbit from Vance's report.  I'm still flabbergasted that Trump saw that report and still decided to choose Vance.

JD must have some world class ass kissing abilities.

Strange pick for sure.

But at this point, nobody should take anything Trump does seriously.

Its all a show...  fear mongering show. 

Time for the USA to wake up and get back to being a leader in this world instead of hating itself.