US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

48 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Everything that I know about Australia, I have learned from Peter Weir movies, Mad Max and Crocodile Dundee series. Hot as fuck, poisonous animals, people fighting to death for gasoline, schoolgirls disappearing at picnics, strange weather phenomena etc. 

I think eating a vegemite sandwich has been on my bucket list for a while...🥸

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think eating a vegemite sandwich has been on my bucket list for a while...🥸

In elementary school, my principal was Australian, and he implemented a 'vegemite sandwich day'. 

I'm told it's an 'acquired taste'.

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Imagine deciding to vote for this. By far the dumbest presidential candidate and former president of all time. 

Dumb??? Not at all. He firmly believes that most Americans are dumb and they keep proving him right. The average reading level in the US is grade 4 and that's how he communicates to them.

What does Trump care about stopping people from talking about? Project 2025. Every time it comes up, he has less than a sentence to say about it.

How does he keep people off this? By giving them Springfield eating cats and dogs and other shit.

It keeps them off the stuff he doesn't want people to talk about.

The Springfield shit is exactly that, shit and background noise. He doesn't care about it, it's not costing him votes. It's engaging a gullible base and enabling them. He's not going to win over other votes, he just needs to keep the ones he has.

Keep focused on the stuff that he doesn't want people talking about and stay off the stuff that he's using to distract people. The less time people spend talking about Project 2025 and talking about Cats and Dogs, the closer he is to winning.

Never underestimate his intelligence.

Is he a Psychopath? No, doesn't fit the profile.

Is he a Sociopath? Absolutely fits that profile.

Is he showing signs of Dementia? Absolutely

Is he dumb? Not at all, he just REALLY hopes that you think so. It helps him the more people underestimate him and just think he's crazy!

17 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Dumb??? Not at all. He firmly believes that most Americans are dumb and they keep proving him right. The average reading level in the US is grade 4 and that's how he communicates to them.

What does Trump care about stopping people from talking about? Project 2025. Every time it comes up, he has less than a sentence to say about it.

How does he keep people off this? By giving them Springfield eating cats and dogs and other shit.

It keeps them off the stuff he doesn't want people to talk about.

The Springfield shit is exactly that, shit and background noise. He doesn't care about it, it's not costing him votes. It's engaging a gullible base and enabling them. He's not going to win over other votes, he just needs to keep the ones he has.

Keep focused on the stuff that he doesn't want people talking about and stay off the stuff that he's using to distract people. The less time people spend talking about Project 2025 and talking about Cats and Dogs, the closer he is to winning.

Never underestimate his intelligence.

Is he a Psychopath? No, doesn't fit the profile.

Is he a Sociopath? Absolutely fits that profile.

Is he showing signs of Dementia? Absolutely

Is he dumb? Not at all, he just REALLY hopes that you think so. It helps him the more people underestimate him and just think he's crazy!

Completely disagree. Trump is no actor. He is exactly as he appears, a petty, vindictive, narcissistic, bumbling fool....bereft of honesty, civility, morality and most importantly, ideas....

He is, quite simply, far and away, the stupidest elected world leader I've ever seen....and I've been around for over 60 years.

This "crazy like a fox" and "4D chess" narrative has been around since 2015, but it has never passed the smell test.

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Completely disagree. Trump is no actor. He is exactly as he appears, a petty, vindictive, narcissistic, bumbling fool....bereft of honesty, civility, morality and most importantly, ideas....

He is, quite simply, far and away, the stupidest elected world leader I've ever seen....and I've been around for over 60 years.

This "crazy like a fox" and "4D chess" narrative has been around since 2015, but it has never passed the smell test.

I didn't say he was an actor, he's an illusionist who knows how to keep people focused on something he doesn't care about and off topics that can harm him.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I didn't say he was an actor, he's an illusionist who knows how to keep people focused on something he doesn't care about and off topics that can harm him.

I think you're giving him far too much credit. He isn't pretending to be an idiot. He is one....

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I think you're giving him far too much credit. He isn't pretending to be an idiot. He is one....

He wants you to believe that, he's not trying to win your vote, he's trying to win the votes of the gullible. 

16 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

He wants you to believe that, he's not trying to win your vote, he's trying to win the votes of the gullible. 

Once again. I disagree completely. He's already got the votes of the "gullible". He's had them since 2016.

The thing is, he can't win with just those votes. He has to convince a sizeable percentage of moderates that he's the better choice....He won't do that by acting like a boorish imbecile.

As I said before. He is an imbecile. It's no act.