US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Looking at how some of these races are turning out, I am going to repeat my statement from several years ago.

Goobers are going to regret the day when they endorsed, supported, and not impeached pumpkin head. 

They thought they could use him and control him to further their agenda.

Biggest mistake of their lives.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Media is weird.

CNN- having just watched Democrats crush the Republicans in election after election, end a show with a discussion on 'Can Biden beat Trump?".

"OMG Trump is tied or even leading in so many polls".

1- bet the polls about all the elections today had the Republicans showing better than the real results.

2-Biden isn't campaigning, everything Trump does and says is related to his campaign.

3- Trump has a large possibility of losing so many court cases, he will be seen as a loser that few would vote for. Losing shows weakness and the Don has cultivated an image of a strong man. This is likely to be shattered beyond even his hyperbolic aptitude to repair.

4- Don will quite likely be in prison.

In todays world fear leads to clicks and views-guess they think this is the way to keep people watching.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Gurn said:

Media is weird.

CNN- having just watched Democrats crush the Republicans in election after election, end a show with a discussion on 'Can Biden beat Trump?".

"OMG Trump is tied or even leading in so many polls".

1- bet the polls about all the elections today had the Republicans showing better than the real results.

2-Biden isn't campaigning, everything Trump does and says is related to his campaign.

3- Trump has a large possibility of losing so many court cases, he will be seen as a loser that few would vote for. Losing shows weakness and the Don has cultivated an image of a strong man. This is likely to be shattered beyond even his hyperbolic aptitude to repair.

4- Don will quite likely be in prison.

In todays world fear leads to clicks and views-guess they think this is the way to keep people watching.

Yep. I made a similar post a couple of days ago.

One other thing that is never taken into account is how many of these current Trump leaning voters will stick with Trump if he's convicted?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Yep. I made a similar post a couple of days ago.

One other thing that is never taken into account is how many of these current Trump leaning voters will stick with Trump if he's convicted?

a trump conviction rallies his base imo

every single one will come out to vote

14 minutes ago, soggy said:

Yeah, I'm not sure his base can get much more "rallied". What we're talking about here are independent voters who are currently undecided between the two choices.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/i-can-t-elect-a-criminal-a-trump-conviction-could-cripple-his-re-election/ar-AA1jsUhA?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=87ef9872e4fc409ba06b72d753b441fe&ei=22

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, soggy said:

It hasn't worked for him so far, he hasn't won anything since he was first elected. Polls, smolls, 39% of the electorate isn't enough for him to pull anything off. Mind you, he's probably calling 2024 fixed soon.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘I Don’t Recall’: Ivanka Trump Claims She Can’t Remember a Whopping 30-Plus Times At Fraud Trial

https://www.mediaite.com/news/i-dont-recall-ivanka-trump-claims-she-cant-remember-a-whopping-30-plus-times-at-fraud-trial/

Well, I hate to say it, but she is blonde!

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Steve Martin Hilariously Looks On Bright Side After His Book Is Banned In Florida

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/steve-martin-shopgirl-library-florida_n_654b8d13e4b0e3ecaf8bc138

So ironic that the "free speech" party is banning all of these books, yet they all claim that the Dems are the "cancel culture" party.....:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

45 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘I Don’t Recall’: Ivanka Trump Claims She Can’t Remember a Whopping 30-Plus Times At Fraud Trial

https://www.mediaite.com/news/i-dont-recall-ivanka-trump-claims-she-cant-remember-a-whopping-30-plus-times-at-fraud-trial/

Ya, I think the game is up.  Scammers and fraudsters the lot of them.

CHRIS JANSING: Lisa, this is the first time you’ve been able to come out of court since the last break. What’s happening inside there?

LISA RUBIN: We are seeing an Ivanka Trump, who, as you know, Chris, doesn’t remember much. But I want to go against what some folks are saying as a conclusion about that.

This is actually been remarkably effective testimony for the attorney general, not because of what Ivanka Trump says, but because in sitting there, they are able to show her a number of documents that she is on and use them as evidence in the case and build a narrative.

And the narrative goes something like this. The Trump organization was not able to obtain financing for a number of its deals on terms they found acceptable to them. Why? Because Trump was a credit risk and commercial real estate lenders and private equity firms and all sorts of other people who might have loaned him money ran away.

Then Jared Kushner introduced Ivanka Trump to a woman named Rosemary Levick, who was a banker in the private wealth management group at Deutsche Bank. And the narrative that the attorney general wants the judge to see is that again and again and again, Ivanka Trump was involved in deals where they couldn’t obtain financing from other sources on favorable terms.

So they went to Deutsche Bank, whose private management group was willing to lend to them on two conditions. And the conditions were this will give you a lower interest rate and one that you like. But you got to give us a personal guarantee that you can cover the principal and the interest on the loan, as well as the operating income of this asset that you’re about to operate.

And on top of that, you’ve got to meet a minimum net worth requirement of at least 2 to $3 billion. And Ivanka Trump had an email with a gentleman named Jason Greenblatt, who was a lawyer at the Trump Organization that she was showed. And in it, she basically says this is as good as it gets. And then Greenblatt responds, “But what about the net worth requirement? That’s going to be an issue for us.”.

And Ivanka says, the gist of her response is “absolutely. But we knew that.”

And so I think this has been a tremendously effective couple of hours for the attorney general’s office, although you wouldn’t know it by sitting in the courtroom and listening to her say again and again — politely, as always — I don’t recall.

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

A rallied Trump base means a rallied anti trump majority.

Let them come.

maybe. biden has basically ensured a ton of arab americans are going to stay home, and thats not an insignificant demographic

26 minutes ago, soggy said:

maybe. biden has basically ensured a ton of arab americans are going to stay home, and thats not an insignificant demographic

Whatever...that means?

Arab Americans actually vote either down the middle or to the right by and large.  Those landed and first generation based on cultural ties.

But do go on and tell us, what ever is it you are suggesting or insinuating?

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Whatever...that means?

Arab Americans actually vote either down the middle or to the right by and large.  Those landed and first generation based on cultural ties.

But do go on and tell us, what ever is it you are suggesting or insinuating?

weird hostile tone but ok

thats sort of true in the early 2000s, certainly not today and hasnt been for some time

arab americans have historically been pretty split republican/democrat but after 9/11 moved to the left. a majority voted for obama in 08 and 2012. 

Trump alienated arab americans and even more came out in 2016 and 2020

support for biden among arab americans has dropped from almost 60% down to 17%

arab americans are a key voting block in michigan and can easily swing it for trump if they stay home

arizona, wisconsin, and georgia all were won by razor thin margins, easily swung by arab americans staying home

edit: sorry if my insinuation was unclear, ill spell it out: a majority of arab americans are incredibly angry at biden and the democratic establishment. they probably dont like republicans much more at this point so the likely outcome is staying home in large numbers, but if a republican candidate emerges with an isolationist agenda (basically gtfo the middle east) theres a decent chance that candidate captures a bunch of the vote

Edited by soggy

4 minutes ago, soggy said:

weird hostile tone but ok

thats sort of true in the early 2000s, certainly not today and hasnt been for some time

arab americans have historically been pretty split republican/democrat but after 9/11 moved to the left. a majority voted for obama in 08 and 2012. 

Trump alienated arab americans and even more came out in 2016 and 2020

support for biden among arab americans has dropped from almost 60% down to 17%

arab americans are a key voting block in michigan and can easily swing it for trump if they stay home

arizona, wisconsin, and georgia all were won by razor thin margins, easily swung by arab americans staying home

edit: sorry if my insinuation was unclear, ill spell it out: a majority of arab americans are incredibly angry at biden and the democratic establishment. they probably dont like republicans much more at this point so the likely outcome is staying home in large numbers, but if a republican candidate emerges with an isolationist agenda (basically gtfo the middle east) theres a decent chance that candidate captures a bunch of the vote

You think they'd vote for tRump after all he's put them through? Fewer might not vote, but I doubt they would vote for any Republican.

1 hour ago, soggy said:

This month implies that but we are really going to have to wait until next November to find out for sure.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Johngould21 said:

You think they'd vote for tRump after all he's put them through? Fewer might not vote, but I doubt they would vote for any Republican.

i think a lot of them are staying home, probably record number, and bidens edge in several swing states was miniscule. certainly in michigan he needed arab americans support to win. 

if trump comes out with the tucker carlson isolationist agenda i think he actually steals some of their votes

majority of arab americans are also muslim, and theres a fair bit of alignment on republican social issues, its not far fetched to think a republican candidate can recapture a bunch of that vote

im not american so i dont have a horse in the race. while i also wont share my race or ethnicity, ill just say this: im not supporting trudeau again, and certainly not voting for polivere. for the first time in my life ill be burning my vote - im writing in Vermin Supreme

Just now, Satchmo said:

This month implies that but we are really going to have to wait until next November to find out for sure.

for sure a lot can change between now and then. we'll have to see. i dont think 1 year is going to be enough to make arab americans forget about this. 

trumps path to victory is being the anti-war candidate, we'll see if he has the political wherewithal to grab onto it

dont really see a path to victory for biden but i guess we'll see. democrats desperately need another obama. clarence thomas is probably going to retire within the next 8 years and if the democrats cant secure a commanding victory and be in a position to nominate the person that replaces him, things are going to be pretty grim for the left for the forseeable future

26 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Key is going to be the Biden campaign constantly airing Trump's hate speech and calling out his open racism.  Agent Orange has given them a ton of material to use.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I always thought this to be a little premature due to a lack of a criminal conviction of a nature spelled out in the Constitution.

That being said, the QOP had 2 chances to keep him off the ballot, and defended him.