US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, 24K said:

I disagree. Her problem is that she doesn't have a simple widely applicable message that she will make people's life more affordable.

Her proposals are a mess of bandaid and special cases that apply to a sliver of the population. There is a reason why voters constantly complain that she has no policy details cause it is a quagmire. 

Her real problem ironically enough is too much details and lack of a simple easily digestible universal policy. 

Her biggest policy that could apply here is anti price gouging but she just retreat on that front everytime it gets brought up. 

I been saying the least controversial proposal that would apply for broad appeal that make average American life more affordable is universal public school meals. She literally have Walz whose claim to fame is said program in his state. It is a no brainer at this point. 

To be fair, media ain't helping either and online contend definitely leans way more to the right with the amount imof manosphere creators out there compared to the left. 

I would imagine that a functioning media in any working democracy would focus more strongly on the guy that's promising to jail/purge a segment of the population.

I think she's done well in the interviews so far. She needs a little more refinement on why Trumps tariffs are a bad idea but otherwise policy shouldn't be the sole responsibility of the left.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Guess which "stable genius" is back on the "Climate Change is a scam" train?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-sparks-controversy-for-calling-climate-change-a-scam-as-hurricane-helene-leaves-trail-of-destruction/ar-AA1rtffS?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=5d23ad971107471980f8c6b763d6d4d7&ei=13

Pretty tone deaf, even for a doofus like Trump.....right after a hurricane kills over 100 people....:picard:

One of Project 2025’s goals is to eliminate job protection for thousands of government employees and replace them with political appointees whose employment would be at the favour of the President. If this had been in place Trump wouldn’t have had to use his sharpie…

IMG_1822.jpeg

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump rants about 'Tampon Tim Walz' at what is supposed to be a hurricane relief event

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-hurricane-tim-walz/

He's just mad because Tim throing Tampons is more effective than him throwing paper towels.  Pound for pound tampons absorb more liquid.  

4d chess Tim is playing I tell ya

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Duodenum said:

The geriatric is the embodiment of "If his lips are moving, he's lying". 

it’s just sad and embarrassing that this is person vying again to represent the Strongest Democratic Country in the World that supports others hoping to live with law and order in their freedoms.

to think that this piece of shit would get 1 vote  is asinine.

• Like 4

Reporter: Trump has accused you of ignoring—

Biden: He's lying and the governor told him he was lying. I've spoken to the governor.. I don't know why he does this and the reason I get so angry about it, I don't care about what he says about me, but I care what he communicates to the people that are in need. He implies that we're not doing everything possible. We are. I assume you heard the Republican Governor of Georgia talk about that. He was on the phone with me more than once. So that's simply not true.
And it's irresponsible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Duodenum said:

The geriatric is the embodiment of "If his lips are moving, he's lying". 

52 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

it’s just sad and embarrassing that this is person vying again to represent the Strongest Democratic Country in the World that supports others hoping to live with law and order in their freedoms.

to think that this piece of shit would get 1 vote  is asinine.

Spoiler

Sometimes people just want to be bamboozled.

image.gif.13ab2f90a9e815268b84d6575b5694a7.gif

• Haha 1

BREAKING: The New York Times editorial board endorses Kamala Harris as “the only patriotic choice for president” because Donald Trump’s “first term was a warning” and he is “unworthy” of the office.

And they were just getting started…

The board wrote that Trump’s second term “would be much more damaging and divisive than the first.”

They praised Harris as a “dedicated public servant” who has “begun to describe a set of thoughtful plans to help American families.”  

The board added that the election is about a “more foundational” question than the political differences and policies involved.

“It is about whether we invite into the highest office in the land a man who has revealed, unmistakably, that he will degrade the values, defy the norms and dismantle the institutions that have made our country strong,” wrote the board. 

The board went for the jugular, writing that it’s “hard to imagine a candidate more unworthy to serve as president of the United States than Donald Trump,” adding that he “has proved himself morally unfit for an office that asks its occupant to put the good of the nation above self-interest.”

“This unequivocal, dispiriting truth — Donald Trump is not fit to be president — should be enough for any voter who cares about the health of our country and the stability of our democracy to deny him re-election,” they wrote. 

“For this reason, regardless of any political disagreements voters might have with her, Kamala Harris is the only patriotic choice for president,” they added.

Please retweet and ❤️ if you are definitely voting for Kamala Harris — and consider joining the growing exodus to Tribel, a new pro-democracy social network that is exploding in popularity because Twitter and Facebook are trying to stop its growth — which is only making Tribel grow even faster. Please follow us on Tribel to get all of our breaking news alerts sent straight to your phone or computer by clicking the following link: tribel.app.link/okwPIHYCIqb

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1