US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Walz isn't dumb.  He's just not very smooth.  Surprisingly Vance is much smoother and quick on his feet so far.  They trained Vance up big time.

I didnt know much about him but I thought I read that JD had always been pretty good at debates.

I also thought that Walz admitted not being too great at them 

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Cause Sharpiro has skeletons in his closets and ain't the neutral Swiss cheese in terms of Israel which has now been proven to be the right move with the breakout of war there.

Kelly is a horrible orator, Cooper is one too old and has to defend NC from the now proven lunatic there. 

Whitmer and Newsome pulled themselves out Pete is one too not straight white men for a ticket.

Leaves pretty much Walz who is popular with zero Skelton in the closet amd more importantly won't try to upstate Harris. 

Newsome should have been offered whatever it took to be the running mate. He’s clearly Presidential. Waltz is a friggin’ idiot. If he was a horse he’d be shot for being lame. He’s a lame brain moron. If Harris loses it’s because of this bumbling cabbage brain. My God he’s stupid! 

Just now, Alflives said:

Newsome should have been offered whatever it took to be the running mate. He’s clearly Presidential. Waltz is a friggin’ idiot. If he was a horse he’d be shot for being lame. He’s a lame brain moron. If Harris loses it’s because of this bumbling cabbage brain. My God he’s stupid! 

Lop if Harris lose it will be because of Harris and her refusal to have needle shifting proposals and Israel. Walz will play 0 part in that equation

Also Newsome as vp is automatic lose. He is loathed by everyone outside of Cali. 

Just now, Warhippy said:

Vance has done the same 3 or 4 times too.  At least Walz said look I misspoke.  Seemingly owned it

Vance was adjacent to the question except for the first one.  Walz actually got called out by the women running the debate.  He gave a quickie response then.  He's very unprepared.  I'm surprised by that since Harris was prepared up the wazoo.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Vance was adjacent to the question except for the first one.  Walz actually got called out by the women running the debate.  He gave a quickie response then.  He's very unprepared.  I'm surprised by that since Harris was prepared up the wazoo.

Harris is a trained prosecuter. Walz is a teacher and admits to not being good at debates. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

More like stupid.  As in, it was stupid for him to accept it in the first place. 

If he was smart, he'd do a town hall meeting on X at the same time as Harris' ABC's interview.  It would cost him nothing, and he wouldn't be facing tough questions by an unfriendly network.

He'll probably just end up having another rally where only a few thousand people show up and then a portion of the audience will leave when they get bored because they're just hearing a rehashed speech.

He's lucky that people are fairly unhappy with the Democrats because this race wouldn't be competitive otherwise.

why be subject to a forum or debate that is friendly to his ways, and words?

Are we supposed to baby him into a position? ..   that’s giving privilege where he dosent deserve..

The POTUS is a tough position to hold,.  You need to have intelligence and moral integrity to hold it.

Your   “if he was smart” comment is almost condoning his trickery to avoid the tough , cognitive intelligence required for the job.

Debates need to be serious, they need to be factual,  no sideshows, no circus acts.

No bullshit .

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

So far I want to say I am shocked that they are holding Walz more accountble than Vance and the former guys record.  But I am not.  It seems that every PoS act Trump commits to gets a pass but harris walz are being held to a higher standard

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

why be subject to a forum or debate that is friendly to his ways, and words?

Are we supposed to baby him into a position? ..   that’s giving privilege where he dosent deserve..

The POTUS is a tough position to hold,.  You need to have intelligence and moral integrity to hold it.

Your   “if he was smart” comment is almost condoning his trickery to avoid the tough , cognitive intelligence required for the job.

Debates need to be serious, they need to be factual,  no sideshows, no circus acts.

No bullshit .

I don't disagree, but I'm looking at it from Trump's point of view.  I did the same with Biden and do the same with Harris.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

So far I want to say I am shocked that they are holding Walz more accountble than Vance and the former guys record.  But I am not.  It seems that every PoS act Trump commits to gets a pass but harris walz are being held to a higher standard

Are you surprised that the moderators aren't good at their job?

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I get that, but he seemed well spoken enough to me to do better.  Vance seemed the opposite. 

I misjudged both.

Vance reads as a consultant like Buttigeg so they are slimy and quick on their feet which plays well in a debate while Walz is the more empathetic and sincere friend or passerby that is more grounded.

Was not surprised by your assessment so far. There is a reason why Walz does so much better outside of debates compared to Vance. Debate is more of a natural stage for Vance types compared to Walz types. 

Throw in Buttigeg in there instead of Walz if you want fireworks. 

Edited by 24K
Wrote Vance by mistake in the last sentence.
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You surprised? These people know they won't get push back from the Dems while the GOP pretty much already have their death warrants signed. 

9 minutes ago, 24K said:

Lop if Harris lose it will be because of Harris and her refusal to have needle shifting proposals and Israel. Walz will play 0 part in that equation

Also Newsome as vp is automatic lose. He is loathed by everyone outside of Cali. 

Newsome is good looking and has a Presidential appearance. US voters are morons. Their level of thinking needs to be considered. Look at Waltz! He’s got loser written all over him! 

Tim is best at heart felt speeches.

Comes off as a real person. 

I dont think he is doing poorly tonight.

JD is in his realm but as the night goes on he's starting to be more car salesman-ish

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Vance reads as a consultant like Buttigeg so they are slimy and quick on their feet which plays well in a debate while Walz is the more empathetic and sincere friend or passerby that is more grounded.

Was not surprised by your assessment so far. There is a reason why Walz does so much better outside of debates compared to Vance. Debate is more of a natural stage for Vance types compared to Walz types. 

Throw in Buttigeg in there instead of Vance if you want fireworks. 

At the very least, this is fascinating for me to see.  I have a tough time watching these VP debates all of the way through without my mind wandering, but since I had this going opposite, I'm fascinated.

Just now, Alflives said:

Newsome is good looking and has a Presidential appearance. US voters are morons. Their level of thinking needs to be considered. Look at Waltz! He’s got loser written all over him! 

There is not enough looks and appearance out there for someone to overcome Gonvernor of California in this day and age.