US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

If this debate along erase all the horrendous things Vance has said then there is something seriously wrong with people. 

Then against you are probably right given we are talking about voters here.

We'll see I suppose. 

I was watching this on ABC and they went into damage control immediately after the debate feed was switched away from. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! Harris gives Newsome whatever needed to get him as her running mate and it’s a friggin’ landslide victory. Dens would get 8 years from her and then 8 from Newsome. Waltz = Trump win. 

If Harris did that now, she'd rightfully be called out as indecisive.  Short of Walz resigning the nomination citing health reasons, they are joined at the hip.

I'll bet McCain wanted to get rid of Sarah Palin shortly after his aides thrust her upon him, but he knew that would be a poor move.  Unfortunately for him, she was a one woman wrecking crew on his presidential chances in the long run.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I would say he is the Democrat version of Sarah Palin.  One of the big reasons McCain lost was because of Palin.  Kamala may be in trouble here...

That’s a good comparison. I wonder if Waltz can see Russia from his porch? 
Seriously if it’s Harris/Newsome running together how big is the landslide victory for the Dems? The map would very likely be entirely blue. Now, because of Waltz, it’s up in the air. And the opponent is  lying piece of craperolla in Trump. One of the most vile characters in the world, ever! Waltz is a counter balance to that! And Harris picked that guy. What in the heck was she thinking? 

• ThereItIs 1
  • Desmenko 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I would say he is the Democrat version of Sarah Palin.  One of the big reasons McCain lost was because of Palin.  Kamala may be in trouble here...

I thought of McCain/Palin also, but I don't think Walz has enough time to drag her down anywhere near as far as Palin ended up dragging McCain down.

Though he needs a better answer to his China lie and he has to stop saying that he's friends with school shooters.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Satchmo said:

The same is true for most American Presidents.   Trump is not special here.

Half of his term took place in a global pandemic - a time when you would not really expect wars to break out.  

Trump took office in January of 2017.  The pandemic hit in March of 2020.  So, it was actually less than a year...

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If Harris did that now, she'd rightfully be called out as indecisive.  Short of Walz resigning the nomination citing health reasons, they are joined at the hip.

I'll bet McCain wanted to get rid of Sarah Palin shortly after his aides thrust her upon him, but he knew that would be a poor move.  Unfortunately for him, she was a one woman wrecking crew on his presidential chances in the long run.

My point is she never should have picked Waltz in the first place. Of course she can’t dumperoo the piece of craperolla now. She had Newsome to choose and somehow screwed it up. Now she’s anchored with a putz. 

• Haha 1
  • Desmenko 1

I thought of McCain/Palin also, but I don't think Walz has enough time to drag her down anywhere near as far as Palin ended up dragging McCain down.

Though he needs a better answer to his China lie and he has to stop saying that he's friends with school shooters.

Friends with school shooters and China is just another reason why this funny looking idiot is killing Kamala. This dough head is going to get the Orange antichrist elected. 

• Desmenko 1

Outside of this debate Walz has done nothing to drag Harris down as compared to Palin dragging McCain down.  

Quite the opposite really where it is Vance actually dragging Trump down outside of this debate. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a good comparison. I wonder if Waltz can see Russia from his porch? 
Seriously if it’s Harris/Newsome running together how big is the landslide victory for the Dems? The map would very likely be entirely blue. Now, because of Waltz, it’s up in the air. And the opponent is  lying piece of craperolla in Trump. One of the most vile characters in the world, ever! Waltz is a counter balance to that! And Harris picked that guy. What in the heck was she thinking? 

She should have went with Pete Buttigieg.  He would have went toe to toe with Vance.  Not sure why they went with Walz.  I think Shapiro was high on the list as well, but they didn't want to run with him because of the Middle East war...

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

My point is she never should have picked Waltz in the first place. Of course she can’t dumperoo the piece of craperolla now. She had Newsome to choose and somehow screwed it up. Now she’s anchored with a putz. 

As I said Newsome never wanted it.

The only other real choice was Beshear but I guess Dems have him pigeoned holed to replace McTurtle in Kentucky. 

You forget the mean point of a vp pick though. The presidential candidate need to vibe with the vp and Newsome want to be the top dog here and not the right hand. 

Edited by 24K

Just now, 24K said:

Outside of this debate Walz has done nothing to drag Harris down as compared to Palin dragging McCain down. 

I agree.

Quite the opposite really where it is Vance actually dragging Trump down outside of this debate. 

Vance had a good answer prepared for his uncovered past Trump takes that were hurting him.  I thought he was going to have to duck that question, but he skillfully batted it away.  That's when I knew for sure that he was very prepared for this debate.

She should have went with Pete Buttigieg.  He would have went toe to toe with Vance.  Not sure why they went with Walz.  I think Shapiro was high on the list as well, but they didn't want to run with him because of the Middle East war...

Pete is gay. That may be just a bit too much with a black Indian female at the top. 

Not to mention a good number of Harris left loath the guy. But yes he would be better at this debate. Can't say the same to the positive effect Walz has outside of the debate.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I agree.

Vance had a good answer prepared for his uncovered past Trump takes that were hurting him.  I thought he was going to have to duck that question, but he skillfully batted it away.  That's when I knew for sure that he was very prepared for this debate.

I mean it doesn't take a genius to figure he will have to answer that in the debate. I mean let's not kid ourselves, Vance ain't Trump. 

Edited by 24K

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

I mean it doesn't take a genius to figure he will have to answer that in the debate. I mean let's not kid ourselves, Vance ain't Trump. 

I just don't understand how they didn't have Walz prepared to answer the question on his China lie.  You would think that they could have thought of something better than trying to duck the question with an introduction and then giving an awkward response when pushed on it.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Grammar

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

It was a bad debate for Walz but it's not always a good idea to write a player off after one bad game.  I know it was a big game but the finals are still a ways off.

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

Pete is gay. That may be just a bit too much with a black Indian female at the top. 

Not to mention a good number of Harris left loath the guy. But yes he would be better at this debate. Can't say the same to the positive effect Walz has outside of the debate.

Saying you are friends with school shooters on national tv will be in every Trump campaign ad for the next 4 weeks.  That line alone could cost Kamala the election...

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

I just don't understand how they didn't have Walz prepared to answer the question on his China lie.  You would think that they could have thought of something better than trying to duck the question with a introduction and then giving an awkward response when pushed on it.

I think because they don't think anyone cares and frankly no should care as that have no bearing on anything of importance.

Do you really care he was in HK instead of Beijing?

Saying you are friends with school shooters on national tv will be in every Trump campaign ad for the next 4 weeks.  That line alone could cost Kamala the election...

It would play well with the base unless they can actually dig up a school shooter who is actually friends with Walz. 

Pretty obvious otherwise he misspoke. 

1 minute ago, 24K said:

I think because they don't think anyone cares and frankly no should care as that have no bearing on anything of importance.

Do you really care he was in HK instead of Beijing?

He wasn't in Hong Kong until months later.  He was reportedly in Nebraska on that day.

That said, a lie is a lie.  I don't like liars and he's been caught in more than one.

Like I said though, he's not Palin so he won't affect the race overall most likely.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He wasn't in Hong Kong until months later.  He was reportedly in Nebraska on that day.

That said, a lie is a lie.  I don't like liars and he's been caught in more than one.

Like I said though, he's not Palin so he won't affect the race overall most likely.

Well it is between Haitians eating cats and dogs in Ohio vs I was not in China when I said I was decades ago. 

Guess that is somehow equivalent.