US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

ABC even just put up an article about his lies about details of his military service as well as his continuing odd lies about China. 

That basically explains why he dodged directly answering the question when asked, because no matter what he comes up with, he's going to end up contradicting a past lie that he made trying to get out from under the original lie.

I get why he'd try to lie about his military record, even though it's not smart to do, but lying about something so stupid as a communist crackdown from over 30 years ago is pretty silly.  There's almost nothing to be gained and there's plenty to lose.

Even though Trump telling the truth on anything is the exception and certainly not the rule, Walz is less effective when he attacks Trump's lies since he has some well known whoppers of his own.

Vance lying about an insurrection, and not being able to say who won an election, and still bringing up migrants eating pets in Springfield, is much more damaging than anything Walz has said about the past.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Vance lying about an insurrection, and not being able to say who won an election, and still bringing up migrants eating pets in Springfield, is much more damaging than anything Walz has said about the past.

And Trump puking out lies in every other thing that he says is worse as well.  My vote isn't going to either party. 

Unfortunately for whoever is running against Trump, his lies don't matter and theirs do.  Is it fair?  No.  Does it suck?  Yes.  Is it just the reality of the race that Harris and Walz are running in?  Again Yes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Doug Emhoff, aka: Mr Kamala Harris. 

He may be of the Sean Connery belief that sometimes you just gotta slap a b**ch to keep her in line...

https://nypost.com/2024/10/02/us-news/doug-emhoff-accused-of-forcefully-slapping-nyc-girlfriend-for-flirting-with-other-man-at-ritzy-gala-in-2012-report/

Oh my. The lives some people led. 

26 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

And Trump puking out lies in every other thing that he says is worse as well.  My vote isn't going to either party. 

Unfortunately for whoever is running against Trump, his lies don't matter and theirs do.  Is it fair?  No.  Does it suck?  Yes.  Is it just the reality of the race that Harris and Walz are running in?  Again Yes.

The fact that the networks didn't allow fact checking on the spot says something too. Don't forget these Networks are huge benefactors of Trumps tax cutting plans. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

7 hours ago, bolt said:

If every single migrant was given legal status there would no longer be an illegal migrant problem.  🤣  Another problem solved by Kamala HQ.

If every legal immigrant in Springfield was deemed illegal there would be no one working in the factories there.  You don't want American businesses to fail do you?  Aren't you out to make America great again?

Your schoolyard dig at Kamala is just that - you might as well just call her poopy pants.    Who TF is saying every single migrant will become legal immigrants?  (Some guy on X I suppose.)    

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:
27 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

The fact that the networks didn't allow fact checking on the spot says something too. Don't forget these Networks are huge benefactors of Trumps tax cutting plans. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

It's the medias fault that the Democrats lost the debate.  

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

You'd be surprised at the number of people in the US that are saying the Democrats won the debate.  You'd also be surprised at the number of people who thought Vance was the smoothest talker of the two but ultimately failed over all.   I suspect your X feed will not show you these opinions.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

Polls show it was a tie.

Walz got slight edge in substance while Vance got the edge in style and general debate judging points. 

Gee... In a hyper political environment that is more or less split 50-50 between the candidates, you are saying that each side is claiming their side won whether he did or did not?!  Whoulda thunk it?!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Gee... In a hyper political environment that is more or less split 50-50 between the candidates, you are saying that each side is claiming their side won whether he did or did not?!  Whoulda thunk it?!

I am not claiming anything. Just saying what the post debate polls said. 

Edited by 24K

45 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Both sides, Republican and Democrat had to agree to that rule.  The network decided to fact check anyways and broke that rule 3 times.  It blew up in their face the first time since they were wrong with their first fact check.

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

I am not claiming anything. Just saying what the post debate polls said. 

Sorry if you thought I was saying you as in you in a personal way.  I was saying it in a way that was mocking the people who are playing social media hyper partisan in real life now. 

Walz performed poorly.  Vance did well.  Nobody will care about this debate 48 hours from now.  There's a reason why there is only 1 of them.

52 minutes ago, bolt said:

They didn't lose.

Walz won the debate.  The crowd loved him.  All the polls say he won.  He was up against two stupid moderators, biased, incredibly biased and unfair and another stupid opponent and he still won.  The polls and crowd all say he won so I don't know where you're getting your information from.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 2

31 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Sorry if you thought I was saying you as in you in a personal way.  I was saying it in a way that was mocking the people who are playing social media hyper partisan in real life now. 

Walz performed poorly.  Vance did well.  Nobody will care about this debate 48 hours from now.  There's a reason why there is only 1 of them.

Walz is polling better with independents - roughly 60/40 on debate performance. 

As Alf says (barf), how you look plays a lot in politics. Walz just comes across as genuine and nice, even if he didn't have a great performance. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Walz is polling better with independents - roughly 60/40 on debate performance. 

As Alf says (barf), how you look plays a lot in politics. Walz just comes across as genuine and nice, even if he didn't have a great performance. 

Then my guess is that 60% of independents, give or take margin of error, may have already chosen to vote for Kamala.  Trump is screwed if that percentage holds true in battleground states.

Edited by Sabrefan1