US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

15 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Then my guess is that 60% of independents, give or take margin of error, may have already chosen to vote for Kamala.  Trump is screwed if that percentage holds true in battleground states.

It is clear that you are judging the debate from the perspective of how you would typically judge a debate in debate club, which is mainly style and polish. 

On that point, Vance won, and it ain't close. 

On substance and likeability however, it appears Walz won as Vance does come off as a sleek swarmy car salesman especially with his non answer with regards to 2020 election. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, 24K said:

It is clear that you are judging the debate from the perspective of how you would typically judge a debate in debate club, which is mainly style and polish. 

On that point, Vance won, and it ain't close. 

On substance and likeability however, it appears Walz won as Vance does come off as a sleek swarmy car salesman especially with his non answer with regards to 2020 election. 

I dunno.  This one seems obvious to me. 

Maybe I'm just too old school then.  These debates used to be judged on substance, not style.  Maybe that has changed with the newer generations.

Either way, it was a VP debate.  People care about VP debates for about the length of a single news cycle, and forget them shortly afterwards.  Nobody gave a rats booty about Kamala the VP until she replaced Biden.  Then she became THE player with more influence in her party than the sitting president.  Same thing with George HW Bush.  He was just the CIA guy who ran with Reagan until he ran for and became president in '88-'89.  Then in '92 he was the "1,000 points of light" soon to be ex-president, but that's another story...lol

11 minutes ago, bolt said:

is this what won him the debate?

Saw the whole clip and from context he meant shooters in school shooting club as his next sentence went straight to him having a gun in his car that he use to go hunting after school. 

Horribly worded but there is a reason that comment isn't really taking off even among the right wing ecosystem. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bolt said:

Is that all you've got?   Everybody knows he misspoke.  Congratulations for finding something you can mention over and over again. 

Everybody misspeaks from time to time, even the illustrious Mr. Trump...

Cofeve

“You know, Argentina, great guy. He’s a big Trump guy. He loves Trump. I love him because he loves Trump. Anybody that loves me. I like them,” Trump said.

Over the last few months, Trump has repeatedly prided himself on “acing” a dementia test, insisted that immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border “don’t speak languages,” claimed that he would stop banks from “debanking” Americans, mixed up former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and his only remaining rival in the GOP race, former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, and described his plan for America’s missile defense system by going, “Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.… Boom. OK. Missile launch. Woosh. Boom.”

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

He’s done ..  

All that’s left is his sun baked cow pie face.

My dad watches Fox A LOT. We sat through over an hour of Trump speech. It was the most meandering word salad full repetition, lies and lost trains of thought I have ever seen. Trump is not the Trump of 2016.  

16 hours ago, chris12345 said:

You don't get through Yale Law easily.

Vance is super smart. Ethics, fraud, bigot. That's a different topic.

The hardest part of Yale or Harvard Law schools is having the money and getting in. Passing wouldn't be that hard if you're just able to be a full time student unless you're at the top of your class. 

1 hour ago, bolt said:

I dunno you tell me how me making that claim is different than the idiot you cheer for like a weird icon

Trump insists he won debate, says another ‘probably won’t happen’

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/11/trump-debate-winner-fox-00178611

Edited by Warhippy

2 hours ago, bolt said:

During the same debate. 

Vance:   "The only thing that she did when she became the Vice President, when she became the appointed border czar, was to undo 94 Donald Trump executive actions that opened the border."

OMG! Do you think Trump is now for 'open borders'? 

• Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/i-m-just-going-to-wait-until-i-m-arrested-trump-rallygoers-fume-after-late-change-denies-them-access-to-speech/ar-AA1rBqQn?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=1009326f13a74513a133e14b8e322e5f&ei=75

"

Donald Trump’s supporters were left confused when a last-minute change of plan dashed their hopes of catching a glimpse of the former commander-in-chief.

Dozens of supporters, some of whom had traveled overnight, were eagerly waiting outside the planned campaign event at the Discovery World Museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, just to be told by US Secret Service officials that the previously billed public rally would be a closed press conference due to security and capacity concerns.

“I don’t know what to believe, so I’m just going to wait until I’m arrested or get a signed Donald Trump hat,” Lucas John, one of the ticket-holding supporters, told WISN.

Tom McAuliffe, who spent two hours traveling to the event from Orland Park, Illinois, said he had been waiting since 5.30am.

“There was nobody else here, which was surprising to us,” he added.

The Trump campaign told WISN that it had notified ticket holders of the change via email. The Independent has emailed the campaign for comment.

But ticket holders said they had a different email stating that the event would be highly restricted due to capacity limits. Importantly, they still believed a small number of guests could enter the museum starting at 3pm.

-------------------------------------

Mal

• Haha 1