US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

20 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Is that the one where he cosplayed as a cowboy and put his hat on backwards?

While we're discussing Elon does anyone know what colour you'd call his flesh? I don't think it's one that's naturally occurring in nature. And how would you describe his body type? Is lopsided a body type?

elon-musk-shirtless-mykonos-05.thumb.webp.20fd286d5fff94396c37c8c04d01ddaa.webp

44 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

While we're discussing Elon does anyone know what colour you'd call his flesh? I don't think it's one that's naturally occurring in nature. And how would you describe his body type? Is lopsided a body type?

Fish belly white

• ThereItIs 2

Just now, Boudrias said:

I like to read David Bahnsen's market news. He is a top financial manager in the USA. In his piece today he said he was confident that Donald Trump would not be elected. 

There are a lot of stupid people, I wouldn't count him out.

25 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

image.jpeg.c5d9904f94cd457a4d8f9e14048054f0.jpeg

It is not even just this.

FEMA themselves said they have enough money in their already approved funds for what they need to deal with Helene. 

They said they would need more money should another major hurricane hit the rest of the hurricane season. 

MAGA in the other hand is parroting the lie that FEMA doesn't have money cause they used it on migrants even though FEMA can't use those money outside of these natural disasters. 

What I find over the years is the right and especially MAGA confliction of personal finance with financing of gonvernment. Gonvernment are not financed like your personal bank account. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, 24K said:

FEMA themselves said they have enough money in their already approved funds for what they need to deal with Helene. 

They said they would need more money should another major hurricane hit the rest of the hurricane season. 

MAGA in the other hand is parroting the lie that FEMA doesn't have money cause they used it on migrants even though FEMA can't use those money outside of these natural disasters. 

What I find over the years is the right and especially MAGA confliction of personal finance with financing of gonvernment. Gonvernment are not financed like your personal bank account. 

EXACTLY THIS!!!

So, the Repugs are trying to do some damage control, after the jobs report came out. JD Vance tried to float the idea that all of those jobs were taken by illegal immigrants....but that narrative was quickly slapped down by University of Michigan Economist, Jason Wolfers:

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, 24K said:

For the record, Glenn Jacobs is a VERY conservative individual (who also happens to be the former WWE wrestler Kane).  Tough Kane, you sleep with a dog with fleas (Dotard), it's hard not to get infected with it's fleas.  Ask Melania.🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Just an observation, but that looks to me like someone who know they're being photographed and is sucking that gut in for all they're worth....

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

3 hours ago, bolt said:

Kamala Harris and Joe Biden made America worse. I wonder if they'll be tried for treason if Trump gets in. I'm sure there is a State that can issue the charges similar like the state of New York going after Trump.

What the hell is this?  A clip of migrants peacefully following instruction of border patrol officers?

What exactly is the treason charge here?  How do you stop people from wanting to escape their own hell of poverty, and gangs, to live the American dream?  I heard one border official say that social media channels and people smugglers are giving these people false hopes.  Do you blame them for wanting a better life? 

And how pray tell, is these poor folks desire to become Americans, no matter how many of them, treasonous behaviour by US politicians?  There is no connection.

The problem is slowing it down, and being able to process the ones that do come in, in an orderly manner.

And have a strong acceptance/rejection standard.  Which was in the bill that Biden signed executively, because Trump wouldn't authorize his approval for the bill to pass, and since Biden passed that that in June, crossings have dramatically declined.

But again, its not the responsibility of only one political party.  George W Bush had a bipartisan bill on immigration but his own party rejected it because it included granting so called dreamers a path to citizenship. 

What do you suggest? 

Or do you just whine and complain.

Harris, was given the task, not as 'border czar" but to look at ways to keep people back in their own countries. To see if there were ways the US could help in supporting economies, and finding solutions in those central American countries,  to avoid people coming in the first  place.  Seems to me that nipping it in the bud would be the most longest lasting solution.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

1) Pasty grey

2) Gelatinous 

• Haha 3

SpaceX engineers are trying to deliver Starlink terminals & supplies to devastated areas in North Carolina right now and

@FEMA

is both failing to help AND won’t let others help. This is unconscionable!! They just took this video a few hours ago, where you can see the level of devastation: roads, houses, electricity, water supply and ground Internet connections completely destroyed.

@FEMA

wouldn’t let them land to deliver critical supplies … my blood is boiling …

Edited by Elias Pettersson

If you have the time, this rally is historical.  Never has there been such a high profile Republican campaigning and backing the Democratic candidate like this.  Or a Democratic candidate holding a rally in the birthplace of Republicans. Both speeches are powerful.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

As an immigrant I find it amusing when the most divisive and useless members of society rail against immigrants. Their big claim to privilege is "I was born here". So because this is where you were fortunate enough to fall out of your mother grants you the right to shit on others? Like I said I just find it amusing the perceived privilege of some people, usually the most useless people too.

These people have the illusion that if there are no immigrants than these high paying jobs would be theirs despite their complete lack of skills and credentials needed for said jobs. 

A company ain't gonna hire someone completely unqualified just because they can't find someone as a bad hire does way more damage than no hire. 

You can't just plug someone working in retail into an engineering job and not miss a beat.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

lol.  Is Musk going to accuse FEMA of being a bunch of pedos now?   That's what he did when Thailand refused  his help rescuing the boys in the cave, and he called the hero who got them out a pedo.  He's a stupid man with a giant ego.

Various Republican governors in the southeastern states hit by Hurricane Helene have praised the Biden administration’s response, sometimes naming Biden in particular.

Republican South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster said at a Tuesday press conference that federal assistance had “been superb,” noting that Biden and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg had both called and told him to let them know whatever the state needed. McMaster added that the administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Deanne Criswell, had also called. He said, “So we’re getting assistance, and we’re asking for everything we need.”

Republican Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin said at a Monday press conference, “I’m incredibly appreciative of the rapid response and the cooperation from the federal team at FEMA.” He specifically thanked Biden, among others, in a press release the day prior.

Republican Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee said at a Wednesday press conference that the response to his emergency declaration “was quick from the federal government,” adding there was “a fast turnaround, frankly,” in making the state eligible for some federal reimbursements.

At a Tuesday press conference, Lee spoke of a “rush” of officials “from the federal to the state to the local, the local emergency management agencies, local county mayors with tears in their eyes out there serving their people. There is a great deal of hope when you see what is behind the effort, the coordinated effort, in this community to begin to rebuild.”

Cooper, the North Carolina governor, has repeatedly praised the federal response. Sitting beside Biden during the president’s visit to North Carolina on Wednesday, Cooper said, “We’re grateful for the quick actions and close communications that we have had with the president and with the FEMA team,” adding moments later, “And Mr. President, we know that we have made a lot of asks of you, and we are grateful for your ear and for your actions.”

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

These people have the illusion that if there are no immigrants than these high paying jobs would be theirs despite their complete lack of skills and credentials needed for said jobs. 

A company ain't gonna hire someone completely unqualified just because they can't find someone as a bad hire does way more damage than no hire. 

You can't just plug someone working in retail into an engineering job and not miss a beat.

In their minds the the CEO of Johnson & Johnson is an illegal named Miguel Hernandez.

32 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

SpaceX engineers are trying to deliver Starlink terminals & supplies to devastated areas in North Carolina right now and

@FEMA

is both failing to help AND won’t let others help. This is unconscionable!! They just took this video a few hours ago, where you can see the level of devastation: roads, houses, electricity, water supply and ground Internet connections completely destroyed.

@FEMA

wouldn’t let them land to deliver critical supplies … my blood is boiling …

Well Elon, one reason is it look like it wasn't safe to land a helicopter there. 

You don't know how stable the land is and the number of trees in the area leave little margin for error. 

Don't need to cause a helicopter crush  for FEMA to deal with. 

Second, we can't just have randos going in and out trying to help at their own whim as that cause more logistical nightmare that would delay aid more than it helps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2