US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just another day in Trumps America.  Will just post the link because damn this is gross 

A group of white Trump supporters jump a Black Trump supporter at a rally in Saginaw, Michigan. The MAGA audience stood around, laughing, and didn't intervene to help the victim.

Reporting from the ground alleges the Black Trump supporter was selling 'Made in USA' Trump gear while the other group was selling Made in China Trump gear, and when the Black man pointed that out, they jumped him and violently attacked him while people sat around laughing. 

https://x.com/trouble_man90/status/1841940804471779356

FB_IMG_1728142441661.jpg

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Looks like Buttigieg and Elon are on the same page now...

ELON: "SEC BUTTIGIEG IS ON THE BALL" Despite FEMA previously refusing to allow flights to bring Starlink to communities devastated by Hurricane Helene, Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg fast-tracked the approval process to ensure they could be delivered quickly. “Thanks for expediting approval for support flights.  Just wanted to note that Sec Buttigieg is on the ball.” Source:

@elonmusk

Elon just needs to start showing some respect and know his place. Nobody voted for him to be a leader but if he would like to help out, awesome, make sure to be up front and go through the proper channels. 

Mayor Pete is a good dude. Could make a great POTUS.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bolt said:

😆 😂  

you trust a felon, con man, and soon to be convict ,  who aims to dismantle the United States of America .  A puppet for countries that control him.

Throwing sand into faces , trying to change the reality that exists is all you have.

This post of yours proves that .

Trump lies ,.   It’s documented.

He , as a self proclaimed citizen, of no capacity,

privately tried to overthrow the government of the United States .

56 minutes ago, Cranston said:

There was no bluffing involved, Elon is getting Pete's number. The headline writer needs to read the article.

Bluff may not have been the best word to describe it so you are correct to point that out if you feel so inclined.   Disinformation or lies would fit better.

If you disagree please provide proof of 'belligerent government incompetence' Musk is referring to.

EDIT - this is how you do it Elon:

Dolly Parton announces $1m donation to Hurricane Helene recovery

Edited by Satchmo

Racist and stupid....a shining example of today's Republican party....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/idaho-state-senator-tells-native-american-candidate-go-back-where-you-came-from-in-forum/ar-AA1rJ9yj?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d2ff766a517f4d9189d6f52a0d40797c&ei=34

Tensions rose during a bipartisan forum this week after an audience question about discrimination reportedly led an Idaho state senator to angrily tell a Native American candidate to “go back where you came from.”

Republican Sen. Dan Foreman left the event early after the outburst and later denied making any racist comments in a Facebook post. He did not respond to a voice message from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Trish Carter-Goodheart, a Democratic candidate for the House District 6 seat and member of the Nez Perce Tribe, said the blowup left her shaken and thinking about security needs for future public events. It also forced some tough conversations with her two young children, Avery and Lavender, who were in attendance.

“Having conversations about racism with an 8-year-old and a 5-year-old is not something me and my husband Dane were prepared for,” Carter-Goodheart said Friday. “They've never seen a grown adult man have a meltdown like that. They were scared. I was scared.”

The event was held by Democratic and Republican precinct committee members from the small north-Idaho town of Kendrick on Monday night, The Lewiston Tribune reported. It was for House and Senate candidates from the local district, including Foreman; his Democratic opponent, Julia Parker: Republican Rep. Lori McCann; and her Democratic opponent, Carter-Goodheart.

About an hour into the event, someone asked a question about a state bill addressing discrimination. The candidates were each given two minutes to answer, and when it was Carter-Goodheart's turn, she pushed back on earlier comments that suggested discrimination is not a major issue in Idaho.

She said state hate crime laws are weak, and noted that the neo-nazi group Aryan Nations made northern Idaho its home base for many years. She also talked about being the only candidate there who was a person of color.

“I pointed out that just because someone hasn’t personally experienced discrimination doesn’t mean it’s not happening,” she said. “I was making my statement, and then he shot up out of his seat and said, 'I’m so sick of your liberal (expletive). Why don't you go back to where you came from?'”

The Nez Perce Tribe has lived on the Columbia River Plateau in the Pacific Northwest for more than 11,500 years, including the area where Kendrick is located. The northern edge of its reservation, while only a small fraction of the tribe's historical territory, is less than 10 miles (16 kilometers) from the Veterans of Foreign Wars hall where the forum was held.

“It was like slow motion,” Carter-Goodheart said. “I just remember thinking, ‘Go back to where you came from’? That's within miles of where this forum is taking place. We have literal plots of land that are being leased out to family farms nearby.”

In his Facebook post, Foreman called the incident a “quintessential display of race-baiting” and said the Democratic attendees made personal attacks and “proclaimed Idaho to be a racist state.”

“Well, here is a news flash for the lefties out there. There is no systemic racism in America or Idaho,” Foreman said. “Idaho is a great state — the best in the Union!”

He then added an attack on supporters of abortion rights, saying: “And furthermore, it is immoral and against the law of God to kill unborn babies in the womb. You do not have any right to murder the unborn. There is no such thing as your self-proclaimed ‘Women’s Reproductive Rights.’ There is no such body of rights in the state or federal constitutions. And we don’t do designer rights in Idaho.”

Imagine standing on ancestral territory and telling an indigenous person to "go back where you came from"....:picard:

As I said: Racist and stupid. :classic_dry:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Something...something...separation of church and state. 

I don't know how anyone can think millions of taxpayer money for a TRUMP product is a good thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2024/10/04/oklahoma-schools-trump-bible/?utm_source=reddit.com

Okla. is buying schools 55,000 Bibles. Specs match the $60 Trump Bible.

The state put out a bid for leather-bound Bibles with U.S. founding documents. Few, if any, such Bibles are currently for sale besides a Bible endorsed by Trump.

• Upvote 2