US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Regan was a great man and President. The 80’s were the best of times. 

I had a LOT of fun in the 80's, and Reagan was a pretty good public speaker,  but...

The presidency of Ronald Reagan was marked by numerous scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any president of the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandals_of_the_Ronald_Reagan_administration

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Regan was a great man and President. The 80’s were the best of times. 

The Reagan administration was the most corrupt administration ever.

Over 138 officials were either indicted or convicted.

The Largest number ever for any president of the United States.

And as for " Reaganomics" and " trickle down economics ", while it was not the beginning of the slow erosion of the middle class, it accelerated the process.

He was a second rate actor and a third rate president. 

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I had a LOT of fun in the 80's, and Reagan was a pretty good public speaker,  but...

The presidency of Ronald Reagan was marked by numerous scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any president of the United States.

You posted while I was writing my post. 

Spot on.

It's amazing how the good old days weren't actually so good at the time, it's actually time itself, that makes them the good old days. 

The 80's for me were a blur.

Fast cars, women, things I can't talk about. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The Reagan administration was the most corrupt administration ever.

Over 138 officials were either indicted or convicted.

The Largest number ever for any president of the United States.

And as for " Reaganomics" and " trickle down economics ", while it was not the beginning of the slow erosion of the middle class, it accelerated the process.

He was a second rate actor and a third rate president. 

That’s your opinion. And that’s fine. But imo Regan was a great man and a great President. 
it’s okay to disagree. 

Just now, Alflives said:

That’s your opinion. And that’s fine. But imo Regan was a great man and a great President. 
it’s okay to disagree. 

It's not my opinion his administration was corrupt, it's a fact. 

It's not my opinion that Reaganomics helped to destroy the middle class, it's a fact.

The Road to Trump Began With  Reaganomics And The Loss Of The Middle Class, Economist Says " 

https://today.duke.edu/2019/01/road-trump-began-reaganomics-loss-middle-class-economist-says

Bottom line his economic policies created more inequality than any other administration. 

I studied economics at school Alf.

As well as Math.

Both pure and Applied.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

It's not my opinion his administration was corrupt, it's a fact. 

It's not my opinion that Reaganomics helped to destroy the middle class, it's a fact.

The Road to Trump Began With  Reaganomics And The Loss Of The Middle Class, Economist Says " 

https://today.duke.edu/2019/01/road-trump-began-reaganomics-loss-middle-class-economist-says

Bottom line his economic policies created more inequality than any other administration. 

I studied economics at school Alf.

As well as Math.

Both pure and Applied.

Sorry friend it’s your opinion. Imo Regan was a great man and a great President. It’s an opinion based idea to say someone is great. 

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This is real,   She is Inspired and promoted by Trump,.   
                She’s one of the lowest on the pecking order,   Where’s Bannon,  where’s Peter Navarro? 

One of the things that I like about this (besides the obvious) is that things just got real for all of those fake electors...

Time to start singing assholes....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Sorry friend it’s your opinion. Imo Regan was a great man and a great President. It’s an opinion based idea to say someone is great. 

So you are OK with the fact that his administration was the most corrupt administration in American history ?

That Reaganomics, his tax cuts, gutted the middle class ?

" Reagan Government is Most Corrupt "

https://www.afr.com/politics/reagan-govt-is-most-corrupt-19880104-k2ldc

" Whether measured by the rank or the sheer numbers of officials who have come under ethical suspicion or criminal investigation, the amount of sleaze is awesome. "

Me, I don't like corruption.

For all his faults Harry Truman, the 33rd President of the USA had a sign on his desk.

The Buck Stops Here. 

Reagan as the head of that administration was responsible for all the corruption in it.

Just now, Ilunga said:

So you are OK with the fact that his administration was the most corrupt administration in American history ?

That Reaganomics, his tax cuts, gutted the middle class ?

" Reagan Government is Most Corrupt "

https://www.afr.com/politics/reagan-govt-is-most-corrupt-19880104-k2ldc

" Whether measured by the rank or the sheer numbers of officials who have come under ethical suspicion or criminal investigation, the amount of sleaze is awesome. "

Me, I don't like corruption.

For all his faults Harry Truman, the 33rd President of the USA had a sign on his desk.

The Buck Stops Here. 

Reagan as the head of that administration was responsible for all the corruption in it.

Again my opinion is Regan was a great man and President. You can disagree all you like. You’re entitled to your opinion. It’s okay to disagree. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The irony is one would actually need to eat shit to know there is a difference in taste. So maybe shit actually does taste like chocolate? 

I know we are just joking here but I'm Satchmo the Science Guy and can't help myself:

Our sense of smell in responsible for about 80% of what we taste. Without our sense of smell, our sense of taste is limited to only five distinct sensations: sweet, salty, sour, bitter and the newly discovered “umami” or savory sensation. All other flavours that we experience come from smell.

• ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

Of all the dumb stuff being posted that one is truly the most inappropriate, thoughtless, crude, and cruel.

Just wait, he has more.  He is just trying to figure out what truth social 4-chan nonsense he can get away with that has absolutely zero substance but owns the libs.

The best part is, that PoS disgusting meme was created by some worthless fuck wit who claims to love america, love patriotism, thinks 9-11 was the worst tragedy since pearl harbour and that denigrating it, the fallen service members or first responders is disgusting and unpatriotic.

but give them a chance to shit on the Dems and that tragedy is perfect to highlight their stupidity, hypocrisy and classlessness

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Again my opinion is Regan was a great man and President. You can disagree all you like. You’re entitled to your opinion. It’s okay to disagree. 

People have the opinion that trump was a good president.

Reagans administration was more corrupt than trumps.

Admittedly he, Reagan served two terms. 

2 years into his presidency there was a severe recession, unemployment peaked at 11 percent, the highest since the great depression.

He made severe cuts to Medicaid, school education, food programs, low income housing. 

The trade deficit exploded in the first year of his presidency from 25 billion to 111 billion.

His massive increases in military spending led to the largest deficits in American history. 

He triple the national debt to 2.5 trillion back in 1988.

His administration, and congress gutted regulations governing the savings and loans industry which led to many of those institutions fucking shit up and costing the American taxpayer 500 billion in bailouts. 

I could go on and on.

This guy wasn't even a useful idiot.

He was just an idiot.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The irony is one would actually need to eat shit to know there is a difference in taste. So maybe shit actually does taste like chocolate? 

I have to shovel shit, chicken manure.

Not bags of pellets, that got so expensive.

A big truckload of chicken shit from the chook farms.

So much cheaper, and it is more effective. 

I would thoroughly wash my hands and shower.

I could still smell shit.

I worked out that when it was dry and dusty, shovelling shit all day, some of the fine particles make their way into your nostrils.

I have to snort water to clear the shit out.

The joys of being a flower farmer.

• chaos 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I’m taking one for the rest of the guys and gals here, who love their democracy, and the freedoms , and have the moral compass of those who abhor terrorism, threats, and violence,.

but they , and myself , with my rifles, will stand and rise up to defend it at all costs.

Peace is what we are still fighting for in this day and age.

You ,  @bolt

are a loser ,

and a fucking piece of shit.

This might be the way you get your jollies in this forum,  just trying to irk or upset others for your own entertainment or masterbation ..

but seriously,  maybe try euthanasia if your living this low a life..

you might save yourself from harm by doing so.

No need for that kind of language SilentSam, you're going to find yourself banned.

• Cheers 1