US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

17 minutes ago, bolt said:

Nothing more than the Democrats using the DOJ for political gain.  

I don't agree with all she says but I do think there are thousands of shady companies doing illegal things in NYC that the DOJ could have gone after.

So, I'll give you a pass on this one Bolt.  Now, defend his actions in the last election, and the stolen documents in his bathroom. 

Guess who Dolt 45 went to for advice on aid to Ukraine?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-asked-putin-for-advice-about-whether-the-us-should-help-arm-ukraine/ar-AA1rKVyH?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ed797c7c7736419ca8b4e16130c39076&ei=33

Donald Trump reportedly asked Vladimir Putin for his advice on whether the US should help arm Ukraine at their first in-person meeting.

The Republican presidential nominee, who has been vocal in his criticism of Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky, reportedly asked Putin “what do you think?” when the pair met in Hamburg in 2017, according to The New York Times.

Trump has wildly claimed Putin “would never have gone into Ukraine” if he were president and has touted his “very good relationship” with him several times.

The meeting — which took place three years after Russian forces invaded the Crimean peninsula — was “an opening” for Putin to begin exploiting Trump’s “escalating political grudge” against Ukraine in a bid to weaken US support for the country, officials who were privy to the exchange have shared with the newspaper.

Trump had only been in office for seven months when the pair met. Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson attended the meeting, which was “a masterclass” by Putin to mold the relatively new president’s approach to Ukraine, according to The Times.

Putin told Trump that Ukraine was a “corrupt” and “fabricated country” and insisted Russia had “every right” to wield its authority over the nation,The Times reported.

Trump reportedly told Putin he was considering giving weapons to Ukraine and asked: “What do you think?”

The Russian leader said that would be “a mistake.” Ukraine would only ask for more, he reportedly warned Trump. According to three American officials who were in Hamburg, the former president did not push back.

Tillerson reportedly said to “nervous” White House aides after the meeting: “We’ve got work to do to change the president’s mind on Ukraine.”

Fiona Hill, a member of Trump’s National Security Council staff who was in the German city for the summit and briefed about the meeting by Tillerson, told The Times: “Putin was basically telling [Trump] that you can’t trust Ukraine, and don’t give them anything.”

She added that Tillerson said Putin had done his “K.G.B. shtick” on Trump.

Tillerson was fired by Trump in March 2018. The former ExxonMobil chief executive later shared some insight into the meeting in Hamburg with the House Foreign Affairs Committee, where he reportedly said Trump was “out-prepared” by Putin.

We spent a lot of time in the conversation talking about how Putin seized every opportunity to push what he wanted,” a committee aide told the Washington Post at the time. “There was a discrepancy in preparation, and it created an unequal footing.”

Trump slapped this down in a statement, saying he was “perfectly prepared” and he did “very well at those meetings.”

Of course he did....:picard:

More in the link.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Home Depot owner realize he will go out of business when everything home depot sells goes up in price by 4x. 

Edited by 24K
Typos
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

#DorkMAGA trending on Twitter

This is great.

I am always calling Elon a dork. Cause it is obvious that he is, but since I dont have twitter, I didn't know that so many noticed that he is that dude you would have avoided in highschool. A f'ing dork. 

You cant buy cool and the two guys in the pic are proof of that. 

Dorks. Weird hateful dorks. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Pray tell sir, where ever did you procure said "headlines" in such a format?

Breanna Morello?  Oh yes.  I see.

Nevermind.

An individual who flamed out of FOX News because of her vaccine mandate views, cheered for Jan 6th and pushed the babygate narrative shouldn't be expected to be able to differentiate between a headline and an actual fact when the actual fact is different whereas the headline is there for anyone dumb enough to not be able to tell the difference and gives them the ability to fool people less intelligent than themselves

You just wanted a reason to post a video of Breanna Morello and that gorgeous r**k of hers...   😉

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You just wanted a reason to post a video of Breanna Morello and that gorgeous r**k of hers...   😉

I think you are allowed to type rack.

You had me wondering what dirty word you were trying to censor us from.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

petey2.gif

Actually, I take it back. I find unnecessary censorship hilarious.

I googled 'gorgeous rook'...and now I know you just love that weird spot in the ear that some people get pierced.