US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

27 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

How soon people forget about James Buchanan or Franklin Pierce when discussing the worst administrations in US history.

That was some bad journalism on  Doocy's part providing either disinformation or misinformation.   I'd call it the former.

Lol "worst ever"

Notice who is consistently in the top 5-10 worst.  Vs who is ranked as one of the best.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/presidents-ranked-worst-best/

https://www.usnews.com/news/special-reports/the-worst-presidents/slideshows/the-10-worst-presidents?slide=9

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/20/presidents-ranking-trump-biden-list

https://www.voanews.com/a/america-s-best-and-worst-presidents-ranked/6612531.html

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/19/presidents-survey-trump-ranks-last-biden-14th

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bolt said:

worst administration in American history

Cause the president have discretionary funds allocated to the state department for foreign humanitarian needs.

The president however does not have a pot of money to give for FEMA without congressional authorization. 

Biden can't just shift budget allocation at his whim, this ain't like your personal bank account. 

God do we need civic test.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

The newest bit of dipshittery from the right is that the US government intentionally created and guided hurricane helene in order for blackrock to secure a massive area of land via government control/eminent domain in order to pursue a lithium mine because they are forcing people to drive EVs

They are also now intentionally creating and guiding hurricne milton towards mar-a-lago because trump is going to expose them all and they need him silenced because the last 2 assassination attempts failed.

This is not a joke, this is almost making mainstream mention now because people actually believe this in the US and Canada on the right.

What, and I can not stress this enough; the actual fuck are they smoking on the current right?

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, 24K said:

Or maybe a test before they're allowed to procreate?  :classic_ninja:

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What, and I can not stress this enough; the actual fuck are they smoking on the current right?

I'm guessing because they're so hard against drugs :classic_rolleyes:, they're probably smoking oregano and thinking they're getting high.  :hurhur:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Odd that I did exactly that - actually I found more than 'a single suggestion' - from 'before that' and you discounted it as some kind of fake news or alternative facts.

These accusations you put forward came to light after 2015, no surprise there. Find me someone calling him a racist in 2014 and I will be impressed.

1 minute ago, Cranston said:

These accusations you put forward came to light after 2015, no surprise there. Find me someone calling him a racist in 2014 and I will be impressed.

He literally gave you as did others almost a dozen examples of him being called a racist or committing to racist actions going back to the 70s/80s

You're looking for what people call the nirvana fallacy and it won't work here sir.

We know what you're doing.

???  Why be so calendar specific?   What is your point here?

I provided examples that occurred AND were reported on between 1970 and 2010.  Are all of those invalid because of the absence of 2014?

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He literally gave you as did others almost a dozen examples of him being called a racist or committing to racist actions going back to the 70s/80s

You're looking for what people call the nirvana fallacy and it won't work here sir.

We know what you're doing.

I just rejoined the thread and I am reading sequentially. Satch brought up his dad's rent thing, and a couple others well known things that no one knew or cared about until he became the nominee.  God how many times do I have to repeat it. I want to see a quote from someone in 2014 saying "Donald Trump is Racist!" No one called him that in 2014. He's only called a racist for his actions back then because he deserted the politics of his hollywood friends.

Edited by Cranston

2 minutes ago, Cranston said:

I just rejoined the thread and I am reading sequentially. Satch brought up his dad's rent thing, and a couple others well known things that no one knew or cared about until he became the nominee.  God how many times do I have to repeat it. I want to see a quote from someone in 2014 saying "Donald Trump is Racist!" No one called him that in 2014. He's only called a racist for his actions back then because he deserted the politics of his hollywood friends.

His baby blood drinking, pedophile hollywood elite friends.

That's what he keeps saying so...

I just rejoined the thread and I am reading sequentially. He brought up his dad's rent thing, and a couple others that no one knew or cared about until he became the nominee.  God how many times do I have to repeat it. I want to see a quote from someone in 2014 saying "Donald Trump is Racist!" No one called him that in 2014. He's only called a racist for his actions back then because he deserted the politics of his hollywood friends.

I haven't used it yet in a reply to one of your posts but 'bollocks' is a term I use when a post is just too dumb to bother replying to.

Bollocks.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Because no one gave a shit about this pos until he decided to run for president. By your logic all the dirt they are trying to dig up and fabricate about Biden, Harris, and Walz is irrelevant as most of it is well past your self imposed statute of limitations. 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, 24K said:

Cause the president have discretionary funds allocated to the state department for foreign humanitarian needs.

The president however does not have a pot of money to give for FEMA without congressional authorization. 

Biden can't just shift budget allocation at his whim, this ain't like your personal bank account. 

The thing is, Doocy knows this....but the Faux News playbook says take every opportunity to criticize the Biden administration....real or imagined, it doesn't matter. Just so long as some right wing provocateur tweets about it and an army of gullible dipshits post that tweet on social media...

Remember when Dolt 45 was POTUS and didn't like the questions he was hearing?

Major US media outlets condemned as "unacceptable" and an "insult to democratic ideals" a decision by President Donald Trump’s White House to bar several organizations, including CNN and The New York Times, from a daily press briefing.

In an escalation in the administration’s war on the media, the White House Friday excluded some outlets that have provided critical coverage from an off-camera event that replaced the traditional on-camera daily briefing.

Friendly conservative outlets like Fox News, the One America News Network and Breitbart News were allowed to attend, while the BBC, The Los Angeles Times and others were excluded.

Trump on Friday decried the media as the "enemy of the people," a day after his top strategist promised relations with the press will get "worse every day."

A number of news outlets that regularly cover the White House as part of the "pool," including newswires Reuters and Bloomberg, attended the briefing.

The Associated Press boycotted in protest. AFP protested being excluded.

https://economynext.com/trump-bars-media-that-exposes-his-lies-from-press-briefing-7061/

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Because no one gave a shit about this pos until he decided to run for president. By your logic all the dirt they are trying to dig up and fabricate about Biden, Harris, and Walz is irrelevant as most of it is well past your self imposed statute of limitations. 

Yay, someone with a wacko response that at least addresses the point. Thank you.  lmao

Edited by Cranston

6 minutes ago, Cranston said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jd-vance-leaked-messages-show-how-vp-pick-called-trump-racist-in-stern-rant/ar-BB1qPJ1o?ocid=BingNewsVerp&apiversion=v2&noservercache=1&domshim=1&renderwebcomponents=1&wcseo=1&batchservertelemetry=1&noservertelemetry=1

Sofia Nelson, a former classmate of JD Vance, has exposed a series of texts and emails from Donald Trump's controversial chosen Vice President slamming Trump.

In these messages, dating back to 2014-2016, Vance blasted Trump for "racism," expressing his "outrage at Trump's rhetoric."

He also warned that "black people will suffer" due to white voters supporting Trump.

Just now, kilgore said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jd-vance-leaked-messages-show-how-vp-pick-called-trump-racist-in-stern-rant/ar-BB1qPJ1o?ocid=BingNewsVerp&apiversion=v2&noservercache=1&domshim=1&renderwebcomponents=1&wcseo=1&batchservertelemetry=1&noservertelemetry=1

Sofia Nelson, a former classmate of JD Vance, has exposed a series of texts and emails from Donald Trump's controversial chosen Vice President slamming Trump.

In these messages, dating back to 2014-2016, Vance blasted Trump for "racism," expressing his "outrage at Trump's rhetoric."

He also warned that "black people will suffer" due to white voters supporting Trump.

Vance addressed these allegations in the debate, he said it was because he was misled by the media like so many others.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Nobody spends a bunch of time painting some rando businessman as a racist....even if he is one. There are plenty of them around and people have better ways to spend their time....

But when that rando businessman wants the most powerful political office in the world, that's quite another thing. You won't see "Trump is a racist" quotes from pre-2014, because he just wasn't important enough.

However, things are different now. People are rightfully calling Trump a racist, because he is one and while having a racist business owner is bad enough, it pales in comparison to having a racist POTUS.

4 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Vance addressed these allegations in the debate, he said it was because he was misled by the media like so many others.

But not you eh Cranston?  You're no dumbass like JD. 

• Haha 2