US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

14 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Vance addressed these allegations in the debate, he said it was because he was misled by the media like so many others.

5 minutes ago, kilgore said:

But not you eh Cranston?  You're no dumbass like JD. 

Or even DJT who was dumb enough to be taken in by his Hollywood friends for years.

DJT has told us criminality  is genetic, like dumbness I suppose, but dumbness is something you can apparently grow out of according to Cranston.  

• Upvote 1

No surprise.  It's not just the Presidential race that is being targeted.

Intelligence officials say US adversaries are targeting congressional races with disinformation

Foreign governments are targeting House and Senate races around the country in their effort to meddle with American democracy this election year, intelligence officials warned Monday.

Russia, China and Cuba have all launched influence operations designed to help or hurt candidates in specific congressional races. Without giving specifics about the number of affected races, an official from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said Monday that all three countries have zeroed in on races where they believe they have a national security interest at stake.

Moscow’s goal is to erode support for congressional candidates who favor assisting Ukraine in its war with Russia. Officials wouldn’t say which candidates were targeted, but it’s likely that the Kremlin’s effort is intended to hurt Democrats and centrist Republicans who have supported Ukraine.

China has targeted candidates from both parties based on their stance on issues of key importance to Beijing, including support for Taiwan. Officials said they have observed Chinese disinformation agencies focusing on candidates in “tens” of races.

Cuba’s government has mounted a narrower operation aimed at boosting candidates it believes would favor better relations with the island, such as reduced economic sanctions.

https://apnews.com/article/congress-russia-trump-china-cuba-disinformation-election-a4de250124d7cb93f16718831d0715a9

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2024 at 11:09 AM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Ketamine is a hell of a drug.

RDT_20241006_1108565027268385555003310.jpg

I've seen posts comparing him to emperor Palpatine and I don't really think that's fair 

One is a megalomaniacal, cruel man who doesn't mind ruining and ending lives for his personal gain whereas the other is emperor Palpatine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cranston said:

You must be fairly young or have memory failure. He only became a racist when he ran for the Republican nomination. Before that he was the toast of Hollywood. Can you find a single suggestion of him being a racist before that? Good luck .

Donald Trump: 'Great relationship with the blacks' - Page 4 - Stormfront

42 minutes ago, Cranston said:

These accusations you put forward came to light after 2015, no surprise there. Find me someone calling him a racist in 2014 and I will be impressed.

You may have ducked out because the heat is getting too much in here for you. But I wanted to say sometimes one gets distracted  by the absurdity of bald faced lies like Trump didn't have any racist tendencies shown before 2015, and we all jump on that because its so easily proven, just as JD said, that one almost misses a glaring admission in the argument.  Rereading your posts,, you said...."He only became a racist when he ran for the Republican nomination". 

Like WTF?  We showed you examples of his racism before 2014.   To the point that even JD Vance called him a racist. But even IF he was a squeaky clean kumbaya politically correct businessman before that, and he only started being a racist when he ran for office...... That's okay with you? Anything after 2014, any racism does not count?

3....2.....1......."What I meant was it was the damn fake news media's fault for reporting the facts surrounding all the cases. No wonder JD got confused, and only later, when Trump tapped him to be VP, did he suddenly have an epiphany that up was down, and Trump is just a poor innocent misunderstood patriot."

Oh BTW, the latest example......(that I guess doesn't count because it is post-2014):

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-harris-presidential-election-polls-news-live-updates-b2624670.html

Donald Trump has launched a bigoted attack on migrants claiming they are predisposed to committing violent crimes because of “their genes” during an interview with Hugh Hewitt.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I've seen posts comparing him to emperor Palpatine and I don't really think that's fair 

One is a megalomaniacal, cruel man who doesn't mind ruining and ending lives for his personal gain whereas the other is emperor Palpatine 

Paypalatine is a moniker I've seen around the ol' interwebs. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 24K said:

Cause the president have discretionary funds allocated to the state department for foreign humanitarian needs.

The president however does not have a pot of money to give for FEMA without congressional authorization. 

Biden can't just shift budget allocation at his whim, this ain't like your personal bank account. 

God do we need civic test.

How well do you think education would work on these guys, honestly. I don't think@bolt has the capacity to learn. Just post memes, ignore the truth, ignore the fact check response, post the next meme.

What does @bolt care about facts, he'll have zero response to your post. 

2 hours ago, Cranston said:

These accusations you put forward came to light after 2015, no surprise there. Find me someone calling him a racist in 2014 and I will be impressed.

LOL

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

The newest bit of dipshittery from the right is that the US government intentionally created and guided hurricane helene in order for blackrock to secure a massive area of land via government control/eminent domain in order to pursue a lithium mine because they are forcing people to drive EVs

They are also now intentionally creating and guiding hurricne milton towards mar-a-lago because trump is going to expose them all and they need him silenced because the last 2 assassination attempts failed.

This is not a joke, this is almost making mainstream mention now because people actually believe this in the US and Canada on the right.

What, and I can not stress this enough; the actual fuck are they smoking on the current right?

Hogan's really let himself go.

RDT_20241007_1746257183200499489677957.jpg

• Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Scott Pelley Reveals Trump Campaign Demanded ‘Apology’ and Complained About Fact-Checking Before Canceling ’60 Minutes’ Interview

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scott-pelley-reveals-trump-campaign-demanded-apology-and-complained-about-fact-checking-before-canceling-60-minutes-interview/

Trump is physically unable to conduct an interview without lying....

This is why the lawyers in all of his criminal cases made certain he didn't take the stand. He would have perjured himself for sure...