US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 minutes ago, Cranston said:

If you think I'm a troll you don't know what a troll is.  I don't think Trump is a racist like half the US population.

So you think a presidential candidate is a great choice and should run if half of the countries citizens believe he’s a racist?

And yeah half the country does believe that based on decades of racist examples

But a large percent of the rest, the magats, actually agree with his racism, but they don’t like being called out for it. 

There may actually be a small percent of Trump supporters that are not inherently racist but are so far down the rabbit hole that they simply refuse to believe their own eyes and ears about their chosen candidate

maybe that describes where you are coming from

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Oh there's plenty more. 

Biden at the time had emerged as the Democratic party's crusader against busing, taking the same side as segregationists. Biden "joined up with Jesse Helms, the segregationist senator from North Carolina, to offer his own anti-busing amendment to that year's education spending bill." Biden's "advocacy made it safe for other Democrats to oppose busing," The Times reported.

Yeah I know about that one too.  Biden has spoken of those years.  Perhaps you missed it.

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I mean the View is trash. Joy Behar is a moron and Whoopie completely out to lunch. I am not for hating on women..but those women? Sure. 

yet somehow these out to lunch morons are talented and smart enough to build very successful careers before they even joined that show.  

without millions of their daddy’s money

without going bankrupt so many times the American banks won’t lend them money anymore

without committing fraud by falsifying business records resulting in 34 felonies

without selling useless narcissistic NFTs, gold sprayed sneakers and signed Bibles 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Even CNN admitted that Kamala needs to do more serious interviews. I’m not sure what she is trying to accomplish going on a sex podcast and on the Howard Stern show. Speaking of racists and POS’s, you know that Stern is a racist scumbag right? 

CNN and the rest are complaining cause they are not getting these interviews and the supposed ratings it comes with. 

It is access journalism and they are not getting access thus the bitching against Harris. 

One important reason why Harris ain't doing these interviews is cause these msm reach have already saturated. No one watching CNN, Fox, MSNBC constantly does not already know who they are voting for. 

I am annoyed at Trump for doing it but the one thing he campaign did well is go on these manosphere podcasts as that drive his biggest voter base in disillusioned non college educated white males. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 24K said:

i am annoyed at Trump for doing it but the one thing he campaign did well is go on these manosphere podcasts as that drive his biggest voter base in disillusioned non college educated white morans.

Fixed it for you. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 24K said:

CNN and the rest are complaining cause they are not getting these interviews and the supposed ratings it comes with. 

It is access journalism and they are not getting access thus the bitching against Harris. 

One important reason why Harris ain't doing these interviews is cause these msm reach have already saturated. No one watching CNN, Fox, MSNBC constantly does not already know who they are voting for. 

I am annoyed at Trump for doing it but the one thing he campaign did well is go on these manosphere podcasts as that drive his biggest voter base in disillusioned non college educated white males. 

Not to nitpick, but you probably could have left the word "college" out of that last sentence....:classic_cool:

48 minutes ago, kilgore said:

yet somehow these out to lunch morons are talented and smart enough to build very successful careers before they even joined that show.  

without millions of their daddy’s money

without going bankrupt so many times the American banks won’t lend them money anymore

without committing fraud by falsifying business records resulting in 34 felonies

without selling useless narcissistic NFTs, gold sprayed sneakers and signed Bibles 

Whoopie was great at what she did in early career. Nowadays, other than in The Stand, she is pretty much just a hater on the View with some whack views on some views. They appeal to a demo...it sure ain't me. Behar isn't dumb..just a rather moronic take on a lot of things...that said...people do fail upward all the time 😉 

4 hours ago, Cranston said:

MSNBC awaits, you are naturals.  Grab onto a sentence or sentence fragment, ignore both context the English language and the total point of it all, and run with it forevermore. Why don't you love me and my post since you think I said Trump became a racist in 2015? I should fit right in. 

IMG_0125.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I only just now caught this reported snippet from Woodward's book.  It's from an Associated Press article.

Biden regrets making Garland his AG because he didn't give his son a pass on his federal crimes that he's since been both found guilty of and plead guilty to.

Biden regrets choosing Garland as attorney general

Woodward reports Biden was privately furious with Attorney General Merrick Garland for appointing a special counsel to investigate Biden’s son Hunter in a tax-and-gun prosecution.

“Should never have picked Garland,” Biden told an associate, according to Woodward. The journalist did not name the associate.

Hunter Biden was convicted in June on federal gun charges and faces sentencing in federal court in Delaware in December. He pleaded guilty to federal tax charges in California and is also set to be sentenced in that case in December.

The Justice Department declined to comment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/woodward-book-reveals-trump-s-calls-with-putin-and-biden-s-private-remarks-on-obama-and-netanyahu/ar-AA1rUd2a?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b7957a9d51bf4939a25511fec6b10555&ei=21

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Haha I'd probably say the same thing if it was my kid. Important thing is he didn't get involved and let the law take its course. 

As I've said since Hunter went on the chopping block, I wouldn't blame Biden for pardoning Hunter even though he said he wouldn't. 

You can't let your kid languish in a federal prison cell for any length of time.

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

As I've said since Hunter went on the chopping block, I wouldn't blame Biden for pardoning Hunter even though he said he wouldn't. 

You can't let your kid languish in a federal prison cell for any length of time.

I don't know if I'd be strong enough to not pardon if I was in his shoes. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

I don't know if I'd be strong enough to not pardon if I was in his shoes. 

I wouldn't call it strong.  Honestly, it would be a dick move if he didn't pardon him.

Not sure if he can just commute his sentence to time served instead since Hunter hasn't actually been sentenced yet.

I would have to imagine that Hunter pleaded guilty to avoid the expense and attention of a trial with the understanding that he'd get a pardon from his father for his crimes.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Changed plead to pleaded because pled isn't a proper spelling and plead can be misread by a reader.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trump doesn't remember what he said 5 minutes ago. 

Highly possible...

His shtick is to say whatever pops into his tiny little brain, depending on who he's speaking to. A question about abortion when he's at a presser? "I'm leaving it to the states". But if that question is in some sort of gathering of Evangelicals, it's "I killed Roe v Wade"....

....and if he gets called on it, he'll deny he even said it, despite there being audio and video of him doing so...

• Cheers 2