US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

BTW, as much as I hate to admit it, I think Trump's conviction in NY state is going to get overturned....at least some of the counts, if not all of them.

The Appellate Court seemed highly skeptical of the prosecution's motivations and leaned heavily into the "who was harmed" argument, which I suppose means that it's okay to do illegal stuff as long as nobody complains? :classic_unsure:

Anyway, I doubt we'll hear anything definitive before the election, but I don't foresee Trump forking over a pile of cash when the dust settles and I think jail time is out of the question.

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

He always has seemed a 'manifest your own reality' type dude, cant say it doesnt work for him. He has pulled off the Emporers New clothes to his faithful.

He should change his cult name to Scientology. 

And it's exactly why he keeps doing it. It hasn't significantly hurt him so far, so why change?

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This is what's wrong with America. Money should not change how a law is applied. There should not be a second set of laws because you have money and lots of lawyers. 

This is why Trump should be made an example of. To show the rich can't get away with what they want. 

Noble principle but this is Merica we are talking about.

Trump will almost certainly never face a real consequence imo.

17 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

BTW, as much as I hate to admit it, I think Trump's conviction in NY state is going to get overturned....at least some of the counts, if not all of them.

The Appellate Court seemed highly skeptical of the prosecution's motivations and leaned heavily into the "who was harmed" argument, which I suppose means that it's okay to do illegal stuff as long as nobody complains? :classic_unsure:

Anyway, I doubt we'll hear anything definitive before the election, but I don't foresee Trump forking over a pile of cash when the dust settles and I think jail time is out of the question.

This is about the Trump organization ruling not Trump felon conviction. 

Not surprised NY court is against this cause like 100% of their real estate developer do this. Ceasepool of corruption in that city. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 24K said:

This is about the Trump organization ruling not Trump felon conviction. 

Not surprised NY court is against this cause like 100% of their real estate developer do this. Ceasepool of corruption in that city. 

Thanks for the update. Trump is involved in so many court cases, I can't keep them all straight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

He always has seemed a 'manifest your own reality' type dude, cant say it doesnt work for him. He has pulled off the Emporers New clothes to his faithful.

He should change his cult name to Scientology. 

Religion is the one type of 'business' he hasn't failed at....yet. 

• ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

As I've said since Hunter went on the chopping block, I wouldn't blame Biden for pardoning Hunter even though he said he wouldn't. 

You can't let your kid languish in a federal prison cell for any length of time.

Personally, I don’t think Hunter is too interested in a pardon.  I think he’s accepted the fact he made mistakes in his life , is truly sorry,  and realizes that part of his life is a point of reference to move from in a much better way.

it’s NOT like he incited an insurrection against the US of America, where people were killed from the direct actions and direction of that organized event.

That’s the “Sober” reality of it.

11 hours ago, 24K said:

Lol if Alaska turns blue. 

The more Putin flys his warplanes closer to or into IS airspace in that area ,.

The less popular Trump will become.

Alaskans do not want Putin as “friend” to  the US .  He IS that states existential threat.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I only just now caught this reported snippet from Woodward's book.  It's from an Associated Press article.

Biden regrets making Garland his AG because he didn't give his son a pass on his federal crimes that he's since been both found guilty of and plead guilty to.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/woodward-book-reveals-trump-s-calls-with-putin-and-biden-s-private-remarks-on-obama-and-netanyahu/ar-AA1rUd2a?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b7957a9d51bf4939a25511fec6b10555&ei=21

I saw the same article, but I interpreted it differently. It looked to me that Biden was frustrated because Garland appointed David Weiss as Special Counsel....a move that Biden (like many others at the time) likely thought heavy handed, considering the US court system's leniency towards cases concerning firearms and a tax evasion case where the back taxes and penalties had already been paid.

He might also (again, like many others) have been frustrated by Garland's slow walking of investigations into Donald Trump's crimes....

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I hear it pairs well with horsey paste.

Although I don't wish illness on anyone, even MAGA fans, I might be of the opinion that it's good that they find out what a charlatan MTG is.....even if they find out the hard way....

That being said, I doubt this mooves the needle much....

• Cheers 2

So it isn't just Woodward who says this happened.  The Kremlin admits that it happened.  So, TRUMP's denial is a lie.  Who knew a liar would lie.

https://www.axios.com/2024/10/09/trump-putin-covid-testing-equipment-kremlin

Kremlin refutes Trump denial on sending Putin COVID tests

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

So it isn't just Woodward who says this happened.  The Kremlin admits that it happened.  So, TRUMP's denial is a lie.  Who knew a liar would lie.

https://www.axios.com/2024/10/09/trump-putin-covid-testing-equipment-kremlin

Kremlin refutes Trump denial on sending Putin COVID tests

I read an article where a former FBI agent made another salient point, regarding the reported phone calls that Trump made to Putin as a private citizen....

Since Vlad is not a moron like Trump, it's a sure bet that those calls were recorded. Knowing Dolt 45's penchant for blurting out anything and everything, there's almost zero chance that the Russians don't have statements from Trump that they can use as leverage.

Trump is not only an idiot....his stupidity is dangerous....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Something about Darwin....

I  absolutely hate MJT but - as plausible as it sounds like something she would say - I can find no reference to her saying anything about milk related Jewish vaccination plots.

She does seem to think:   Raw Milk does a body good. Make America Healthy Again!  It doesn't and it won't.

https://newrepublic.com/post/186842/mtg-marjorie-taylor-greene-conspiracy-milk

I did not know this was a thing for MAGA's but apparently it is:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/03/10/the-alt-right-rebrand-of-raw-milk-00145625