US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Apparently Bone Spurs is planning on holding a rally at Madison Square Gardens on Oct. 27th.....

Now, I don't doubt that in a city the size of New York, there might be enough MAGA fans to fill MSG, but I wonder how they would stop discerning New Yorkers from attending "incognito" and then telling Hair Gropenfuhrer exactly what they think of him....

Make it happen NYC....

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I  absolutely hate MJT but - as plausible as it sounds like something she would say - I can find no reference to her saying anything about milk related Jewish vaccination plots.

She does seem to think:   Raw Milk does a body good. Make America Healthy Again!  It doesn't and it won't.

https://newrepublic.com/post/186842/mtg-marjorie-taylor-greene-conspiracy-milk

I did not know this was a thing for MAGA's but apparently it is:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/03/10/the-alt-right-rebrand-of-raw-milk-00145625

The post was from a satirical site.  Funny, sure.  Believable, perhaps.  Real, no

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The post was from a satirical site.  Funny, sure.  Believable, perhaps.  Real, no

But it did give me a chance to try out a couple of Dad jokes, so I'd say it was time well spent.

• Cheers 1

‘Potentially Fatal Decision’: CNN Interviews Florida Man Determined to Ride Out Hurricane Milton in His Boat

https://www.mediaite.com/news/potentially-fatal-decision-cnn-interviews-florida-man-determined-to-ride-out-hurricane-milton-in-his-boat/

Joseph Malinowski, who’s also known on the internet as “Lieutenant Dan” in reference to the Forrest Gump character, has vowed not to evacuate as the potentially catastrophic storm approaches. Despite the urging of multiple local officials, Malinowski is staying put.

3 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘Potentially Fatal Decision’: CNN Interviews Florida Man Determined to Ride Out Hurricane Milton in His Boat

https://www.mediaite.com/news/potentially-fatal-decision-cnn-interviews-florida-man-determined-to-ride-out-hurricane-milton-in-his-boat/

Joseph Malinowski, who’s also known on the internet as “Lieutenant Dan” in reference to the Forrest Gump character, has vowed not to evacuate as the potentially catastrophic storm approaches. Despite the urging of multiple local officials, Malinowski is staying put.

Reminds me of the guy who refused to evacuate before the eruption of Mount St Helens.....

Fun fact: The guy's name was Harry Truman. I guess the buck really did stop there....

On 10/5/2024 at 5:39 PM, Satchmo said:

Of all the dumb stuff being posted that one is truly the most inappropriate, thoughtless, crude, and cruel.

I found that truly disgusting. I don’t get a vote, but if I did, bolt would be banned for that. 

• Cheers 2

Republicans are all about "Free Speech" and the 1st Amendment....until someone says something they don't like:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/dangerous-fcc-puts-desantis-on-notice-over-threats-to-prosecute-florida-tv-stations/ar-AA1rZ3NP?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=f450b40e8fb04e30c3a2649dd67da1ff&ei=13

The Federal Communications Commission aimed at Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) Tuesday for his administration’s threats to criminally prosecute Florida television stations if they refuse to stop running a political advertisement supportive of a ballot measure that would expand abortion access in the Sunshine State.

“The right of broadcasters to speak freely is rooted in the First Amendment,” FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel said in a statement Tuesday. “Threats against broadcast stations for airing content that conflicts with the government’s views are dangerous and undermine the fundamental principle of free speech.”

The war of words erupted in response to a cease-and-desist letter the state Department of Health sent to television stations last week. The warning letter stems from a political ad featuring a woman who was diagnosed with brain cancer two years ago while pregnant with her second child, the Miami Herald reported.

In the ad, the woman says Florida’s six-week abortion ban would have prevented her from receiving a life-saving abortion, according to the publication.

Nearly a week after the state issued its warning, the ad continues to play. Attorneys representing a political action committee sponsoring the abortion ballot measure also issued a defiant legal letter in which they call threats by the DeSantis administration an “unconstitutional state action,” the Florida newspaper noted.

If the advertisement was not taken down within 24 hours, the general counsel for the state agency, John Wilson, said TV stations could face criminal prosecution, adding that “creating, keeping, or maintaining a nuisance injurious to health is a second-degree misdemeanor” under state law, according to the Herald.

Wanting to control what is allowed to be broadcast on Florda television.....nothing fascist about that, amirite? :classic_rolleyes:

How anyone could have thought this little twerp was a good candidate for POTUS is beyond me....

• Cheers 3

22 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I found that truly disgusting. I don’t get a vote, but if I did, bolt would be banned for that. 

And the kicker is, besides the crass use of it to make some kind of political comment,  the poster used it to bash a Democratic admin.  When it was a Republican admin that was in charge when 9/11 happened. Oh the ironing. After being warned for 9 months on, by the outgoing Clinton admin, the White House counter-terrorism chief Richard Clarke, and the CIA with a report titled "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US"  which Condeliza Rice, the SoS, admitted she hadn't even read

• ThereItIs 2

21 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Glad to see Trump is becoming the biggest Joke to the United States,   As he is to the World .

The lyrics were on point, but I just can't get over what a great job they did of sounding like S & G....the guy singing Artie's part was bang on....

Regarding the second vid, it's too bad we don't see more of the Mooch. He's one of the few who was on the inside, who tells it like it really is/was....

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Wtf !

I remember a few years back, reading an article that suggested Putin was the actual richest man on earth....

At $45k per recruit, that just might be true....

• ThereItIs 1