US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The Lord works in mysterious ways. 

Gee.....that's unfortunate....

I hope Eric got a chance to turn on the lights and the siren before that happened....:classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If there was ever a day to make a call with an anonymous false bomb threat ..

are there any phone booths around these days  ?! Lol

You know who's happy about this?

Reggie Miller and Bobby Clarke.....who will no longer be the most hated people to ever set foot in MSG....

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Poor guy just sitting around watching Kamala's interview blitz crying about every person/station that has her on. 

Trump spends most of his time sitting around Mar-a-Lago scrolling through Twitter and Truth Social while watching Fox, Newsmax, OAN and every other crackpot news source. But he also watches Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Myers and Steven Colbert. We know this because he frequently slams them. Kamala, on the other hand, is appearing on podcasts, at rallies, at meetings, talk shows, 60 Minutes and on radio. Howard Stern still has an enormous audience, and he isn't especially fond of Trump. Kimmel, Myers and 60 Minutes all have enormous audiences, too. Colbert, who devoted his whole show on October 8th to Kamala, also has a huge audience that she used very effectively last night. So on the one hand we have Trump, who is not interested in reaching beyond the boundaries of his dark, ominous fan base and who insists that America is some kind of dystopian hellhole crawling with illegal alien murderers, rapists and pedophiles, and on the other there is Kamala, who promotes unity, inclusion, lifting people up instead of slamming them down, moving forward and preserving democracy and the rule of law. Trump can piss and moan all he wants, but the way he is handling his campaign (or the way his campaign is handling him) has done nothing to win voters from outside his toxic flock of uninformed, toxic mouthbreathers who happen to have access to a computer keyboard and high-speed internet. Unless the completely unlikely happens and he has a sudden burst of energy, new and compelling policy arguments, and willingness to grow his base, he will literally be the author of his own defeat. And I am here for it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

If there was ever a day to make a call with an anonymous false bomb threat ..

are there any phone booths around these days  ?! Lol

I think thousands of Kamala supporters should grab half the tickets and make it a sell out.  Trump will be so inflated with his own ego, and be tweeting out left and right about the crowd size. 

Then, just as he's starting his speech, en mass, they all stand up, boo and walk out.  That might just put him permanently over the edge.

• Vintage 2

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Personally, I don’t think Hunter is too interested in a pardon.  I think he’s accepted the fact he made mistakes in his life , is truly sorry,  and realizes that part of his life is a point of reference to move from in a much better way.

it’s NOT like he incited an insurrection against the US of America, where people were killed from the direct actions and direction of that organized event.

That’s the “Sober” reality of it.

If I were Joe, I wouldn't care what Hunter wanted.  I'd draw up the pardon/commutation.  I may not be a parent, but it would break my heart to see any of my family in prison, especially if I could do something about it.

Edited by Sabrefan1

Democrats in North Carolina filed a bill to extend the voter registration deadline and allow absentee ballots a few more days to arrive in light of the devastation wrought by the hurricane. Republicans unilaterally voted it down-- even though western NC is one the most Republican-voting portions of the state.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

60 minutes is literally fake news...   🤣

If so, this would not be the first time in 60 Minutes' illustrious career that they've screwed up.  Their lifetime stats are still pretty good though and it would not be the first time questionable edits have been made.

It Seems Fox News Edited Trump Interview to Help Him Sound Normal

A new Fox interview with Donald Trump has some obvious edit cuts.

"Fox and Friends has to tape and edit the hell out of Trump’s interview as usual. They can’t go live with him anymore because he’s a deranged rambling mess, so they have to clean everything up as best they can with edits."

https://newrepublic.com/post/182164/fox-news-edited-trump-interview

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Cranston said:

The first answer made it sound like Net was listening, the second made it sound like he was not?

The first answer was so bad they had to literally change it to a different answer.  That is the literal definition of fake news.

I actually don't blame Trump for not going on 60 minutes again.  They would have just changed all his answers to what they wanted to hear.

Whatever happened to simply reporting the news, like when Walter Cronkite was around?  Why is every news organization on BOTH sides a propaganda arm of their respective parties?  

2 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Oh no.  Wake me when CBS has to pay out a 9 figure settlement for spreading actual fake news.

Not sure why you don't think this is bad or trying to dismiss it by comparing it to something else which is equally bad or even worse.  This was blatant manipulation of an interview.  Also, where is the apology from this now proven fake news organization?

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

If so, this would not be the first time in 60 Minutes' illustrious career that they've screwed up.  Their lifetime stats are still pretty good though and it would not be the first time questionable edits have been made.

It Seems Fox News Edited Trump Interview to Help Him Sound Normal

A new Fox interview with Donald Trump has some obvious edit cuts.

"Fox and Friends has to tape and edit the hell out of Trump’s interview as usual. They can’t go live with him anymore because he’s a deranged rambling mess, so they have to clean everything up as best they can with edits."

https://newrepublic.com/post/182164/fox-news-edited-trump-interview

Does it not concern you that CBS and Fox News can do this type of stuff seemingly without any punishment whatsoever?

Also, taping and editing an interview is completely different than actually changing an answer to a question.  Kamala's interview on CNN with Tim was over 60 minutes long, but CNN only showed 18 minutes, obviously they cut out the parts they didn't like.  However, when you change an actual answer to a question, that goes beyond editing.  That is actual fake news as the answer to a question has literally been changed.  That's considered fraud IMO...

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not sure why you don't think this is bad or trying to dismiss it by comparing it to something else which is equally bad or even worse.  This was blatant manipulation of an interview.  Also, where is the apology from this now proven fake news organization?

It's bad.  Truly bad. It's just not as bad as some would like it to be just because Harris was involved (as an apparently unwilling participant).

CBS has yet to speak.  No doubt their lawyers are first pouring over the response.

Shit happens in the 21st century. Where's your comment of Fox's edit of Trump's interview?