US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Does it not concern you that CBS and Fox News can do this type of stuff seemingly without any punishment whatsoever?

Also, taping and editing an interview is completely different than actually changing an answer to a question.  Kamala's interview on CNN with Tim was over 60 minutes long, but CNN only showed 18 minutes, obviously they cut out the parts they didn't like.  However, when you change an actual answer to a question, that goes beyond editing.  That is actual fake news as the answer to a question has literally been changed.  That's considered fraud IMO...

Let me know when you start posting about Trump/Pierre and his media arm the same way you do about Harris/Trudeau and their media arms and we'll believe your concerns are credible

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

It's bad.  Truly bad. It's just not as bad as some would like it to be just because Harris was involved (as an apparently unwilling participant).

CBS has yet to speak.  No doubt their lawyers are first pouring over the response.

Shit happens in the 21st century. Where's your comment of Fox's edit of Trump's interview?  

Are you sure she was an unwilling participant?  We don't know what happened after the interview was done.  Did Harris ask to change the answer?  We don't know that.

I already commented on Fox News, they are as fake as CBS...

Just now, Warhippy said:

Let me know when you start posting about Trump/Pierre and his media arm the same way you do about Harris/Trudeau and their media arms and we'll believe your concerns are credible

Let me know when you post about Harris/Trudeau and their media arms the same way you do about Trump/Pierre and their media arms and we'll believe your concerns are credible...

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Are you sure she was an unwilling participant?  We don't know what happened after the interview was done.  Did Harris ask to change the answer?  We don't know that.

I already commented on Fox News, they are as fake as CBS...

No, we don't know I suppose and we can jump to our preferred conclusions.  For some, that is a license to freely speculate and say what ever they wish or to quote Tucker Carlson by saying: "I'm just asking..." 

Ain't free speech grand?

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

You know who's happy about this?

Reggie Miller and Bobby Clarke.....who will no longer be the most hated people to ever set foot in MSG....

16 hours ago, kilgore said:

I think thousands of Kamala supporters should grab half the tickets and make it a sell out.  Trump will be so inflated with his own ego, and be tweeting out left and right about the crowd size. 

Then, just as he's starting his speech, en mass, they all stand up, boo and walk out.  That might just put him permanently over the edge.

On this same topic ..

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No, we don't know I suppose and we can jump to our preferred conclusions.  For some, that is a license to freely speculate and say what ever they wish or to quote Tucker Carlson by saying: "I'm just asking..." 

Ain't free speech grand?

JAQ.....AKA "jaqqing off". A common tactic....

What I find amusing about this is the faux outrage from people who claim not to be Trump supporters.....OMG! They aired a different version of Kamala's answer! :frantic:

Meanwhile, there is zero mention of the fact that Trump chickened out of the appearing on the same show....:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Let me know when you post about Harris/Trudeau and their media arms the same way you do about Trump/Pierre and their media arms and we'll believe your concerns are credible...

Cute.

Note how I don't jump down the rabbit hole of claiming media are x or y, or how i don't keep sharing twitter stories from insanely questionable and biased (and honestly disgusting) sources?

When I start posting the same types of things then you'll have a leg to stand on.  But much like reality, you're the one posting the questionable sources with questionable captions for questionable reasons from a single side of the political divide.

I'll also remind you that I keep stating that if 37 media arms all show the exact same thing 4 minute video one person "person" finds 1 magical video that is only seconds long but justifies their position; the likelihood is that said single source is almost certainly pushing a false narrative with a clipped video whereas 37 other media sources all have the exact same thing because that is what actually happened.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

On this same topic ..

This seems eerily familiar

The speaker does everything except say hit him, beat him up a little, really knock him around I'll pay your legal bills.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Cute.

Note how I don't jump down the rabbit hole of claiming media are x or y, or how i don't keep sharing twitter stories from insanely questionable and biased (and honestly disgusting) sources?

When I start posting the same types of things then you'll have a leg to stand on.  But much like reality, you're the one posting the questionable sources with questionable captions for questionable reasons from a single side of the political divide.

I'll also remind you that I keep stating that if 37 media arms all show the exact same thing 4 minute video one person "person" finds 1 magical video that is only seconds long but justifies their position; the likelihood is that said single source is almost certainly pushing a false narrative with a clipped video whereas 37 other media sources all have the exact same thing because that is what actually happened.

Notice how you didn't even acknowledge my post that CBS changed an answer to a question and proved they are fake news, and went into immediate defence mode by bringing up Drumpf and now bringing up how I supposedly always post fake news as well?  It's a common tactic of yours which I already know is coming every time you quote me.  But I'm used to it and I don't have an issue with it because I know at the end of the day you are a good poster, and we can agree to disagree on things without getting pissy with each other...

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Notice how you didn't even acknowledge my post that CBS changed an answer to a question and proved they are fake news, and went into immediate defence mode by bringing up Drumpf and now bringing up how I supposedly always post fake news as well?  It's a common tactic of yours which I already know is coming every time you quote me.  But I'm used to it and I don't have an issue with it because I know at the end of the day you are a good poster, and we can agree to disagree on things without getting pissy with each other...

What do I need ot acknowledge?  They did it?  it's wrong.  If it's clear and obvious it doesn't need addressing because we can all see and it's wrong.

What defence mode?

Pointing out hypocrisy and bias is not defence of anything.  it is merely highlighting the obvious.  If anyone is getting "pissy" it isn't me dear.  I have long stated that I love pointing this stuff out.  If it bothers you address the reasons why 

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What do I need ot acknowledge?  They did it?  it's wrong.  If it's clear and obvious it doesn't need addressing because we can all see and it's wrong.

What defence mode?

Pointing out hypocrisy and bias is not defence of anything.  it is merely highlighting the obvious.  If anyone is getting "pissy" it isn't me dear.  I have long stated that I love pointing this stuff out.  If it bothers you address the reasons why 

You didn't say anything about it before, so at least you said it now.  Thanks for being honest about it.

Read the last two pages and see what other posters had to say about it.  Did you see them say what you just did, or were they brushing it off as no big deal?

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You didn't say anything about it before, so at least you said it now.  Thanks for being honest about it.

Read the last two pages and see what other posters had to say about it.  Did you see them say what you just did, or were they brushing it off as no big deal?

They are not part of the conversation we are currently having so why would I bother?  They are not wrong in pointing out that this happened, but hey look at all the times the other sides media teams have done the same.

This is the hypocrisy I speak of.  When we see the current administration in Canada or the US engaging in the same acts, tactics and behaviours as we are seeing in the opposition I will address it the same way.

Until then, I refuse to accept or believe there are "fine people on both sides" or that both sides are doing the same things because a one off is not a consistent pattern of behaviour.

For the record, Harris' first answer was not even that bad.  Everything people defame her for in regards to answering questions or interviews are the EXACT same things they refuse to admit or say about trump even though the equivalent would be Harris tapping loudly on your window where as trump would be throwing a load of bricks though it in terms of volume. 

More ducking and dodging from the Chubby Chicken....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/uspolitics/trump-rejects-fox-news-invite-to-debate-harris-in-late-october/ar-AA1rZxPs?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=64cd62dda15d4544edb2e525defded1b&ei=38

Republican former President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he will not debate Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris, hours after Fox News invited the two presidential contenders to participate in a possible second debate on either Oct. 24 or Oct. 27.

Trump and Harris debated each other for the first time on Sept. 10. Trump has said there would not be another debate before the Nov. 5 election. He rejected a past invitation from CNN for an Oct. 23 debate, accepted by Harris.

"THERE WILL BE NO REMATCH," Trump said on his Truth Social platform. "SO THERE IS NOTHING TO DEBATE."

Dolt 45 must still be smarting from the ass-whooping he took in the last debate....he won't even take Kamala on when he has home field advantage....:classic_laugh:

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I just looked back over the last few pages and saw no one brushing it off as no big deal.  I did see some, like myself, wondering if all the virtuous outrage existed only because Harris was involved.  I thought the comment about CBS never being sued for hundreds of millions for fraud was funny enough to be warranted.

And yes, I saw your reply saying Fox is just as bad and we need a new Cronkite.  Still, the timing and target of all the outrage is a bit suspect.

So, it's interesting to note that Trump's appeal of his fraud case was heard this week and completed this morning and there was no mention of it.  The feedback from Twitter is that it is not only going to be completely reversed but the prosecution may face sanctions for bringing such a case forward.  There is video of the proceedings where the judges talk about this.

I'm on record as saying it will be completely reversed.  We will see what happens...

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

So, it's interesting to note that Trump's appeal of his fraud case was heard this week and completed this morning and there was no mention of it.  The feedback from Twitter is that it is not only going to be completely reversed but the prosecution may face sanctions for bringing such a case forward.  There is video of the proceedings where the judges talk about this.

I'm on record as saying it will be completely reversed.  We will see what happens...

I don't know why anyone expects anything else. Trump has some weird teflon shield around him, he can openly commit treason and no one seems to be able to do anything. 

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's already been posted a couple of times in this thread. The general consensus is that it will be overturned. Thanks Kreskin. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't know why anyone expects anything else. Trump has some weird teflon shield around him, he can openly commit treason and no one seems to be able to do anything. 

There was no victim in this case.  The money was paid back with interest.  Trump overvaluing his Mar-A-Lago property had no influence on him getting the money because the banks would have done their own due diligence by hiring appraisers among other things.  Trump had already done 21 other transactions with these banks with all the money being paid back with interest.  This was brought into evidence. 

Not only is the case going to be overturned, but the judges were also talking about the possibility of the prosecutors' facing sanctions for bringing the case to court in the first place.  The prosecutors mentioned the sanctions in their closing arguments and asked the judges not to sanction them.  That is wild...

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There was no victim in this case.  The money was paid back with interest.  Trump overvaluing his Mar-A-Lago property had no influence on him getting the money because the banks would have done their own due diligence by hiring appraisers among other things.  Trump had already done 21 other transactions with these banks with all the money being paid back with interest.  This was brought into evidence. 

Not only is the case going to be overturned, but the judges were also talking about the possibility of the prosecutors' facing sanctions for bringing the case to court in the first place.  The prosecutors mentioned the sanctions in their closing arguments and asked the judges not to sanction them.  That is wild...

its kind of an indictment of how the US operates, if you can over and under inflate values and get away with it. But if it's legal it's legal I guess. Or I guess thats why they call it due diligence, if a bank doesn't bother to check then tough beans I suppose. 

What would happen to you up here if you did this with your real estate holdings? 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its kind of an indictment of how the US operates, if you can over and under inflate values and get away with it. But if it's legal it's legal I guess. Or I guess thats why they call it due diligence, if a bank doesn't bother to check then tough beans I suppose. 

What would happen to you up here if you did this with your real estate holdings? 

In over 25 years, I’ve never had a bank give me money to buy real estate without a proper evaluation of the property being done by the lender. It just doesn’t happen.  Also, if you are dealing with the same bank over and over again and you keep repaying your loans and mortgages with interest, they will consider you a VIP client whereby you will get perks from the bank. All the major banks have this same platform. 

It’s almost impossible to defraud a bank. I would argue it’s the banks who defraud the public really. 2008 happened because the banks and Wall Street were running a Ponzi scheme. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1