US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

An incredible thread to read actually,

sorry too long to post here..

but continues on to say Trump is going to States of strength to rally his followers angry to rise up in violence .

Not much difference than the NAZI Party rally in Madison Square Gardens NYC years ago.

• Cheers 2

On 10/8/2024 at 7:31 AM, bishopshodan said:

Totally disagree.

His speeches only work on certain dimwits ( thanks to the US education system ) and he avoids any interviews that will fact check him.

It's stunning to me that poeple make statements like you did here. He lies soo much that he can fudge his way through interviews, when he even does them. Is that being 'good' at interviews? I could do a great interview on rocket science if I got to make shit up as I go...

His debates in 2016, both Republician primary & against Clinton won him the election. Is TDS this strong?

I'm surprised that your stunned by that. How do you think he won then? A fringe minority voted for him? Russia hacked the election? 

Im not debating his compulsive lying, but in 2016 he was like a comedian running circles around the tired old politicians.

I'm surprised this is even controversial. So again then how did he win? A minority vote in a democracy doesn't exist (or does it)

Edited by Smashian Kassian

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

His debates in 2016, both Republician primary & against Clinton won him the election. Is TDS this strong?

I'm surprised that your stunned by thay. How do you think he won then? A fringe minority voted for him? Russia hacked the election? 

He was clearly severely mentally handicapped at that time as well.

On 10/8/2024 at 7:47 AM, 4petesake said:

I stand corrected.

“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things.” (Asked on Morning Joe who his foreign policy consultants are, March 16, 2016)

After I beat them, I’m going to be so presidential, you’re going to be so bored, you’re going to say, this is the most boring human being I’ve ever interviewed.” (Interview on “Fox News Sunday” April 3, 2016)

“I have borrowed, knowing that you can pay back with discounts... . Now, we’re in a different situation with the country. But I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal. And if the economy was good, it was good. So, therefore, you can’t lose.” (CNBC, May 6, 2016)

“First of all, you never have to default because you print the money, I hate to tell you, OK? So there’s never a default.” 

“I’m the king of debt. I understand debt better than probably anybody. I know how to deal with debt, so well. I love debt.” (CNN, May 9, 2016)

“I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election—if I win.” (Rally in Delaware, Ohio, October 20, 2016)

“He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured, OK?” (Donald Trump on Senator John McCain at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, on July 17, 2015)

???

On 10/8/2024 at 7:33 AM, Satchmo said:

Seriously?   Have you not heard the guy ramble, repeat himself, mispronounce words, and completely lose whatever train his thoughts were in during his rallies?

As for interviews, I watched a Youtube video of some of his interview answers.  The comment section had this gem:

My idea for a new quiz show: the host reads trump's answer, and the contestants have to guess what the question was.

Yes I have. I literally said he's too old for this in the post you quoted.

Man, TDS has really destroyed any possibility of legitimate conversation in this thread. Trump killed a homerun election victory (post assassination attempt) by rambling. He can't control himself. He craves praise, he operates for himself & others praise. America doing well off is 2nd to people praising him. He's a narcissist through & through. Is that okay for you?

Now just like Trump, her brain doesn't function properly. And unlike Trump/Biden she doesn't have age to blame. She is awful. I'm not coming into this thread praising Trump, yet any criticism of Kamala is treated as if your a Trump supporter.

She's bad. I don't know what else to tell you. She's had so much runway to improve & she still can't formulate proper sentences off script.

She's either mentally lacking (like Trump) or a puppet that can't give answers off script because she stands for nothing, but you'd think if it was the latter she'd have been coached enough to give passable responses. So the logical conclusion is it's either the former or a combo of both. Ultimately she's just bad at this.

This race on both sides is worse than 2016 & 2020 imo

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This isn't an explanation/response, this is a Colbert show punchline.

It's possible to look at why he won & still oppose him vehemently. 

It's actually a Carlin quote, and that's the reason that Trump was elected.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

It's actually a Carlin quote, and that's the reason that Trump was elected.

So by your own logic how are the (supposed majority) of people who love Carlin & appreciated Trumps no filter/comedian comments in 2016 going to suddenlg switch to Kamala's unprincipled / brainless comments in 2024?

Unless your a expecting another Trump victory?

I don't think this consistently explains my question of how Trump won.

7 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

6 hours ago, 4petesake said:

If you ride upon the tiger you can never get off. They get hungry…

Too funny, they always eat their own. Never mind that it’s coming from this guy who has been a major supporter of Trump’s campaign - “Stewart Peters is an American alt-right internet personality, white nationalist, political commentator, Holocaust denier, and conspiracy theorist. He is known for promoting COVID-19 misinformation and conspiracy theories, as well as anti-LGBTQ, antisemitic, and white supremacist beliefs.

MAGAs Tell Trump to ‘Control His Wife’ After Melania Comes Out as Pro-Choice, ‘If He Can’t Manage His Wife, He Can’t Manage This Country!’

IMG_6187.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm surprised that your stunned by that. How do you think he won then? A fringe minority voted for him? Russia hacked the election? 

Im not debating his compulsive lying, but in 2016 he was like a comedian running circles around the tired old politicians.

I'm surprised this is even controversial. So again then how did he win? A minority vote in a democracy doesn't exist (or does it)

Again...His speeches only work on certain dimwits and he avoids any interviews that will fact check him.

He lies soo much that he can fudge his way through interviews, when he even does them. Is that being 'good' at interviews? I could do a great interview on rocket science if I got to make shit up as I go...

If Clinton didn't have the email scandal and calling the  dimwits a 'basket of deplorables', Trump would not have won. It wasn't his masterdebater performance. What he does well is repeat lies and talk at a grade 4 level. 

My TDS ( thanks for that champ) has nothing to do with the fact that the dude is not what you pump him up to be. He's a cult leader, using tricks such as stimulating fear, anger, and greed to get attention. Those same human emotions/triats are what your internet algorithms target. After reading many of your posts, you seem to lap it up. This is the part that Russia may have played a role. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

A minority vote in a democracy doesn't exist (or does it)

Except when it does due to the way the Electoral College works. Trump lost the popular vote by almost 3 million votes, but won enough of the Electoral votes to win the Presidency. The minority vote in a democracy literally won.

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Do you want everything to be live again? Like the Sid Caesar show?

60 Minutes taped a bunch of people talking and then prepared 3 segments (or was it 4?) for broadcast.  Editing occurred, just like it does every 60 minutes episode.

60 Minutes is a pretty good show right? Piles of Emmys and other awards.  Of course, they do run into shit like this every once in a while.  That's show biz for you.

Was the last time Dan Rather or last month, or last year? Maybe as the wind blows? End justifies the means. Fair enough to criticize Trumps lies but not so on the other side? 

37 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Was the last time Dan Rather or last month, or last year? Maybe as the wind blows? End justifies the means. Fair enough to criticize Trumps lies but not so on the other side? 

What did Kamala lie about?

Edited by bishopshodan

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yes I have. I literally said he's too old for this in the post you quoted.

Man, TDS has really destroyed any possibility of legitimate conversation in this thread. Trump killed a homerun election victory (post assassination attempt) by rambling. He can't control himself. He craves praise, he operates for himself & others praise. America doing well off is 2nd to people praising him. He's a narcissist through & through. Is that okay for you?

Now just like Trump, her brain doesn't function properly. And unlike Trump/Biden she doesn't have age to blame. She is awful. I'm not coming into this thread praising Trump, yet any criticism of Kamala is treated as if your a Trump supporter.

She's bad. I don't know what else to tell you. She's had so much runway to improve & she still can't formulate proper sentences off script.

She's either mentally lacking (like Trump) or a puppet that can't give answers off script because she stands for nothing, but you'd think if it was the latter she'd have been coached enough to give passable responses. So the logical conclusion is it's either the former or a combo of both. Ultimately she's just bad at this.

This race on both sides is worse than 2016 & 2020 imo

The difference is that she isn't compromised the way trump is with Putin. That should be enough to steer clear of him all on its own.