WooHoo $60M (Short Term, Opportunity Closes at 11PM Today)

11 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

I erase the Canuck years for Messier and then can say, without throwing up, "one of the best to play the game."

Even adding in the Canuck years, still can't take away his accomplishments. Endless gallons of ink have been spilled on all sides of this debate so will simply say that given an opportunity right now PA / JR would trade for the 1990 - 1994 version of Mess in a heart beat. But alas we live in the real world not @Alflives empties infused alternate reality so a farcical argument. 

Thanks for the chance at the big pay day but alas I can’t erase the Canuck years so he who won’t be named can still stick it.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, AAA said:

I really hope we don't overpay for either player.

I do think Petey needs a winger, but we can't afford a massive contract nor can we afford to give away any more assets.

Guentzal would be amazing tho..

In PA and JR we trust!!

I mentioned this in a different thread a while back....

If I were in charge (and people are welcome to be glad that I'm not) I would hold off on acquiring a winger for Petey and concentrate on keeping guys like Z, Myers, DJ and Blueger. Lindy too, if you can make it work....

I think the team, as it is currently constructed, is good enough to be in the playoffs again. Petey can play with Hogs to start and see how that goes....Hoglander may even take another step next season and cement himself as a top 6 winger....

Then, once the TDL rolls around, I would look at adding a rental....maybe someone like Travis Konecny, Carter Verhaghe, Kyle Palmieri or Brock Nelson, who will all be pending UFA's.....

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Sending some good vibes to PA / JR in building our Stanley Cup wining team this coming year. So close, yet so far!!!!! Canucks were the better team but sadly injuries prevailed - which is part of the playoff hockey.

I have a good feeling about the following:

Big Zeke gets resigned

Lindholm gets resigned

Dak (sadly) is replaced by Podz

D-Petey / Willander will step up and contribute

Donkey will solidify into a solid 6 most of the time and play 7th fiddle when needed

Honker gets resigned (FUCK WHAT THAT WASTE OF SKIN and usage of public sewage Frank S says)

... one winger will come in to help Petey (flame away here but I don't think it is Necas, my bet is Gunner)

Unless there is a massive deal that swings the pendulum the Canucks way I see Mik starting the season but not finishing it with the Canucks. It doesn't matter how you start the season but whether you are in the SCF at the end thus I think Mik will be given time to rehab himself and build up trade value then the proverbial punt. Now if Mik goes on a heater, all bets are off.

In the spirit of supporting our Beloved Canucks, I present a chance at sharing $60M

Usual rules apply (I decide who gets what, must post here in this thread to be considered, yadadaada) and the members of my ignore list will get a free lunch at their nearest Walmart McDonalds (to a max of $20 all in). 

Post here for your thoughts, flames, general FUCK THE WORLD comments, what have you ... 

image.png.40c381c7df8894c986afe4e19f10fff8.png

Feels Episode 8 GIF by MacGruber

• Cheers 1

I really don't care who they cut ties with.  Our important pieces are locked up.  I don't want to see anymore of the Boston type people that come here and get huge contracts and do nothing.  (He shall not be named)

I don't mind if we take some chances on people and let players like Hronek go elsewhere.  Lindholm would be nice, but not at the expence of not getting any help for Petey and the Third and Fourth lines.

Just have to be patient and see what happens.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Haven't read the thread but this is encouraging...

Makes a lot of sense to keep both these guys. The club and players can’t be that far off the member needed for extensions. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Can we assume that we let Hronek go we can afford Z and Lindholm. If so this is a no brainer . We can then also keep DJ. Do l qualify for 1%.

I'm down with this, if its between the two I'd much rather have Z than Honker

• Like 2

On 6/5/2024 at 11:52 PM, PistolPete13 said:

Sign this guy, and don’t trade Brock

IMG_1034.gif

IMG_4174.gif

Looks like the Canucks dropped the ball again

Erm puck but whatever, heard He won't be re-signed, this franchise is getting worse, I've been a fan since 1970 something and it's making me sick to my stomach, I know there's no perfect teams out there but we keep taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back over and over, and it's getting us nowhere fast! 

Yeah it's great to have a entertaining reg season but getting nowhere in the post season EVER is beyond tiresome.

I try to keep positive but I'm tired of this garbage! Management needs to build a team with the kind of players RT wants, tougher, skilled, and fast. That wins a cup, it always has and it always will. 

The closest we ever got to a cup was with teams like that! We can't continue building reg season teams and expect to win a cup, we need a playoff built team exactly like RT would love to have, anything less will keep us middling mediocre. 

52 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Erm puck but whatever, heard He won't be re-signed, this franchise is getting worse, I've been a fan since 1970 something and it's making me sick to my stomach, I know there's no perfect teams out there but we keep taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back over and over, and it's getting us nowhere fast! 

Yeah it's great to have a entertaining reg season but getting nowhere in the post season EVER is beyond tiresome.

I try to keep positive but I'm tired of this garbage! Management needs to build a team with the kind of players RT wants, tougher, skilled, and fast. That wins a cup, it always has and it always will. 

The closest we ever got to a cup was with teams like that! We can't continue building reg season teams and expect to win a cup, we need a playoff built team exactly like RT would love to have, anything less will keep us middling mediocre. 

We exceeded expectations by a ton this year, got within one win of the western final, have an awesome coach, awesome management, exciting players….. and you say ‘I’m tired of this garbage.’ ‘This franchise is getting worse.’ ‘…getting nowhere in the postseason.’ Just relax a bit and have patience, you make it sound like we are the sharks lol.

1 hour ago, iceman1964 said:

If you are tired,stop watching.Easy

On 6/14/2024 at 1:33 AM, Pianoman said:

We exceeded expectations by a ton this year, got within one win of the western final, have an awesome coach, awesome management, exciting players….. and you say ‘I’m tired of this garbage.’ ‘This franchise is getting worse.’ ‘…getting nowhere in the postseason.’ Just relax a bit and have patience, you make it sound like we are the sharks lol.

Exceeding expectations is one thing but building a playoff team is quite another, the reason why we lost is exactly what I'm talking about and we just lost a important piece, we get pushed around, take bad penalties and down the ship goes. 

Had we had a bit better of a balanced team then that wouldn't have happened, it's obvious and if you missed it, you missed it, simple.

This isn't new, at all, look at all our best teams in our history, way more balanced by a country mile and look where it almost got us. 

Those are the teams we need to be more like and if that were so the RT would be bouncing off the boards in excitement... Me too! 

Go back and have a look at the rosters of those teams, no way did those teams get pushed around! NOT EVEN CLOSE! 

In fact, for 6 games the Bruins were almost afraid to touch the puck in fear of getting hit hard, sadly in the last game for whatever reason we took the foot off the gas and lost. 

Get a team balanced like that again and we can get somewhere.

Expectations for the team this year weren't exactly high, people to start off the season, media included were HOPING we'd do well so that wasn't a huge stretch. 

You can say whatever you like, unless we balance out the team, next season won't be much different. 

Losing Zads was a bigger blow than most people think, he was part of the balance we needed, so again, how are moves like that helping us any? Simply put, it's not. 

On 6/14/2024 at 2:30 AM, Lemon Face said:

If you are tired,stop watching.Easy

Yeah that's exactly it, unless I see a lot better moves made by management, I have better things to do with my time. If they start to balance out our team better by building it slowly and surely, I'd be happy to come back and watch. 

IF by chance JR saw what some of us saw as a glaring problem and actually does something about it, that would rock the show but if he doesn't, oh well.. not the end of the world, I hope he does, I'm not convinced yet but I hope he does, that would be some fresh air that we NEED! 

20 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Yeah that's exactly it, unless I see a lot better moves made by management, I have better things to do with my time. If they start to balance out our team better by building it slowly and surely, I'd be happy to come back and watch. 

IF by chance JR saw what some of us saw as a glaring problem and actually does something about it, that would rock the show but if he doesn't, oh well.. not the end of the world, I hope he does, I'm not convinced yet but I hope he does, that would be some fresh air that we NEED! 

If you think that JR is not able to see what you see power to you brother.I just dont understand why common fans trying to compare them self  with people who won cup few times,and spent there whole life building winners.Search me

9 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

If you think that JR is not able to see what you see power to you brother.I just dont understand why common fans trying to compare them self  with people who won cup few times,and spent there whole life building winners.Search me

Well JR had a completely different team then, it was nothing like ours, plus we just lost Zadorov, keeping him would have been keeping to the point of balance, that was hardly a step in the right direction of that. 

Zads gone is a HUGE loss, pun intended!  

I'm not a common fan either, I've played on teams who were tougher bigger country kids and we took on smaller less balanced teams and destroyed them, I know exactly what that is like, it boosts your confidence, nevermind having opposing teams not take liberties on your best players is like. 

Edited by iceman1964