WooHoo $60M (Short Term, Opportunity Closes at 11PM Today)

27 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Well JR had a completely different team then, it was nothing like ours, plus we just lost Zadorov, keeping him would have been keeping to the point of balance, that was hardly a step in the right direction of that. 

Zads gone is a HUGE loss, pun intended!  

I'm not a common fan either, I've played on teams who were tougher bigger country kids and we took on smaller less balanced teams and destroyed them, I know exactly what that is like, it boosts your confidence, nevermind having opposing teams not take liberties on your best players is like. 

First Zadorov is not gone yet.Second JR build these teams.He can build this one.

1 hour ago, Lemon Face said:

First Zadorov is not gone yet.Second JR build these teams.He can build this one.

No? Zadorov's wife posted on social media that this was their last days in Vancouver and they were packed and leaving.

So why would she post that? 

1 hour ago, iceman1964 said:

No? Zadorov's wife posted on social media that this was their last days in Vancouver and they were packed and leaving.

People go on vacation.Agent do business.For someone who played hockey,you dont have clue about many things.Good luck with your vacation.

11 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

She is very sad. She loves it here and knows it’s the best city to raise her kids. Likely friends with Miller’s wife and kids are all friends. 
This is why the deal with Big Z will get announced this weekend. Big Z is not Horfat Wallet. He values his family and their needs. 

11 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

Bro my cousin just went on vacation and posted a pic on FB saying Goodbye Vancouver.....I guess he's not coming back....Show's how much he loves his mom, punk!

Edited by Canuck You

On 6/15/2024 at 11:55 PM, Lemon Face said:

People go on vacation.Agent do business.For someone who played hockey,you dont have clue about many things.Good luck with your vacation.

Had nothing to do with vacation? Where did you come up with that? 

18 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

Had nothing to do with vacation? Where did you come up with that? 

Guy is rich.What do you think,he will seat in Vancouver after season end.There is no Canucks players  in Vancouver now.Hronek deal is done,without him been here.Where do you pick all your info?You know as much i do ,or any other media outlet,who making money ,off empty calculation.They also said Hronek will be traded.That much about knowledge.Update is there ,maybe you should check.

Edited by Lemon Face

On 6/19/2024 at 2:24 AM, Lemon Face said:

Guy is rich.What do you think,he will seat in Vancouver after season end.There is no Canucks players  in Vancouver now.Hronek deal is done,without him been here.Where do you pick all your info?You know as much i do ,or any other media outlet,who making money ,off empty calculation.They also said Hronek will be traded.That much about knowledge.Update is there ,maybe you should check.

Do you understand why losing Zads would upset me? Probably not but let me tell you this, watching our teams over the years since almost day one of this franchise get beat up on, that's the mentality of the other teams in this league is lean on us physically and we'll fall like a rock and we have, time after time after time, and it's been so frustrating, the best teams we ever had were the most balanced teams with skill and toughness. 

Losing a guy like Zads which don't just fall off trees everywhere would be a step back, he was a huge help for us this year, especially against the Preds, they were bent on hitting us into oblivion. 

You can slam me.all you want for all I care because obviously I don't care but I'm way past tired of a great regular season team that gets "pushed" out, that makes my blood boil. 

Plus we need a guy like Zad's at forward to put with Petey so other teams know better than to mess with him or they'll pay dearly, maybe not that big as long as it's someone who can play a good game but also say screw with our best paid guy and you will not like the consequences and send a BIG message across the league that they'll hear.

Like Anson Carter with the twins, as soon as he was gone, it was open season, especially in the playoffs where it counted the most. 

Hence our best teams were the best balanced and we almost won cups, that's the reason I'm so addiment about it.

That's all, nothing more, nothing less. If we lose Zads, that will suck and definitely won't help anything. 

And as for Hron, what the media says in Vancouver with trading him? Screw that, I don't.. simply that, I can't stand the bush league media in Vancouver and I never have. They can say whatever they want, doesn't mean it's true. Way more often than not, they have been wrong time and time again. 

43 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Do you understand why losing Zads would upset me? Probably not but let me tell you this, watching our teams over the years since almost day one of this franchise get beat up on, that's the mentality of the other teams in this league is lean on us physically and we'll fall like a rock and we have, time after time after time, and it's been so frustrating, the best teams we ever had were the most balanced teams with skill and toughness. 

Losing a guy like Zads which don't just fall off trees everywhere would be a step back, he was a huge help for us this year, especially against the Preds, they were bent on hitting us into oblivion. 

You can slam me.all you want for all I care because obviously I don't care but I'm way past tired of a great regular season team that gets "pushed" out, that makes my blood boil. 

Plus we need a guy like Zad's at forward to put with Petey so other teams know better than to mess with him or they'll pay dearly, maybe not that big as long as it's someone who can play a good game but also say screw with our best paid guy and you will not like the consequences and send a BIG message across the league that they'll hear.

Like Anson Carter with the twins, as soon as he was gone, it was open season, especially in the playoffs where it counted the most. 

Hence our best teams were the best balanced and we almost won cups, that's the reason I'm so addiment about it.

That's all, nothing more, nothing less. If we lose Zads, that will suck and definitely won't help anything. 

And as for Hron, what the media says in Vancouver with trading him? Screw that, I don't.. simply that, I can't stand the bush league media in Vancouver and I never have. They can say whatever they want, doesn't mean it's true. Way more often than not, they have been wrong time and time again. 

But you base your opinion from what you read from that same media.In your mind Zad is already lost.And that is not true.This is not Bening rain anymore.You have competent FO now.And i do understand importance of Zadorov here.What i dont understand why you think he is gone.Negotiations are never easy.You dont trade for guy and then let him go.i dont slam you or anyone else.

On 6/25/2024 at 2:55 AM, Lemon Face said:

But you base your opinion from what you read from that same media.In your mind Zad is already lost.And that is not true.This is not Bening rain anymore.You have competent FO now.And i do understand importance of Zadorov here.What i dont understand why you think he is gone.Negotiations are never easy.You dont trade for guy and then let him go.i dont slam you or anyone else.

I didn't get it from the media sir, it was on his wife's social media, my Mrs noticed it, however signing Petey for huge dollars and then Hron at a big price, it's not making things easier since you know Zads would need a raise, highly doubtful he'd stay for the same money, he did extremely well as time went on and got used to the systems, as any player would, plus his D partner(s) options. 

I just hate the idea of losing him, especially since he turned his offensive game up a big notch, getting some well timed goals.

Do you think we can afford to re-sign him?  Unless we don't sign TM then we could simply replace salary for salary (ish)  

Edited by iceman1964

56 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

I didn't get it from the media sir, it was on his wife's social media, my Mrs noticed it, however signing Petey for huge dollars and then Hron at a big price, it's not making things easier since you know Zads would need a raise, highly doubtful he'd stay for the same money, he did extremely well as time went on and got used to the systems, as any player would, plus his D partner(s) options. 

I just hate the idea of losing him, especially since he turned his offensive game up a big notch, getting some well timed goals.

Do you think we can afford to re-sign him?  Unless we don't sign TM then we could simply replace salary for salary (ish)  

Mik just got traded.4.75 free money.I am trying to tell you.Its not over till is over.

16 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

Mik just got traded.4.75 free money.I am trying to tell you.Its not over till is over.

Yeah just got wind of that, I certainly hope so, keep Josh and Zads is doing nothing but helping our cause, I just cringe when we get pushed around, I remember the 2012 team, now that, I think was one of our best rosters ever, lots of speed, skill, and toughness but not enough depth and we paid for it.

That's all.. nothing more, I guess your right, maybe I'm way jaded already to doubt that anyone is ever going to get us there. 

I'm just tired of a team that's built for the regular season and not the grueling tough playoffs, we've had that a lot and if we'd been a bit tougher and not muscled out in the first round, I wouldn't be saying any of this. You get that right? 

In my mind, if we could be the size of the Preds with more skill than that, that, in my mind would be a team to bet on or as close to that as possible. 

Obviously plus depth, injuries.hqppen. 

I still think we're a couple of years away from that at best but getting closer I suppose..  but you get where I'm coming from though?

According to cap friendly, we have 17.54 left with Poolman LTIR.

We traded Mik and Laffy but Podz can easily take over Laffy's spot

Guys still unsigned from the playoff team are Lindholm, Zadorov, Myers, Cole.

I would think Z signs for approx 4.25

Myers would be great at 2.75 and i think that is doable

Cole or his replacement will be about 2.5

I think we can get those 3 signed for 9.5m total. Management have been great with all their signings so far.

That leaves about 8m for either Lindholm or his replacement.

They may even roll the dice and forgo a Cole replacement and slot in Juulsen at 6D and have Friedman as the 7D both signed to cheap 775k contracts

Karlsson would then be the 13th forward at 775k

If thats the case, they'll have 9.25m to go after a forward.

While I'd love for them to make a splash with a big signing like Guentzel or lindholm, i dont know how much i like Juulsen at 6D and Friedman at 7D.  They are better off being 7 and 8D although Juulsen did play great during soucy's injury last year. it seems he plays better with more regular ice time.  Do we have anyone on the farm better than Friedman in case there is an injury in the top 6?

If Z and Cole take 4m and 2M, we could either convince JG to sign at 8.75 OR sign Lindholm to 7.5 and have 1.25 to spend at the deadline?

28 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Yeah just got wind of that, I certainly hope so, keep Josh and Zads is doing nothing but helping our cause, I just cringe when we get pushed around, I remember the 2012 team, now that, I think was one of our best rosters ever, lots of speed, skill, and toughness but not enough depth and we paid for it.

That's all.. nothing more, I guess your right, maybe I'm way jaded already to doubt that anyone is ever going to get us there. 

I'm just tired of a team that's built for the regular season and not the grueling tough playoffs, we've had that a lot and if we'd been a bit tougher and not muscled out in the first round, I wouldn't be saying any of this. You get that right? 

In my mind, if we could be the size of the Preds with more skill than that, that, in my mind would be a team to bet on or as close to that as possible. 

Obviously plus depth, injuries.hqppen. 

I still think we're a couple of years away from that at best but getting closer I suppose..  but you get where I'm coming from though?

We didnt get outmuscled, we got screwed by the refs starting with the Nashville series.

How many late hits did they get away with on Hughes? There were plays where he reversed the puck in one corner and then skated behind and around the net and out the other side looking for a return pass and he would still get drilled like 3 seconds after he got rid of the puck  30 feet away. Pretty sure Rome got 4 games for being a fraction of a second late...

Petey got crapped on the entire playoffs. Like that after goal celebration in Nashville or the phantom "charging" call on the reverse hit in Edmonton

How many Slewfoots did Kane get away with on Hughes?

Nutshot on Hogz. The list goes on. They were blatant cheap shots all not called or Canucks getting the short end of the stick if they amped up physicality (Soucy suspension)

We more than held our own physically. We hit them harder and more frequently within the rules of the game. We cant help that the zebras are blind.

I would love to run it back with this team.

I do think we are the better team than Florida or Edmonton with a healthy Demko, a healthy Petey, a healthy Boeser and fair reffing.

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

We didnt get outmuscled, we got screwed by the refs starting with the Nashville series.

How many late hits did they get away with on Hughes? There were plays where he reversed the puck in one corner and then skated behind and around the net and out the other side looking for a return pass and he would still get drilled like 3 seconds after he got rid of the puck  30 feet away. Pretty sure Rome got 4 games for being a fraction of a second late...

Petey got crapped on the entire playoffs. Like that after goal celebration in Nashville or the phantom "charging" call on the reverse hit in Edmonton

How many Slewfoots did Kane get away with on Hughes?

Nutshot on Hogz. The list goes on. They were blatant cheap shots all not called or Canucks getting the short end of the stick if they amped up physicality (Soucy suspension)

We more than held our own physically. We hit them harder and more frequently within the rules of the game. We cant help that the zebras are blind.

I would love to run it back with this team.

I do think we are the better team than Florida or Edmonton with a healthy Demko, a healthy Petey, a healthy Boeser and fair reffing.

Read it in the history of the franchise over the years.. and we got out muscled in the Preds series, we were fortunate just to get past them in particular.

3 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

Read it in the history of the franchise over the years.. and we got out muscled in the Preds series, we were fortunate just to get past them in particular.

You say fortunate. I say well deserved