[Speculation] Insider: Offers To Be “Pouring In” For Chris Tanev; Days in Dallas Numbered?

16 minutes ago, fuzzy said:

I may be in the minority here but I think Tanev is overrated. Hughes can make any schlub look serviceable and average player look like an allstar. Why spend 4+ mil on the aging ghost of Chris Tanev? 

Well how did QHs do with Luke Schenn?

14 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Well how did QHs do with Luke Schenn?

He made him look good enough to get a 3 year 8.25 mil deal from Nashville after being a salvaged from the minors.

• ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, tas said:

open your eyes and ears. look at how every single teammate, coach and manager he's ever had raves about him. 

this isn't a videogame. character matters. chris tanev is the epitome of the professional you want in the dressing room. 

how are canucks fans still so blind to what they had for a decade?

Dude is pushing 35 and was walking on one leg last week.  We let him go 5 years ago because he was getting injured all the time.  Do you really want to give him a $5 million 3-4 year deal now at age 35?

• ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Dude is pushing 35 and was walking on one leg last week.  We let him go 5 years ago because he was getting injured all the time.  Do you really want to give him a $5 million 3-4 year deal now at age 35?

yes. 

(though I don't know that that would be necessary)

Edited by tas

The Tan Man is a fan favourite.  We all love him and I hope he gets a decent contract with

2 or 3yrs term.  Just not in Vancouver.

Going forward, I am hoping that (if they can't sign Hronek), they go for Matt Roy.  He would

be a very good match for Hughes.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, tas said:

yes. 

(though I don't know that that would be necessary)

Did you watch 35 year old Ian Cole in the playoffs this year?  Cole is a two time Stanley Cup champion, unlike Tanev and even he was overwhelmed and quite frankly our worst defenseman in the playoffs including Juulsen.  Hard pass on Tanev unless he wants to come here on a 1 year deal similar to Cole...

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, fuzzy said:

I would rather spend draft capital on Adam Larsson or 

Zub

Zub or Larsson would be perfect for Hughes.  Larsson is a UFA next summer, Seattle is probably still trying to build a team.  I'm sure they will trade Larsson prior to next year's deadline...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Zub or Larsson would be perfect for Hughes.  Larsson is a UFA next summer, Seattle is probably still trying to build a team.  I'm sure they will trade Larsson prior to next year's deadline...

Larsson only has a 4mil caphit. I would seriously target him this off-season and extend him 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Did you watch 35 year old Ian Cole in the playoffs this year?  Cole is a two time Stanley Cup champion, unlike Tanev and even he was overwhelmed and quite frankly our worst defenseman in the playoffs including Juulsen.  Hard pass on Tanev unless he wants to come here on a 1 year deal similar to Cole...

observing one human to analyze an entirely different one seems like sound logic. keep at 'er. 

9 minutes ago, tas said:

observing one human to analyze an entirely different one seems like sound logic. keep at 'er. 

Can you tell me which 35-year-old NHL Dmen excelled in this year's playoffs?  Josi, Ekholm, Pietrangelo, Burns?  You are talking about the elite of the elite.  Also, those guys are as durable as they come unlike Tanev.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Can you tell me which 35-year-old NHL Dmen excelled in this year's playoffs?  Josi, Ekholm, Pietrangelo, Burns?  You are talking about the elite of the elite.  Also, those guys are as durable as they come unlike Tanev.

Yet another reason why we need to keep 26 year old Hronek and 29 year old Zadorov. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yet another reason why we need to keep 26 year old Hronek and 29 year old Zadorov. 

Zadorov yes.  Hronek only if he takes a reasonable offer.  If he wants $8 million, then he needs to be traded and we need to trade for guys like Artem Zub or Adam Larsson...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Zadorov yes.  Hronek only if he takes a reasonable offer.  If he wants $8 million, then he needs to be traded and we need to trade for guys like Artem Zub or Adam Larsson...

Love to get Larsson. Garland for Larsson. Keep Hronek and Big Z.

H, H

Z, L

S, M

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Cole is a far better dman than Juulsen (at this point).  The problem was, that Tocc overplayed

him in the regular season, so he started showing the wear and tear in the 2nd round.  Imo, they

should have had Juulsen playing more games during the final month of the season to provide

some downtime for Cole.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah. People want Tanev because of who he WAS. Watched Tanev a bit. He's not as mobile as he used to be. Can't overpay someone based on their past.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

The Tan Man is a fan favourite.  We all love him and I hope he gets a decent contract with

2 or 3yrs term.  Just not in Vancouver.

Going forward, I am hoping that (if they can't sign Hronek), they go for Matt Roy.  He would

be a very good match for Hughes.

I agree Roy would be the best RHD for us to sign if we traded Hronek 

3 hours ago, tas said:

open your eyes and ears. look at how every single teammate, coach and manager he's ever had raves about him. 

this isn't a videogame. character matters. chris tanev is the epitome of the professional you want in the dressing room. 

how are canucks fans still so blind to what they had for a decade?

There's a point where the level of actual play doesn't keep up to the character though. He'll always be a warrior on the ice and character guy, but for what the rumoured offers are, he has to be able to do more than be loved in the locker room and block shots.

We all loved Tanev in his time here and it would be great to have him back - just not at that price.

• Upvote 3

Atlantic Division Team Making "Hard Push" For Chris Tanev 

Dave Litman Saturday, June 08, 2024 

After his gutsy playoff performance further cemented his warrior status on the blueline, Chris Tanev will be in demand this offseason as an unrestricted free agent—if the Dallas Stars don't somehow find a way to re-sign him before July 1st.  

Our recent report earlier this week noted that the offers will be "pouring in" for Tanev, and now we're hearing that one of them could be from the Ottawa Senators, who aren't giving up the chase for Tanev.  

Bruce Garrioch wrote in the Ottawa Citizen this week that the Sens will be targeting Tanev, which is consistent with the "hard push" they made for him back in January from the Calgary Flames. The understanding is that he wouldn't waive his no-trade clause to go to Ottawa at the time. At his advanced age (in hockey terms, of course), it's expected that Tanev would want to go to a Stanley Cup contender. 

One new wrinkle that could make Tanev soften his stance on Ottawa, however, is that he was a trusted d-man in Vancouver under then Canucks-coach and new Senators head coach Travis Green for several years. Ottawa is still in need of another solid veteran right-shot defenseman, and their interest in Tanev hasn't waned at all since January. 

First, though, it all depends on what Dallas is able to come up in talks to keep the shot-blocking blueliner. He stated after the season that he loved his time in Big D and would like to stay, so the first move is Dallas's. If they fall short, as Garrioch says, "the Senators will make a push."

Tanev blocked over 200 shots this past season, and still leads the Stanley Cup playoffs this year with an incredible 73 blocks in 19 games. He was a vital fixture in the Stars' top-four on defense for their playoff run.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/06/atlantic-division-team-making-hard-push.html

• Confused 1