I just watched Top Gun 2

On 6/9/2024 at 4:31 PM, gwarrior said:

Never saw the first one. So I've never watched the second one.

youre missing out on one of the most iconic movie theme songs ever

• Upvote 1

On 6/9/2024 at 8:22 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Here's a secret.

a) I didn't see the sequel, because I don't agree with the cult Cruise is a part of, so I don't want any money indirectly going to them.

(I've stopped seeing any of his movies since Mission Impossible II.)

b) I did see the original. And I love F-14's. New fighters are just meh.

c) I have not seen any of the Jurassic Park movies. None. Nada. I like Crichton's books, Steven Spielberg and Sam Neill. But I just wasn't interested.

I'd probably be cheering for the dinosaurs to wipe humanity out.

That's too bad, because the first 2 Mission Impossible movies were the weakest ones. Every one since has been a great-to-fantastic action flick (IMO, each is better than the last, which is very uncommon for sequels).

You can't go to any movie without some of your dough ending up in nefarious hands. (If not a niche cult, how about corporate lobbyists, or  supporting the campaign to elect a felon as President?). I prefer not to worry about what I can't control.

Edited by D-Money
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, D-Money said:

I prefer not to worry about what I can't control.

You could control where you spend your money. If everyone did that we would have better and more accountable products/industries.

But I know you were not talking to me.

I simply dont understand the attraction to Cruise. He's too wierd of a dude for me, its the same dude in every movie, and that dude seems like anything but an alpha. He's like a try-hard, that misses the mark imo. 

He's been miscasted in most movies alot imo too. Interview with a vampire and jack reacher are maybe the two best examples. Way missed the mark on physicality alone. 

• Cheers 1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:35 AM, MeanSeanBean said:

It was the single greatest piece of film ever created. Just felt it was important I said this on a public forum. So yeah. I dunno. AMA I guess?

I wouldn’t go that far but Tom Cruise never fails to entertain and definitely the best action movie I’ve seen in years 

when I saw it in the theatres when it came out, everyone clapped at the end and you could hear the buzz, it was loved. 

I hope he can keep making great entertainment. Doesn’t seem like much comes out of Hollywood that gets people excited anymore.

If you haven’t seen edge of tomorrow that’s a great one too, as was American made. He’s a great entertainer. 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

44 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I wouldn’t go that far but Tom Cruise never fails to entertain and definitely the best action movie I’ve seen in years 

when I saw it in the theatres when it came out, everyone clapped at the end and you could hear the buzz, it was loved. 

I hope he can keep making great entertainment. Doesn’t seem like much comes out of Hollywood that gets people excited anymore.

If you haven’t seen edge of tomorrow that’s a great one too, as was American made. He’s a great entertainer. 

I was mostly being dramatic, but I did really enjoy the movie. I haven't seen edge of tomorrow, I'll watch that!

• Cheers 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:10 PM, bishopshodan said:

You could control where you spend your money. If everyone did that we would have better and more accountable products/industries.

But I know you were not talking to me.

I simply dont understand the attraction to Cruise. He's too wierd of a dude for me, its the same dude in every movie, and that dude seems like anything but an alpha. He's like a try-hard, that misses the mark imo. 

He's been miscasted in most movies alot imo too. Interview with a vampire and jack reacher are maybe the two best examples. Way missed the mark on physicality alone. 

Tom Cruise Cool Story Bro GIF

On 6/14/2024 at 9:42 PM, Goose said:

youre missing out on one of the most iconic movie theme songs ever

I'm about a couple of weeks late visiting this thread, but did it take your breath away?

:hurhur: