I just watched Top Gun 2

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

If your wife is ‘down’ with both, then that’s all recommendations any person needs to watch both those popcorn flixs. 

Only thing people are missing out on is the big cinema experience. It was awesome by the way. 

I watched both of them in the theatre.  The second one obviously had a much better cinematic experience because of the new technologies.  However, the original IMO was a better movie with better acting and a better overall script to the movie...

• Wiener 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I watched both of them in the theatre.  The second one obviously had a much better cinematic experience because of the new technologies.  However, the original IMO was a better movie with better acting and a better overall script to the movie...

Yes. The first one was clearly the best!

The soundtrack itself was GOAT. 

It was new and played into the awesomeness of most of us being kids. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Cheers. 

But how did you avoid watching the first one all these years? 

lol

Here's a secret.

a) I didn't see the sequel, because I don't agree with the cult Cruise is a part of, so I don't want any money indirectly going to them.

(I've stopped seeing any of his movies since Mission Impossible II.)

b) I did see the original. And I love F-14's. New fighters are just meh.

c) I have not seen any of the Jurassic Park movies. None. Nada. I like Crichton's books, Steven Spielberg and Sam Neill. But I just wasn't interested.

I'd probably be cheering for the dinosaurs to wipe humanity out.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Here's a secret.

a) I didn't see the sequel, because I don't agree with the cult Cruise is a part of, so I don't want any money indirectly going to them.

(I've stopped seeing any of his movies since Mission Impossible II.)

b) I did see the original. And I love F-14's. New fighters are just meh.

c) I have not seen any of the Jurassic Park movies. None. Nada. I like Crichton's books, Steven Spielberg and Sam Neill. But I just wasn't interested.

I'd probably be cheering for the dinosaurs to wipe humanity out.

image.gif.233a4f9a1974d3d72b1ff5a2e7f325fb.gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, gwarrior said:

Never saw the first one. So I've never watched the second one.

The first one is a classic, but it's incredibly cheese and objectively not very good. The second one was actually unreal good. Admittedly without nostalgia for the first one it probably doesn't hit as hard. But Danger Zone being played on a single french horn or chello during dramatic moments. Chefs kiss.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Nope.  Sean Bean wasn't in either film so by default, it can't be the greatest.

🙂

Probably for the better, he would have definitely been on a plane crash half way through the movie.

• Haha 2

Tom Cruise Goose GIF by Top Gun

For anyone who's keen to watch the original Top Gun, I dare you to play the drinking game my wife and I made came up with (probably not the first)

Drink when

-Danger zone plays, obviously

-Someone thumbs ups

-Someone high fives 

-Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer have sexual tension

The last one if a biggie, you will very quickly realize how much primal sexual chemistry those lads have the entire movie.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Tom Cruise Goose GIF by Top Gun

For anyone who's keen to watch the original Top Gun, I dare you to play the drinking game my wife and I made came up with (probably not the first)

Drink when

-Danger zone plays, obviously

-Someone thumbs ups

-Someone high fives 

-Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer have sexual tension

The last one if a biggie, you will very quickly realize how much primal sexual chemistry those lads have the entire movie.

:hurhur:

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yes. The first one was clearly the best!

The soundtrack itself was GOAT. 

It was new and played into the awesomeness of most of us being kids. 

My kid's nickname on his baseball team became "Iceman" because he always looked calm and collected on the mound.  When we started doing walk-up songs for at bats he chose the Top Gun Anthem.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

The first one is a classic, but it's incredibly cheese and objectively not very good. The second one was actually unreal good. Admittedly without nostalgia for the first one it probably doesn't hit as hard. But Danger Zone being played on a single french horn or chello during dramatic moments. Chefs kiss.  

My thoughts exactly

• Cheers 1