[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

He's more than a 3C though. Historically, he's been a 1 or 2C on teams, it's just how we were utilizing him last season. Ideally for next year, I'd like to see 3 balanced lines sharing the workload, plus a 4th line. With our travel schedule, we really need a balanced approach to offense.

I've already previously spoke of this. It's a great idea in theory, but how does that work in practice if we don't have enough quality wingers to roll 3 lines. The idea of having 3 balanced lines is great, until Mikheyev and Lafferty are flanking your superstar young center.

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I've already previously spoke of this. It's a great idea in theory, but how does that work in practice if we don't have enough quality wingers to roll 3 lines. The idea of having 3 balanced lines is great, until Mikheyev and Lafferty are flanking your superstar young center.

If we re-sign Lindholm, as it stands... this is what we'd have...

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Lindholm-Pettersson

Podkolzin-???-Garland

PDG-Aman-Karlsson

I'd say we're ok.  If we can't move Mikheyev, there is a scenario where we are cap compliant, but it means Juulsen is our 6th D for next year.

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Suter-Garland

PDG-Aman-Karlsson

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Soucy-Juulsen

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-???-Garland

PDG-Aman-Karlsson

I'd say we're ok.  If we can't move Mikheyev, there is a scenario where we are cap compliant, but it means Juulsen is our 6th D for next year.

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Suter-Garland

PDG-Aman-Karlsson

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Soucy-Juulsen

Does this factor in the 2.5mill Poolman LTIR?

Posted (edited)

This seems like a pretty reasonable offer on both ends for term and cap. That is if Lindholm wants to stay as opposed to looking for more money elsewhere. I get the feeling (and hope) that Lindholm will stay and understand the opportunity he has here.

Also signing Lindholm to this deal would be a clear indication he'll play C and Pettersson will move/share C with Lindholm. I'm hoping we can re-sign Blueger to play 3C and hopefully Raty can make the leap to play 4C.

Edited by ngoway
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We'll just have to wait and see what happens in 6 to 7 years.  I really don't think any teams plan 6 to 7 years down the road.  Way too many moving variables. 

What if the cap goes up exponentially now that Utah is in the mix and not Arizona? 

What if we draft a stud rookie late in the 1st round and he's on an ELC 6 years from now? 

What if Miller and/or Lindholm only regress to be 60 point centres? 

What if we find that we have a young winger that becomes a stud (ie. Lekkerimaki) and we move Petey back to middle so we end up trading Miller or Lindholm in the next 3 or 4 years? 

What if we land a top notch college kid that flourishes into a top 6F? 

What if the Canucks win a Cup between now and then? 

What if, what if, what if? 

There's WAY too many variables to worry about 6 to 7 years from now.  Think about where the Canucks were 6 to 7 years ago.  Heck, look at where the Avs were in 2016-17... a LOT happens in that time frame. 

I agree, there are a lot of what if's.... both pro's and con's

Looking ahead, the Cap should continue to rise and in theory everyone will be making more which I get.

Money aside. My worry is more about term of contracts, I feel we're going to be stuck with a lot of 34+ age players four years out

and be a little to old and slow to keep up. We kinda saw that happen to Dallas this postseason, they're older players seemed to run outta gas. IMO

I like Lindholm and feel 7 million for him is a get for our club. I think it comes down to how he's deployed more than anything.

Perhaps Miller plays wing with Petey again and Lindy plays with Boeser or some variation of that, 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We'll just have to wait and see what happens in 6 to 7 years.  I really don't think any teams plan 6 to 7 years down the road.  Way too many moving variables. 

What if the cap goes up exponentially now that Utah is in the mix and not Arizona? 

What if we draft a stud rookie late in the 1st round and he's on an ELC 6 years from now? 

What if we find that we have a young winger that becomes a stud (ie. Lekkerimaki) and we move Petey back to middle so we end up trading Miller or Lindholm in the next 3 or 4 years? 

There's WAY too many variables to worry about 6 to 7 years from now.  Think about where the Canucks were 6 to 7 years ago.  Heck, look at where the Avs were in 2016-17... a LOT happens in that time frame. 

What if it means we win the cup next year... ? 😄

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-???-Garland

PDG-Aman-Karlsson

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Suter-Garland

PDG-Aman-Karlsson

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Soucy-Juulsen

By all accounts (besides I mac) Zadorov has priced himself out and will be hitting the UFA market. Speculation is that he wants 6x6. 

34 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Agreed 100%

• Cheers 1

If Lidnholm is signed I think both of Mikheyev with Hoglander as a sweetener and Garland need to be traded to make room to still bring in atop 6 winger. Team seems reluctant to give Garland top 6 ice time and 4.95m is too much for a 3rd line winger imo anyway

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Viking said:

If Lidnholm is signed I think both of Mikheyev with Hoglander as a sweetener and Garland need to be traded to make room to still bring in atop 6 winger. Team seems reluctant to give Garland top 6 ice time and 4.95m is too much for a 3rd line winger imo anyway

So subtract 2 scoring wingers for one? 

23 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I agree, there are a lot of what if's.... both pro's and con's

Looking ahead, the Cap should continue to rise and in theory everyone will be making more which I get.

Money aside. My worry is more about term of contracts, I feel we're going to be stuck with a lot of 34+ age players four years out

and be a little to old and slow to keep up. We kinda saw that happen to Dallas this postseason, they're older players seemed to run outta gas. IMO

I like Lindholm and feel 7 million for him is a get for our club. I think it comes down to how he's deployed more than anything.

Perhaps Miller plays wing with Petey again and Lindy plays with Boeser or some variation of that, 

Makes total sense to worry about that.  Just not sure what our alternative is... do we not sign any older players with concerns that they will age?  Not sure if  that's a reasonable approach.

19 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

By all accounts (besides I mac) Zadorov has priced himself out and will be hitting the UFA market. Speculation is that he wants 6x6. 

When you say "by ALL accounts"... I'm assuming you're still referring to 1 or 2 media outlets?

• Cheers 1

Out of all the free/restricted agents we have, I'd still put Lindholm at the top. The difference with and without Lindholm in the top six will really be felt.

With Lindholm

Pettersson - Lindholm - Trade/FA
Hoglander - Miller - Boeser
Podkolzin Trade/FA - Blueger (if resigned) - Garland
PDG/Aman - Raty (if ready) - Trade/FA

Hughes - Hronek/Trade/FA
Zadorov (if resigned) - Trade/FA
Soucy - Myers

Demko
Silovs

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Maybe this would be the long-term plan

? - Miller - Boeser

Pettersson - Lindholm - ?

Suter - 9 - 6
40 - 23 - Hoglander/ Lekkerimaki

If we keep Zadorov, replace at least part of Hronek's offense and find a couple next Joshuas we'll be in pretty great shape.

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

When you say "by ALL accounts"... I'm assuming you're still referring to 1 or 2 media outlets?

Just pretty much every insider who has commented on it and zadorovs agent himself who says contract talks progressing is "fake news". 

2 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Just pretty much every insider who has commented on it and zadorovs agent himself who says contract talks progressing is "fake news". 

Friedman said the Canucks aren’t far off just today…

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

They're all just speculating as well.  Nobody has given any concrete information.  His agent saying contract talks progressing is fake news has nothing to do with what the numbers are.  Realistically, the number is somewhere between $4.5M and $6M.