[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

Just now, Rekker said:

I'd take Lindholm all day, every day. Center depth is everything. 

And we have Miller and Petey who are both far superior wingers than Geuntzel. Tocchet IMHAO must be in the Lindy camp. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if management tries to sign Lindholm and still get an impact winger.

Rumour has it they’re trying to move more than one contract. Wouldn’t surprise me if Mikheyev is moved along with Garland.

Would be great if we could get off the full 10 mil (almost) of Garland and Mik. Then use that space to get Guentzel. Rather have Guentzel than both those guys. Then have Hogs and Pods play the Garlsnd and Mik minutes. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Would be great if we could get off the full 10 mil (almost) of Garland and Mik. Then use that space to get Guentzel. Rather have Guentzel than both those guys. Then have Hogs and Pods play the Garlsnd and Mik minutes. 

Guentzel Miller Boeser

Pettersson Lindholm Hoglander

Joshua Blueger Podkolzin

Still hopeful we get something done with Joshua. But that’s the type of depth we need to take the next step.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Man.. that's quite the deal. Kinda doubt it's even enough to get it done, but more than I'd personally be wanting us to spend on him. I'm really mixed on this, I hope he holds off and signs for money. Unless he can come back and show he can work with Petey next year, I hate the idea of spending 7m on a 3C

He’s not ideal for a 3C for sure. I always felt like if you’re bringing back Lindholm then Pettersson would be a winger which is fine because he’s never been great at faceoffs. I’ve heard the guys on 650 say just don’t look at it as lines and more deployment. If Petterssons on the 1rst line, Millers on the 2nd line and Lindholm on the 3rd line but each guy is playing 19 minutes a night then your playing your premium assets the same amount of time.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Guentzel Miller Boeser

Pettersson Lindholm Hoglander

Joshua Blueger Podkolzin

Still hopeful we get something done with Joshua. But that’s the type of depth we need to take the next step.

Love this top six. It’s very rare that the key plays aren’t why a club wins the Cup. JR and PA said we need to improve our top six. They need to do exactly that. Your top six is what I’m hoping our management is shooting for. 

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

There's a question! I imagine they are both aiming for the same type of contract (8x7). Both are the same age (Guentzel a few months older in fact).

If the number is basically the same, who would you prefer?

Guentzel will be more productive but come playoff time I think Id lean having another top C

I'd lean Lindy 

• Cheers 3

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And we have Miller and Petey who are both far superior wingers than Geuntzel. Tocchet IMHAO must be in the Lindy camp. 

Are they? In my view, both seem better suited to be centers (for somewhat different reasons), while JG has an excellent track record for multiple teams as a winger.

I'd love to resign Lindy. But in a cap world, I'm not sure signing Lindy -- and forcing one of Petey or Miller to be a winger -- trumps spending that cap space on a natural winger and allowing Petey & Miller to both excel at center.

Just now, syntheticity said:

Are they? In my view, both seem better suited to be centers (for somewhat different reasons), while JG has an excellent track record for multiple teams as a winger.

I'd love to resign Lindy. But in a cap world, I'm not sure signing Lindy -- and forcing one of Petey or Miller to be a winger -- trumps spending that cap space on a natural winger and allowing Petey & Miller to both excel at center.

Petey and Miller are both 100 plus point layers who are defensively sound. Not too sure why anyone would argue Gentzel is in their level of great players? 

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

So did  he turn it down?

just go 7x 8 yrs

get it done 

our window is like 5 yrs 

Exactly! Hi the extra year. Term shouldn’t be a concern. 
Hopefully our owner is keeping his nose out of hockey business. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Petey and Miller are both 100 plus point layers who are defensively sound. Not too sure why anyone would argue Gentzel is in their level of great players? 

I don't think you can just look at points here. Moving Miller back to the wing changes his role. If we've learned anything about him it's that he seems much better utilized taking on the added defensive responsibilities that come with being a center.  And part of Petey's value (and why he was offered 11.6m per) is surely tied to his commitment to also playing a two way game that takes on some of the added responsibilities that come from centering a top line.

My point is this: Resigning Lindy, instead of adding a natural winger to complement Petey, comes at a cost --- not only in cap dollars, but also in forcing the team into a non-optimal deployment of others. 

Edited by syntheticity
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Man.. that's quite the deal. Kinda doubt it's even enough to get it done, but more then I'd personally be wanting us to spend on him. I'm really mixed on this, I hope he holds off and signs for money. Unless he can come back and show he can work with Petey next year, I hate the idea of spending 7m on a 3C

it's not whether he can work with EP.. it's whether or not tocchet is willing to play him with EP.. and all evidence points to no.. he rather have 3C even if it means having no one to play with EP.

2 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

I don't think you can just look at points here. Moving Miller back to the wing changes his role. If we've learned anything about him it's that he seems much better utilized taking on the added defensive responsibilities that come with being a center.  And part of Petey's value (and why he was offered 11.6m per) is surely tied to his commitment to also playing a two game and taking on some of the added responsibilities that come from centering a top line.

My point is this: Resigning Lindy, instead adding a natural winger to complement Petey, comes at a cost --- not only in cap dollars, but also in forcing the team into a non-optimal deployment of others. 

They've been very honest that they like having that depth down the middle keeping a guy like Lindy adds so much flexibility and fluidity in the lineup.  I'm not a fan of long deals for older players, but it's obvious they're going for it in the next 3-4 years and Lindy doesn't cost them assets.

I mentioned this in another thread........why not make a hard pitch for Patrick Kane.  They can get him on a short term deal and he's probably coming in around $3m.  He's a rw, still produces points and he'll be a good addition to the PP.

Signing him adds the top 6 winger for Petey, allows money to put in other areas and if you get him fof two years, he's a good placeholder until Lek is truly ready 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They've been very honest that they like having that depth down the middle keeping a guy like Lindy adds so much flexibility and fluidity in the lineup.  I'm not a fan of long deals for older players, but it's obvious they're going for it in the next 3-4 years and Lindy doesn't cost them assets.

I mentioned this in another thread........why not make a hard pitch for Patrick Kane.  They can get him on a short term deal and he's probably coming in around $3m.  He's a rw, still produces points and he'll be a good addition to the PP.

Signing him adds the top 6 winger for Petey, allows money to put in other areas and if you get him fof two years, he's a good placeholder until Lek is truly ready 

we probably can’t afford what CHI or DET would be willing to pay him.  I’d be pleasantly surprised if we offered though. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stawns said:

Kane is an interesting option. I agree that he could probably be signed to a reasonable short term deal that gives enough time for someone like Lek to graduate into the lineup.

I'm just not convinced that resigning Lindy should be the team's top priority at this point, nor that it should come at the expense of filling other, fairly pressing needs on the team.

Edited by syntheticity

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Man.. that's quite the deal. Kinda doubt it's even enough to get it done, but more then I'd personally be wanting us to spend on him. I'm really mixed on this, I hope he holds off and signs for money. Unless he can come back and show he can work with Petey next year, I hate the idea of spending 7m on a 3C

If we didn't give up so much for him it wouldn't bother me too much if he didn't move on. 

Edit 

Accidentally hit the post button. 

A lot of people are saying this isn't a deep draft.

I have spent days, actually nights, researching this draft for my fantasy teams.

I could name lots of prospects I would have liked to have drafted with that first rounder if we still had it.

I get that Kuzmenko had to go, however he sure picked it up in Calgary, 15 points in his last 10 games. 

Do we have that conditional 4th or did we have to give it up. 

I already have some solid prospects in mind for my fourth rounders.

Then there is Brzustewicz.

Many are bagging him out now he is gone however he is a RHD with decent size, that just scored 92 points in 67 games in his draft + 1 year. 

With all the talk about paying Hronek the 8 mill he supposedly wants, and the possibility of trading him, Hunter is looking like a future potential great second pairing RHD-man that could spend time on the second PP unit, if Hronek does go.

Better to have options than not have them.

Again all this is based around what you want to give up for a rental, that for sure helped us get to the second round. 

And another year not only do we don't have a second round pick,  we don't have a first. 

As has been stated many times, players with established contracts, backed up by quality players on ELC's and maybe bridge deals are what I believe are needed to build a cup winner.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Cap = 25 with pool man ltir 

Trade 1

to ANA 

Garland 

to VAN 

Sharks 3rd 2024

Ducks 4th 2024

+ 4.95 in cap 

Trade 2

To CHI 

Milky 

Karlsson

Klimovich 

Woo 

To VAN 

2024 CHI 3rd 

+ 4.75 in cap 

Trade 3

To TOR

Hronek 

PDG

To VAN 

knies 

2024 1st 

CAP Space = 35.35

Gurntzel 9x 7y

Lindy 7x 8y

Joshua 3.85x 5

Zads 5x 6y

Tanev 4.5x 3

Bluegger 1.5x 4

silovs 1

myers 2.75 x 3

= 34.8

0.55 in cap

added 4 picks 

JG Lindy Petey 

Knies Miller Brock 

Joshua Bluegger Hogz

Posz Aman Suter 

hughes Tanev

Zads Myers 

Soucy Juulsen 

Edited by canucks curse
  • ThereItIs 1

I really hope they can go with 

Hogs Miller Boeser 

Petey Lindholm Podkolzin 

Or something, I really like the Idea of Lindholm in the top six(But will coach do it?) playing a more Ozone role. But I see us signing a new guy for RW 2 and bumping Podz to 3rd line. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, syntheticity said:

I'm not sure forcing Petey to play wing is a bad thing either, he doesn't have the position down quite yet. He's a great two way center defense wise and that but he doesn't have the strength yet to be a great dominant center. Yet. Maybe splitting it would be easier. I don't think we should bring Lindy in for 3C at that cap! He's capable of being a 65-75p guy still for years but I don't see that being a shut down guy. Maybe 55-60 for 7? 

Who knows maybe we're building a new style team with a money maker or two on each line with a elc or bridge deal on each line. Toch doesn't seem interested in the Petey/Lind combo .. I thought that was the plan last year whilst we had Blue and Suter and he still didn't so .... Chances are slim of that being in his foresight.

34 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

If we didn't give up so much for him it wouldn't bother me too much if he didn't move on. 

Edit 

Accidentally hit the post button. 

A lot of people are saying this isn't a deep draft.

I have spent days, actually nights, researching this draft for my fantasy teams.

I could name lots of prospects I would have liked to have drafted with that first rounder if we still had it.

I get that Kuzmenko had to go, however he sure picked it up in Calgary, 15 points in his last 10 games. 

Do we have that conditional 4th or did we have to give it up. 

I already have some solid prospects in mind for my fourth rounders.

Then there is Brzustewicz.

Many are bagging him out now he is gone however he is a RHD with decent size, that just scored 92 points in 67 games in his draft + 1 year. 

With all the talk about paying Hronek the 8 mill he supposedly wants, and the possibility of trading him, Hunter is looking like a future potential great second pairing RHD-man that could spend time on the second PP unit, if Hronek does go.

Better to have options than not have them.

Again all this is based around what you want to give up for a rental, that for sure helped us get to the second round. 

And another year not only do we don't have a second round pick,  we don't have a first. 

As has been stated many times, players with established contracts, backed up by quality players on ELC's and maybe bridge deals are what I believe are needed to build a cup winner.

Kuz was never going to fit into Rick's system. Very easy to pick up your game playing for a team out of the playoffs without the structure Vancouver had. I do agree with you about not being crazy about the prospect we gave up in Brzustewicz.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if management tries to sign Lindholm and still get an impact winger.

Rumour has it they’re trying to move more than one contract. Wouldn’t surprise me if Mikheyev is moved along with Garland.

That's a big chunk of cap they can bring a true top six winger!

• Like 1