[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

18 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I agree ,  but I also believe in attrition of players to make the TEAM stronger ..

An example was not trade Markstrom when we should have.

You wanted to trade Marky when Demko had 30ish NHL games under his belt?  

12 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Probably more so in letting him walk (losing a real asset for zero return) into free agency when you decided to 'go with the other guy'.  

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Probably more so in letting him walk (losing a real asset for zero return) into free agency when you decided to 'go with the other guy'.  

After the bubble playoff success Miller said it all with his “shocking reset” comment. Benning was a moran. We have fantastic management now. They will make moves that keep us in our winning window. They will not do a “Benning”. For sure the key players have confidence in this management. The players didn’t have that with Benning. 

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Demko is already on a fantastic contract. No need to retain. Actually it would be a moran move to retain on him. He’s got two years left. 

Who wants to retain anything ? 

• Cheers 1

$7M X 7 Years for Lindholm was a slap in the face offer. Basically just so they can go to the fans and say "We tried!".. He was never going to sign that..
They couldn't even offer him the 8th year? Why would he sign that. He's most likely going to get $8M+ on a 7 year term.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

$7M X 7 Years for Lindholm was a slap in the face offer. Basically just so they can go to the fans and say "We tried!".. He was never going to sign that..
They couldn't even offer him the 8th year? Why would he sign that. He's most likely going to get $8M+ on a 7 year term.

where does it say that was the final offer?

The more I think about this the more I’m against the deal. You want to sign lindholm for 7-8mil to play with EP.. I wouldn’t be against it if we had more than 3.5 games worth of sample size whether or not they can play together. Fact is we don’t. It’s a huge massive gamble. Right now lindholm is a 40-50 point guy or was a 40-50 point guy that played in the top 6 in Calgary.. so what if he doesn’t work with EP? He plays 3rd line? His production will prolly further drop. The lindholm garland thing wasn’t really doing much offensively without Joshua and all signs points to he’s gone. So we end up with a really good defensive center that might get u 30-40 lucky 40-50 point range for 7-8mil while we are continuing to play 1mil and league minimum player with ep and expects him to carry. Not even mcdavid plays with players that makes 1mil or less. 

i rather re-sign Joshua at close to 4 and get a top 6 then sign lindholm at 7-8.. at least the 3rd line will still be decent. It’s a massive gamble what kind of chemistry ep and lindholm will have any what kind of production lindholm is capable of ever since he’s been declining in production 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

where does it say that was the final offer?

Trust, It was the final offer. Besides, after that I doubt he's even listening. He'd be stupid not to go to July 1 and see what's offered. He's going to get paid. My guess is Boston.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

Trust, It was the final offer. Besides, after that I doubt he's even listening. He'd be stupid not to go to July 1 and see what's offered. He's going to get paid. My guess is Boston.

pretty sure his agent is aware this is a negotiation, I doubt anyones back went up over being offered almost 50 million. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

Miller signed a 7 year deal after a 99pt season...

Canucks offering 7m is surprising considering how he was deployed as a #3C... Tocchet didn't try him out long enough with EP or even JT to see if there was some chemistry. 

Lindholm walks as a UFA...I am 94% sure of it

6 minutes ago, Viking said:

Miller signed a 7 year deal after a 99pt season...

Canucks offering 7m is surprising considering how he was deployed as a #3C... Tocchet didn't try him out long enough with EP or even JT to see if there was some chemistry. 

Lindholm walks as a UFA...I am 94% sure of it

Speaking of Miller... he signed for $8M x 7 after a 99 point season.  Can you imagine if we were throwing numbers like $7.5M to $8.5M around for Miller if he just came off a 42 point season?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Hammertime said:

right after Demko stood on his head against 

against The the Golden Knights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

How is it a slap in the face? Lindholm is 29 and a 7 year contract would take him to 36. Definitely reasonable and long. Also, he just had a 44 point season and that was following a 64 point season. A downward trend is not great for negotiations. $7M is a pretty nice amount of money for that, especially when you consider half the contract he'll be in his mid 30s.

2 hours ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

Yes, I'm sure someone is willing to offer him $8M+ thinking that he can get back to being a PPG center. But that certainly doesn't mean he's earned that contract or that we should be offering that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

right after Demko stood on his head against 

against The the Golden Knights.

So when Markstrom was about to become a UFA? We could have maybe gotten a 4th round pick for early negotiation rights.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

How is it a slap in the face? Lindholm is 29 and a 7 year contract would take him to 36. Definitely reasonable and long. Also, he just had a 44 point season and that was following a 64 point season. A downward trend is not great for negotiations. $7M is a pretty nice amount of money for that, especially when you consider half the contract he'll be in his mid 30s.

Yes, I'm sure someone is willing to offer him $8M+ thinking that he can get back to being a PPG center. But that certainly doesn't mean he's earned that contract or that we should be offering that.

It's all a slap in the face dude! Why would he even 'entertain' such lowball offers when he know's what's waiting for you on July 1. Look at the Zadorov low ball offer that was made.. Even worse than the offer to Lindholm.. & It pissed Nikita off, he's walking for sure. You're not playing an EA Sports video game. The way you treat people especially these athlete's matters. 

If they we're truly serious with Lindholm they would've offered him the 8th year! & Before you say "It's a Negotiation blah blah blah" The Canucks management knows full well any "Negotiation" STARTS with 8 years.. That's how you save on the dollar amount. Anything else is just a waste of the players time. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

It's all a slap in the face dude! Why would he even 'entertain' such lowball offers when he know's what's waiting for you on July 1. Look at the Zadorov low ball offer that was made.. Even worse than the offer to Lindholm.. & It pissed Nikita off, he's walking for sure. You're not playing an EA Sports video game. The way you treat people especially these athlete's matters. 

If they we're truly serious with Lindholm they would've offered him the 8th year! & Before you say "It's a Negotiation blah blah blah" The Canucks management knows full well any "Negotiation" STARTS with 8 years.. That's how you save on the dollar amount. Anything else is just a waste of the players time. 

A slap in the face would be the Horvat offer when the Canucks offered him a pay cut at $5.4M. $7Mx7 is a $2.1M increase on his last contract and pays him into his late 30s. Offering 7 years vs 8 years is not a slap in the face, both are very long offers that show they are committed to Lindholm. If the offer was for 3 years or something maybe you'd have some.ground to stand on. Would Lindholm like more than $7M? I'm sure he would, especially when he rejected a higher offer last summer, but it's still a reasonable amount of money and not a slap in the face.

When it comes down to it, Lindholm is a luxury on the Canucks and not a need. It's still uncertain whether he can play regularly with Pettersson and that $7M+ might be better spent of a winger to play with Petey than another center. 

It's also pretty easy to come to the negotiation table and say, "look, this is the most we're able to do for your role on this team. We would love for you to stay and continue building on what this team started but we also understand if you want to look around and see if someone else is able to offer you more." There, no hard feelings and no slap in the face.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Thought you were Benning. 🙃

One specimen is already enough ! 

if i was Benning, i would have bought out Demko instead of retaining. 

😉

49 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

We don't even know if these are actually official offers and not just pure speculation so I'm not sure what you're getting so worked up about.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

So when Markstrom was about to become a UFA? We could have maybe gotten a 4th round pick for early negotiation rights.

that’s a guess,.  
     But the outcome was we got nothing , and it was clear by Markstrom not willing to sign here before UFA.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Pears said:

We don't even know if these are actually official offers and not just pure speculation so I'm not sure what you're getting so worked up about.

Who's getting worked up? I calm as FUCK!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1