[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Being concerned about cap and asset management is natural for someone with not a lot else going on in their life. I

Why you care is the real question? Are you a shareholder in the team? Is cap mismanagement losing you money? 

You do realize that Gudbranson hasn't played for the Canucks in years, right? And that he's still in the league. So, essentially he's shown more use in his line of work than you have on this forum. 

It says 50.4k posts next to your name right?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

And not one of those posts was about cap management. Any other point you'd like to make? I'm sure you were hoping that you had a gotcha moment there, but alas, you'll have to try again some other time, doc. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And not one of those posts was about cap management. Any other point you'd like to make? I'm sure you were hoping that you had a gotcha moment there, but alas, you'll have to try again some other time, doc. 

Not a gotcha moment just silly to poke at someone about not having a life when you are posting here that frequently.  
I have lots of time to discuss asset and cap management, great fun discussing these things.

Seems like we should have some sort of internet board or forum we could go to and discuss these things for fans of the team.   Seems like sort of place someone could even quite happily make thousands or tens of thousands of comments. 
Better than making posts about policing fandom for how they chose to be fans or what they like to discuss on a team discussion board. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Being concerned about cap and asset management is natural for someone with not a lot else going on in their life. 

You essentially just called all posters that talk about cap on here the very same thing. Which is actually most of this forum.

Your approach to this team is unique if only because it's comparable to going through life pretending that money isn't a factor in what you can and cannot afford. It's not realistic.

Why you care is the real question? Are you a shareholder in the team? Is cap mismanagement losing you money? 

No, but unlike you, I understand that cap management (or mismanagement) will be crucial in whether I can watch this team win a cup in my lifetime. This is something that (I hope) is a mutual priority for everyone on this forum.

You do realize that Gudbranson hasn't played for the Canucks in years, right? And that he's still in the league. So, essentially he's shown more use in his line of work than you have on this forum. 

Still doesn't make all the years of you dying on a hill for Gudbranson any less funny 🤣

8 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

He's so much more active than most people on this forum and he has the gall to talk about having a life. lmao. 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

He's so much more active than most people on this forum and he has the gall to talk about having a life. lmao. 

i mean the 50.4 is carried over from cdc.. 21 years of posting is only like 6-7 post a day.. not really all that much

• Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

You essentially just called all posters that talk about cap on here the very same thing. Which is actually most of this forum.

No, just you. 

Your approach to this team is unique if only because it's comparable to going through life pretending that money isn't a factor in what you can and cannot afford. It's not realistic

My approach to this team is that I’ve enjoyed and followed them for decades and want to see the Stanley Cup risen by 23 players in a Vancouver jersey. The money spent by the ownership to build a winner is their burden. Pouring over salaries and bonuses, to the point where it would get me in pedantic back and forths with other posters is not of any interest. I’ll leave that you.

No, but unlike you, I understand that cap management (or mismanagement) will be crucial in whether I can watch this team win a cup in my lifetime.

So, your ability to watch a team play a game is based on how they spend their money and not how they play the game….

This is something that (I hope) is a mutual priority for everyone on this forum.

The team. The players. The games. That’s what keeps people here talking. The game is played on the ice and not on Excel, Kermit. 

Still doesn't make all the years of you dying on a hill for Gudbranson any less funny 🤣

Yet you’re the one still focused on him. Sarah should be concerned. 

26 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Really surprised no one's talking about Max Domi for a 3rd line center role.  Super physical lots of character, can fight and score.  Cap hit of around 3 million..tochett kinda guy?

I think Domi will stay with Toronto, and I think he will be $4.5M+.  He put up 47 points this past year and 56 points the year before.

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think Domi will stay with Toronto, and I think he will be $4.5M+.  He put up 47 points this past year and 56 points the year before.

Yeah, Domi would be interesting but it'd be surprising if he doesn't remain a Leaf

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Sounds like a great deal and a perfect value replacement for Lindholm 

On 6/13/2024 at 7:42 AM, qwijjibo said:

No one is paying a 2nd for his rights.  Maybe a 4th 

Yes, no one will give a second to negotiate for Lindholm’s rights. I meant a second for trading Hronek at the draft. That is possible as a RFA. Unfortunately, Lindholm will be walking away for free.

part of me wonders if we could have traded for Pavel buchnevich at the upcoming draft if we didn't do the lindholm trade with a similar trade package.

Ofc we may not have made it past Nashville without lindholm. But with perfect hindsight it could have been a better outcome.

Cant help but feel this way. 🥸

5 minutes ago, R3aL said:

part of me wonders if we could have traded for Pavel buchnevich at the upcoming draft if we didn't do the lindholm trade with a similar trade package.

Ofc we may not have made it past Nashville without lindholm. But with perfect hindsight it could have been a better outcome.

Cant help but feel this way. 🥸

St Louis issued a statement at TDL saying they did not to intend Pavel 

11 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

St Louis issued a statement at TDL saying they did not to intend Pavel 

Ya I’m not saying at the TDL, but if they can’t negotiate an extension this summer they are going to explore a trade

On 6/13/2024 at 12:27 PM, DrJockitch said:

Not a gotcha moment just silly to poke at someone about not having a life when you are posting here that frequently.  
I have lots of time to discuss asset and cap management, great fun discussing these things.

Seems like we should have some sort of internet board or forum we could go to and discuss these things for fans of the team.   Seems like sort of place someone could even quite happily make thousands or tens of thousands of comments. 
Better than making posts about policing fandom for how they chose to be fans or what they like to discuss on a team discussion board. 

it's just tiresome watching people play dress-up in dad's clothes, pretending they have a clue what they're talking about when it comes to cap management and team building. 

I'm not saying don't do it, it's just kind of exhausting. 

If I was on twits er and had lots of free time:

I'd compile a list of just what the reporters said, salary expectation wise, for every free agent.

Then compare those predictions to what the player actually signed for.

then make a graph of 

estimated salary

actual salary

money difference

percentage difference.

It would be good to see a number regarding the accuracy of these reporters.

Also, going forward we could spend less time discussing/worrying about what the least accurate guys said, and more attention on those that are more correct.

• Like 1

To be honest, I would not even have made that 7  x  7 Offer to lindholm now that I think about it.  Yah don't piss away the future because you think

it's our window now. If I recall, we were on our way to a great year before we brought him out of cowtown. 

If he rejected it, as per reports, what the hell does he think he's worth. 😟

On 6/13/2024 at 7:29 AM, Bob Long said:

Does he instantly turn 37 the moment we sign him? 

I'd love to see him with Petey for years to come.

I would rather have a winger, Blueger and depth defenceman with that 9+ million dollar cap hit.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

To be honest, I would not even have made that 7  x  7 Offer to lindholm now that I think about it.  Yah don't piss away the future because you think

it's our window now. If I recall, we were on our way to a great year before we brought him out of cowtown. 

If he rejected it, as per reports, what the hell does he think he's worth😟

More. And he will get it because he’s arguably the top 3 UFAs available and a right shot C. Someone will pay up. He’s aware of that, hence why he didn’t accept our offer. Plus he also gets to choose where he wants to play. Maybe Van isn’t his first choice. I think he goes back East again to either BOS or even CAR again. NSH probably on his list as well.

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

On 6/13/2024 at 9:24 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

No, just you. 

My approach to this team is that I’ve enjoyed and followed them for decades and want to see the Stanley Cup risen by 23 players in a Vancouver jersey. The money spent by the ownership to build a winner is their burden. Pouring over salaries and bonuses, to the point where it would get me in pedantic back and forths with other posters is not of any interest. I’ll leave that you.

The only back and forth you've ever really engaged in is one related to Gudbranson. For years. To me, that's an even worse use of time.

So, your ability to watch a team play a game is based on how they spend their money and not how they play the game….

The team. The players. The games. That’s what keeps people here talking. The game is played on the ice and not on Excel, Kermit. 

Again, no. You just don't get it. Enjoying a competitive team on ice is directly correlated with how well management administers the cap. Not using the cap well directly translates to a bad on-ice product (which is precisely the only thing you care about). I'm sure you superficially also didn't care about OEL's massive anchor contract handicapping the team.

Yet you’re the one still focused on him. Sarah should be concerned. 

I've no idea who Sarah is. I'm assuming she's related to Gudbranson (which is ironic given that I'm apparently the one who's invested). 🤣

SN650 was talking about what it would take to re-sign Lindy.  Upping money / term, providing more top line opportunity etc.  No one even mentioned that maybe Lindy just has a different destination in mind-somewhere he just wants to be.  Doesnt mean he didnt like his time in VAN.  Seems pretty obvious to me.