[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

2 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

think its gonna b extremely dificult to keep Lindholm. it would b a question of what he wants more then anything else. How much do u think a team like chicago or san jose would want a player like Lindholm in their lineup to show the young kids how its done? i think if anything its to say: i want to be on a contending team, and that is what we are. 

Thats actually a solid take. I assumed he'd land in Boston, but Chicago could throw a bucket of money at him. 

IF and when Lindholm signs with Boston, let's not all collectively lose our minds when he puts up 80+ points playing next to Pastrnak.  Remember, Pastrnak could turn a 3rd line grinder into a 50 to 60 point player. 

On 6/17/2024 at 4:24 PM, wai_lai416 said:

So basically lindholm doesn’t really like the role he’ll get with the Canucks.. most likely a 3c with occasional top 6 time and pp1 time. Make sense he’ll prolly get around 8 in the ufa and get guaranteed top 6 minutes .. as for garland im ok with all the proposal to trade him. He was only effective playing on the 3rd line.. he doesn’t drive millers line nor did he drive ep line that line did nothing. He’s paid like a top 6 to dominate the 3rd line which is fine if you have other players punching above their weight in the top 6 winger position.. but we don’t.. we have 1 out of 4 top 6 winger with a legitimate one atm. Hoglander looked good at time and then it’s like he didn’t even play in the playoff

As much as I like Garland you are right.

He is overpaid for what he delivers. 

• ThereItIs 1

Writing was always on the wall when mgmt consider d trading him right after acquiring him. Blessing in disguise in my opinion, great playoffs but I think they can build a better team identity without him...he didn't really have a "spot" in the lineup that worked. 

Hoping mgmt has some more tricks up their sleeves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Writing was always on the wall when mgmt consider d trading him right after acquiring him. Blessing in disguise in my opinion, great playoffs but I think they can build a better team identity without him...he didn't really have a "spot" in the lineup that worked. 

Hoping mgmt has some more tricks up their sleeves.

Exactly… Great memory by the way -yeah the writing was on the wall… Now We sit back and watch and see how management forms next year’s team… Which players are gonna be let go which players are going to be acquired… Hopefully we build a Stanley Cup champion

I think the biggest mistake we made with Lindholm was not shifting 1 of JT or EP to wing and using Lindholm to center one of them.

long term it would’ve been nice to have a reliable 2 way right shot Center in our top 6. But there’s a limit to how much you can pay for that…and the player needs to want to stay and he seems like he wants to go elsewhere instead

23 minutes ago, Viking said:

I think the biggest mistake we made with Lindholm was not shifting 1 of JT or EP to wing and using Lindholm to center one of them.

long term it would’ve been nice to have a reliable 2 way right shot Center in our top 6. But there’s a limit to how much you can pay for that…and the player needs to want to stay and he seems like he wants to go elsewhere instead

Unfortunately, Lindholm got injured and Petey was playing hurt so we never saw them together healthy. I guess we'll never know how they would've meshed when healthy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I think Anthony Cirelli would be the perfect replacement for Lindolm.  6.5 million.  True 3rd line center and could play up with Petey.  26 yrs old and no trade kicks in July 1st.  TB needs cap relief ASAP! 

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

I think Anthony Cirelli would be the perfect replacement for Lindolm.  6.5 million.  True 3rd line center and could play up with Petey.  26 yrs old and no trade kicks in July 1st.  TB needs cap relief ASAP! 

I love Cirelli but I don’t see a world Tampa lets him go, and even then someone with a lot more trade equity will be stepping in than us 

• Upvote 1

On 6/21/2024 at 11:52 AM, Beni said:

As much as I like Garland you are right.

He is overpaid for what he delivers. 

I don’t feel he’s over paid he’s more under used until this season knowing he’s a play driver for his line just he doesn’t work with our top players Miller and Petey play drivers for their lines so he wouldn’t be maxing out his abilities. 

6 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Kinda blows he won’t be sticking around - we gave up a lot… what a total douche 

david brody lol GIF by Elvis Duran Show

I read one article that said he was pissed they tried to trade him earlier in the year. Don’t know if it’s true. What we gave up to get him (which was a lot) isn’t his problem, it’s ours.

9 hours ago, Madskillz said:

I don’t feel he’s over paid he’s more under used until this season knowing he’s a play driver for his line just he doesn’t work with our top players Miller and Petey play drivers for their lines so he wouldn’t be maxing out his abilities. 

We dont know he doesn't work, he's never been left their long enough to find out.  He makes every player he spends time with better.  I've got no reason to believe he wouldn't have the same effect on Petey.  

Give him 3-4 months up the lineup 

On 6/21/2024 at 8:36 AM, HKSR said:

IF and when Lindholm signs with Boston, let's not all collectively lose our minds when he puts up 80+ points playing next to Pastrnak.  Remember, Pastrnak could turn a 3rd line grinder into a 50 to 60 point player. 

200w.gif.c2f96055fa270c468ac5b867d6b5f79e.gif

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, stawns said:

We dont know he doesn't work, he's never been left their long enough to find out.  He makes every player he spends time with better.  I've got no reason to believe he wouldn't have the same effect on Petey.  

Give him 3-4 months up the lineup 

I've been hoping for an all-American line of Garland with Miller and Boeser.  I think that line would dominate possession and be very successful.

Edited by Jayinblack
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jayinblack said:

I've been hoping for an all-American line of Garland with Miller and Boeser.  I think that line would dominate possession and be very successful

I think Garland and Miller play well together, but both he and Boes are rw

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I think Garland and Miller play well together, but both he and Boes are rw

He's right-handed but listed as both lw/rw.  But tbh have no idea what his splits are, i just think he's smart enough and crafty enough to excel with Miller and set up Boeser like crazy.

• Cheers 1

On 6/21/2024 at 5:36 PM, HKSR said:

The problem is that Lindholm is worth up to 8 mill no problem.

if it’s under 8 mill, keep him. 
we can’t compare players with Miller because he took a huge discount. 
Today he would make between 10-11 mill. 

On 6/23/2024 at 11:16 PM, Viking said:

Well, if we keep Lindholm our first two lines will have him on it.

It’s just when it’s get into playoffs they separate then so we can get brutal on other teams with three great C’s.

14 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

He's right-handed but listed as both lw/rw.  But tbh have no idea what his splits are, i just think he's smart enough and crafty enough to excel with Miller and set up Boeser like crazy.

I don't disagree, he is versatile and the team does need a top 6 lw as well as rw

5 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

The problem is that Lindholm is worth up to 8 mill no problem.

if it’s under 8 mill, keep him. 
we can’t compare players with Miller because he took a huge discount. 
Today he would make between 10-11 mill. 

Lindholm would probably play up to that $8M with Boston simply because Pastrnak drives play like crazy and he would be playing the minutes of a 1C.  Not sure Lindholm would be able to put up the 80 points necessary for him to be of solid value at $8M in Vancouver.  $7.5M is the absolutely top end for Vancouver.  I could see Lindholm in the 70 point range given his role here vs Boston where he would be a 1C.