[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Watching him play and where he starts his shifts. He’s decent in the O Zone but not very good at all without the puck, especially defensively. He’s a guy who usually starts in the O Zone (60+% of the time.) Plus he shoots left. We need a three C who is good defensively and preferably shoots right. Pageau checks those boxes. Monahan is more an offensive guy. 

I'm talking 2C....if Lindy walks and Petey moves to the wing....

I don't really care which way he shoots. That's not much of an issue for a center.

• Like 2

Lindholm rejects Canucks off of 7x7? 

I don't think it makes much sense to be paying him more than that, since he'll be primarily deployed as a 3C, no? Guess he's moving on, and management probably needs to go to their Plan B. 

There will be plenty of " speculation " of offers and rejections in the coming weeks. 99.9% will be bull shit. 

That said, Lindholm for a thousand reasons may not be looking to pursue his career in Vancouver and thats perfectly fine.

Knowing how the majority thought we acquired Lindholm as a top 6 addition only to see him play 3rd line minutes for the most part that could very well be enough to keep a top 6 let alone someone who has been playing 1C from re-signing here.

Seeing the options moving forward I would have thought 7m x 7y is high but more than fair to get a deal done.

Nobody knows, unless your Lindholm, his agent thats about it.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Looking at UFA fowards, there isn't alot out there.

What's a 32 year old Toffoli going to cost? 5M x 4? 

Taravainen is 29 & probably comes in over 6M, 6.5x6? Idk about that. 

Marchessault probably isn't leaving Vegas, Guentzel is going to cost more than Lindholm if he even makes it to UFA.

The other option could be rolling the dice on a cheap option like Sprong or Jason Zucker, and hope you can squeeze a good year out of them. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Marchessault probably isn't leaving Vegas, Guentzel is going to cost more than Lindholm if he even makes it to UFA.

The other option could be rolling the dice on a cheap option like Sprong or Jason Zucker, and hope you can squeeze a good year out of them. 

Patrick Kane!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't see a winger, as good as Guentzel is, going for more than $8-$8.5 million. He's still a tier below the top end wingers. I'd like Teravainen for his speed and defense though. 

Edited by Pears

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I have been high on Sprong, management drafted him in Pittsburgh too JR and PA both overseeing that.

He has found his touch the last two seasons after a few years of figuring out how to put all his tools together. Elite speed, thick solid physical player with elite hands. Slide him into the top nine or as a top six may be a nice fit. 

Cost: $ 3.5m + range. 

Teravainen is another slick offensive player who could come into the top six even play wing with Pettersson. Their styles align well.

Cost: $ 6m +

Blueger will return as 3C around $ 2-2.5m per.

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Not an inspiring list. Bringing back Lindholm is the smart move.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 hours ago, stawns said:

Youre just robbing peter to pay Paul, imo

Agreed,

Trading Garland is not something the Canucks should be actively doing. If a team calls yes you listen but he would be a major loss for this club.

Then again I'm also not a Guentzel fan and don't want to see him in Vancouver at what $8m per or something.

Canucks need to focus on securing their defense and bringing Blueger back at 3C. Then find a couple fast, scoring wingers to add to the club's top nine.

20 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm talking 2C....if Lindy walks and Petey moves to the wing....

I don't really care which way he shoots. That's not much of an issue for a center.

Sure. That would be good. Monahan can still put up numbers playing with good players. Still need a defensive 3C though. And right shot is important for him. Then Miller doesn’t have to take so many D zone draws on his off side. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Sure. That would be good. Monahan can still put up numbers playing with good players. Still need a defensive 3C though. And right shot is important for him. Then Miller doesn’t have to take so many D zone draws on his off side. 

I think Blueger is a decent 3C....and having a right handed shot is nice, but I disagree that it's a necessity...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Lindholm rejects Canucks off of 7x7? 

I don't think it makes much sense to be paying him more than that, since he'll be primarily deployed as a 3C, no? Guess he's moving on, and management probably needs to go to their Plan B. 

No. He would come in as 2C to play with Pettersson, play first line PK, and PP. Wouldn't be surprised if he averaged the highest TOI For forwards for us next season. He would occasionally play with Garland on our "3rd line" during tougher matchups to give us flexibility. 

During his time as our "3C", he was 3rd overall for forwards in TOI. So I really don't understand this narrative. 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Lindholm probably doesn't want to be considered a 3C..I can easily see him going to Boston.

Lindy would play as our 2C. Petey would play on his wing. Then Miller, as he gets older. 

19 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I think Blueger is a decent 3C....and having a right handed shot is nice, but I disagree that it's a necessity...

Be less money to keep Blueger and sign Monahan than Lindholm, right?

Miller, Monahan, Blueger, Suter. All lefties though. Maybe Petey can take some of the off side D zone starts to give JT a break? 

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lindy would play as our 2C. Petey would play on his wing. Then Miller, as he gets older. 

lol tocchet say no way. He keeps on stressing over and over again how he like to have 3 center and strong down the middle.. he literally refused to play lindholm with ep at all cost until the very end. Lindholm is a 2c on most team.. he’s 3c in Vancouver unless they get another 3c.. otherwise there’s almost no chance we see lindholm as a regular 2c… you didn’t think management when they traded for lindholm asked Rick what you think about adding lindholm in the top 6? His reply prolly love it then proceeds to staple him to the 3rd line 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol tocchet say no way. He keeps on stressing over and over again how he like to have 3 center and strong down the middle.. he literally refused to play lindholm with ep at all cost until the very end. Lindholm is a 2c on most team.. he’s 3c in Vancouver unless they get another 3c.. otherwise there’s almost no chance we see lindholm as a regular 2c… you didn’t think management when they traded for lindholm asked Rick what you think about adding lindholm in the top 6? His reply prolly love it then proceeds to staple him to the 3rd line 

Londholms minutes would be 20+. Tocchet would absolutely get Lindy over the boards a lot more than a 3C. 

• Like 1

Now is not the time to go cup crazy and think that if we can lock up a few key pieces we'll go again next year. We have some weaknesses and trying to do the status quo with less of the same won't do it. 

Giving Lindholm a substantial contract like this only comes close to working if he's the solution to missing scoring in our top six. That could mean playing with Pettersson and increasing scoring for others indirectly. If there looking at him as the 3rd line center at that price, I'd rather have Blueger and Joshua back.

50 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Lindholm probably doesn't want to be considered a 3C..I can easily see him going to Boston.

Good players take the money. Great players see the opportunity to win. I'm not saying that's the Canucks over more money elsewhere, but we need a team of players willing to buy in if we're going to go far.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I have been high on Sprong, management drafted him in Pittsburgh too JR and PA both overseeing that.

He has found his touch the last two seasons after a few years of figuring out how to put all his tools together. Elite speed, thick solid physical player with elite hands. Slide him into the top nine or as a top six may be a nice fit. 

Cost: $ 3.5m + range. 

Teravainen is another slick offensive player who could come into the top six even play wing with Pettersson. Their styles align well.

Cost: $ 6m +

Blueger will return as 3C around $ 2-2.5m per.

I would bet my life management would not even consider Teurvo 

apparently he isn’t. A big practice / habits guy that’s what I’ve heard on some podcasts

i can’t imagine that being a fit when they already want our teams practice habits and efforts to improve  

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Londholms minutes would be 20+. Tocchet would absolutely get Lindy over the boards a lot more than a 3C. 

That’s a good point even though he might on the lineup sheet be recorded as a 3C if his minutes are 2-3 on team forwards he’s more than a 3C

Agreed,

Trading Garland is not something the Canucks should be actively doing. If a team calls yes you listen but he would be a major loss for this club.

Then again I'm also not a Guentzel fan and don't want to see him in Vancouver at what $8m per or something.

Canucks need to focus on securing their defense and bringing Blueger back at 3C. Then find a couple fast, scoring wingers to add to the club's top nine.

He's a guy that if you lose him, he's another guy that needs to be replaced with a significant signing

I sat, sign Lindholm, move Hronek (if he wants over 6.5m, sign Zad and myers and promote garland and then use the left over money to shore up the third line and replace hronek

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Agreed,

Just curious why you aren’t a JG fan?

- he’s a proven playoff performer 

- a 40 goal scorer

- has an impressive resume

- had zero adjustment period when moving to a new team and clearly upgraded Carolina’s offence immediately 

- high Iq player

- plays and practices like a champion 

I’m really high on him as a player and my only worries for him are:

he does not shy away from paying the price to score goals, and attack the guts of the ice. With his frame I’m worried he could take a lot of abuse down the stretch in his 30s and maybe be hurt more frequently than you’d hope for.

that’s my biggest worry with a Long term deal this point in his career but really that’s my only risk / concern.

Do you not like him as a player or not consider him a high end player? Or do you just have concerns about how he’d age into the contract?

13 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Good players take the money. Great players see the opportunity to win. I'm not saying that's the Canucks over more money elsewhere, but we need a team of players willing to buy in if we're going to go far.

According to Rick D, Except for Myers, No Canuck FA is willing to take a pay-cut to sign in Van..He's def going to get more then 7 from another team.