[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah...I just listened to it. The rumor from Elliotte was that the Canucks were trying to "move salary". He didn't mention any players. The guys on the podcast were guessing as to who those guys might be. Not really a rumor, IMO...

BTW: They also mentioned Boeser.....

Believe what you want. I hear that as we are trying to move Garlsnd’s contract so we can clear more cap room. Is there another player we can move to clear 5 mil that we have a replacement for (Hogs) who makes 1 mil?  Mik but he costs to move. Boeser, but he’s a top six forward. Hronek, nope we don’t have a replacement for him. The only guy that makes any sense is Garland. IMHAO Garland is gone before the draft. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We were an injured Demko away from getting at least to the Cup Final this year. Our window is wide open. 

Debatable. I think we would have had a tougher time against Dallas. 

Ask me my opinion on that in December and I would have said we could win it all, but we need more consistency before I believe that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

Debatable. I think we would have had a tougher time against Dallas. 

Ask me my opinion on that in December and I would have said we could win it all, but we need more consistency before I believe that.

We need more depth so guys don’t have to play too many minutes. Having Silovs laying 30-35 games next season will be huge for Demko. 

We were an injured Demko away from getting at least to the Cup Final this year. Our window is wide open. 

IMO injured Demko, disappearing Petey and bonehead Cole were the reasons we didn't beat the Oilers.  We should have won that series and gone on to face Dallas...at the least.

Cole's own goal in OT in game 2 meant we went to Edm tied 1 - 1 vs up 2-0.  Awful mistakes by him cost us. That was the biggest.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

IMO injured Demko, disappearing Petey and bonehead Cole were the reasons we didn't beat the Oilers.  We should have won that series and gone on to face Dallas...at the least.

Cole's own goal in OT in game 2 meant we went to Edm tied 1 - 1 vs up 2-0.  Awful mistakes by him cost us. That was the biggest.

Injured Petey. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Believe what you want. I hear that as we are trying to move Garlsnd’s contract so we can clear more cap room. Is there another player we can move to clear 5 mil that we have a replacement for (Hogs) who makes 1 mil?  Mik but he costs to move. Boeser, but he’s a top six forward. Hronek, nope we don’t have a replacement for him. The only guy that makes any sense is Garland. IMHAO Garland is gone before the draft. 

They're moving Mikheyev if anyone why move the more effective player if your goal is winning. This team is no longer rebuilding keeping dead weight is a non starter now 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

Just the fact he helped the team reach the second round, made it worth while. 
Lets not forget how close we were to sending the Oilers into darkness, and it could have been us preparing to play Panthers in the final.  
It was definitely a gamble worth taking. 

Before the season started, we talked about being a wild card to the play offs, and any play offs would be gravy. 

These times don't cone around too often, so if management can smell blood, they got to take the chance. 

Oh, I am not complaining.

If you noted my second post, as I stated there is lots to be happy about this past season, and I have high hopes for next season. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They're moving Mikheyev if anyone why move the more effective player if your goal is winning. This team is no longer rebuilding keeping dead weight is a non starter now 

Sure. The rumour was we’re trying to clear cap and Miksyev was mentioned too. There’s a cost to clear Mik though. Where with Garland maybe we can clear all his cap? 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure. The rumour was we’re trying to clear cap and Miksyev was mentioned too. There’s a cost to clear Mik though. Where with Garland maybe we can clear all his cap? 

That's right, Mikheyev will cost to move and I'm not sure they're willing to give what it will take.

But something very important happened today that will allow teams to make deals.  Bettman announced next years salary cap at $88M

The model for the Canucks moving forward could be the Blackhawks from the late 2000's / early 2010's when they moved good players who got more expensive due to contract renewals and came back strong later and won cups in 2010, 2013 and 2015.  So this can be done.

• Vintage 1

And pay as much or more to get a player like him? Moving him makes no sense now 

Posted (edited)

My worry is a team like Chicago looking to accelerate their rebuild now. 
They can afford to poach and overpay guys like Z and Lindholm and insulate Bedard in respective ways. I think mgmt definitely needs to play their cards right, but certain players have intrinsic value to us and are worth the compromise of paying more for their tenured services rather than hoping we can find amenable replacements. 
Frankly I’ll be pissed if we lose both Lindholm and Zadorov to UFA, not to mention the assets we dished out to obtain them in the first place. I can accept losing one but not both. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

And pay as much or more to get a player like him? Moving him makes no sense now 

5 mil for a third line winger who doesn’t pp or pk. At least not on our club. Maybe another team sees Garland in their top six and on their pp? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Londholms minutes would be 20+. Tocchet would absolutely get Lindy over the boards a lot more than a 3C. 

sure he would coz he plays powerplay and pk, but at the same time he's going to cut back on 5v5 time of the top 2 lines.. and EP is going to be stuck playing with mikheyev suters pdg laffety of the world again

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Doubt he would have beem utilized as 3C. 
Not unlikely but with Petey in need of help on his line they are not trading for a 3rd line centre. 
Bo would likely be playing with Petey or Miller in the long run. Especially if Petey went dead like this year. 
Furthermore, why would they invest 7M in a 3C when Petey obviously need somebody to play with?

why wouldn't he be utilized as a 3c? EP is centering his own line, Miller was centering his own line.. horvat was playing on his own line most of the time except for a stretch with miller coz he was sucking defensively.. one of them was gonna be a 3c if horvat decided to re-sign. petey went dead this year after the all star break.. did u see tocchet put lindholm on his wing? no.. if he refuse to play lindholm with ep, why do u think he would magically play horvat with ep or move ep with miller? and why would they invest 7m on a 3c when ep need somebody to play with? well it was clear ep need somebody to play with even in the first half when mikheyev have done nothing, and kuzmenko is sat in the bench or pressbox every couple games.. did they get him somebody to play with? ya they got him lindholm.. oh right they played together for 1.5 games in the regular season.

He's clearly the best right shot C in FA I'd probably want to listen to the offers too in his shoes.

Him playing 3c for us @ 7m is a luxury we can't really afford. I would sign Blueger and Boyd and use the remaining cap to upgrade top 6 wing. We have Suter and Aman who can also play C. 

I think mgmt should prioritize signing Zadorov Dak Myers Blueger let Lindholm walk and see where they are money wise to extend or trade Hronek for a top 6 w. Dak Blueger Garland was a solid 3rd line better than most 2nd lines. Adding Lindholm was a bit of guilding the lilly. 

• Cheers 1

Unfortunately I see this situation similar to the Horvat fiasco. I called it when we traded him and I still see the same for Petey if this group is serious about winning a cup. 

Miller is our obvious #1 Center and how I seen Lindholm play in the playoffs, he is our best fit at #2 center. 

The playoffs were a good try out to see where we are at. Some players flourished some did not.

The Joshua , Garland and Blueger line were our best line for most of the last half of the year, they are the best third line I have seen in a long time. They should stay.

Miller and Boeser also looked good in the playoffs. They are our top line.

Just like Bo didn't fit, either does Petey if we are looking at building a championship team. 

Hronek is a good defenseman but again, not a good fit for what he wants. Great regular season dman but money wasted for a playoff team. 

Demko is a great goalie, but injury prone. We have noticed we have a far cheaper goalie who can play under huge pressure. 

We need to find ways to keep Lindholm, Silovs, Joshua, Blueger, Zadorov and Boeser.

We have assets like Petey , Hronek and Demko who could fetch us huge returns. 

It will be interesting to see what management does this time around. I have full confidence in them as usual.

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Unfortunately I see this situation similar to the Horvat fiasco. I called it when we traded him and I still see the same for Petey if this group is serious about winning a cup. 

Miller is our obvious #1 Center and how I seen Lindholm play in the playoffs, he is our best fit at #2 center. 

The playoffs were a good try out to see where we are at. Some players flourished some did not.

The Joshua , Garland and Blueger line were our best line for most of the last half of the year, they are the best third line I have seen in a long time. They should stay.

Miller and Boeser also looked good in the playoffs. They are our top line.

Just like Bo didn't fit, either does Petey if we are looking at building a championship team. 

Hronek is a good defenseman but again, not a good fit for what he wants. Great regular season dman but money wasted for a playoff team. 

Demko is a great goalie, but injury prone. We have noticed we have a far cheaper goalie who can play under huge pressure. 

We need to find ways to keep Lindholm, Silovs, Joshua, Blueger, Zadorov and Boeser.

We have assets like Petey , Hronek and Demko who could fetch us huge returns. 

It will be interesting to see what management does this time around. I have full confidence in them as usual.

It's far to early to anoint Silovs as the next savior.  You can go back and see similar sentiments for Spencer Martin and Casey DeSmith after they both had hot starts with the Canucks. Give it time. See who is really is 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

We need more depth so guys don’t have to play too many minutes. Having Silovs laying 30-35 games next season will be huge for Demko. 

That would be much better than the 33 games that desmith/silovs played 😉