[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

56 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya, it’s looking like management wants three good centres for the playoffs. Stephenson and Roy in free agency and a trade for someone like Crouse would be nice.

Crouse - Pettersson - 

- Miller - Boeser

- Stephenson - Garland

Giuseppe - Suter -

I also think we need to trade for someone that might need a change of teams. Oliver Wahlstrom? I remember a lot of people on here wanted him that year.

A big off-season for the Canucks pro scouting, the team needs guys who can outperform their contracts while also making sure we have enough depth in our forward and defensive group.

there was an article a few days back about how its likely the nucks need to be patient in free agency

we can let the expensive guys get signed on day 1/2, and find value in the guys that are left unsigned

• Like 2

Seems like a number of fans want to raise our floor with Lindholm vs raising our ceiling.

No way in hell I sign a Louis Eriksson (little things) contract all over again

Spend the money on Guentzel to raise our ceiling. Middling around with non elite players gets us to the second round. You all just saw it. Lindholm doesn't win us a cup, a player like Guentzel because he's an elite player can.

9 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Sprong 

Never broke 50 pts 

broke 20 goals once 

how is he elite ?

he has elite hands, never said he was " elite " but then again that is as lame as people calling Lindholm " elite " 3rd line C right.

Point is Sprong over the past two seasons has started to find his game. He is an excellent skater ( no I did not say he was excellent haha ), has good size and his hands are " elite ". He may be a fit on the wing with Petey and could be a producer. Also little fun factoid he was drafted by JR and PA in Pittsburgh so maybe they like his game as he is entering his prime.

His cap probably also maxes out around $4m per if not less.

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

he has elite hands, never said he was " elite " but then again that is as lame as people calling Lindholm " elite " 3rd line C right.

Point is Sprong over the past two seasons has started to find his game. He is an excellent skater ( no I did not say he was excellent haha ), has good size and his hands are " elite ". He may be a fit on the wing with Petey and could be a producer. Also little fun factoid he was drafted by JR and PA in Pittsburgh so maybe they like his game as he is entering his prime.

He'd be a sneaky good pick up for his price, and I'd be willing to bet he'd fit in really nicely with Pettersson and Guentzel if we're able to land him too. 

2 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Seems like a number of fans want to raise our floor with Lindholm vs raising our ceiling.

Spend the money on Guentzel to raise our ceiling. Middling around with non elite players gets us to the second round. You all just saw it. Lindholm doesn't win us a cup, a player like Guentzel because he's an elite player can.

What round did CAR get to with Guentzel this year? 

• Thanks 1

cap space with LTIR 26.57

TRADE 1

TO CHI 

Milky 

Podz

To VAN

2024 2nd

TRADE 2 

To TOR

Hronek

To VAN

2024 1st

Matt Knies (.950)

CAP = 31.37

GUentz 9

Duclair 4 x3

Chatfield 2.85 x 4

Myers 2.75 x3

Bluegger 1.75 x4

Dillon 3 x 3

Matt Roy 5.25 x 5

Silovs 1

CAP space = 1.8

JG Petey Hogz

Ducs Miller Brock

Knies Bluegger Garland

Suter Aman PDG'

Hughes Roy

Soucy Myers

Dillon Chatfield

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

So what. Does Carolina have the same issues as us? 

Well, they've been serious contenders for many years now (we haven't), and the addition of JG didn't even help them get passed the second round this year - and he played great for them.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, J-23 said:

Ya, it’s looking like management wants three good centres for the playoffs. Stephenson and Roy in free agency and a trade for someone like Crouse would be nice.

Crouse - Pettersson - 

- Miller - Boeser

- Stephenson - Garland

Giuseppe - Suter -

I also think we need to trade for someone that might need a change of teams. Oliver Wahlstrom? I remember a lot of people on here wanted him that year.

A big off-season for the Canucks pro scouting, the team needs guys who can outperform their contracts while also making sure we have enough depth in our forward and defensive group.

I think Crouse is a pipe dream, but yeah. 

Weren't the Isles supposedly shopping Wahlstrom at some point this season? 

Depth is why I think thy should probably go the route of trying to pay good, but not higher end players. It's not easy to find guys who will outperform their contracts significantly, but that isn't to say value can't be found. 

If brought in I'm not sure Stephenson would be a 3C imo, he's put up top six numbers the past three seasons. Maybe come playoff time that'd shift, but I'd assume that someone else would still be the 3C if he were a Canuck. I'm not sure he'd settle for a third line opportunity, even if it isn't a typical third line role. 

16 hours ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

I think the better label for most of those guys would be 'serivceable' (or even 'meh'), as opposed to "interesting".  That being said, I do like the idea of bringing in a couple of those guys to improve our depth, rather than investing everything in one boom or bust big name UFA.

Semantics. But yeah, I think building depth throughout the forward group is the way to go, star power matters but so does depth come playoff time. It's one of the things the Panthers addressed leading up to the trade deadline, their forward depth. 

I'd rather go after a few interesting/serviceable players that can help multiple lines than go after a big fish so to speak. 

15 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I would like to see Blueger back first off.

If you can snag Daniel Sprong and Tyler Toffoli in Free Agency you immediately add offense on the wings as well as in Toffoli's case clutch scoring and in Sprong's case a big strong fast skater with elite offensive skills.

I think there's a chance of that, but we'll see. Sprong is an interesting case, I've read that he cheats for offense a bit and that he's weaker on the defensive side. I've read Wings fans saying that he tends to feast on lower competition and that he's not a true top six player, which isn't to say he can't be complimentary. Supposedly he can be productive against third or fourth lines but is a bit of a liability against top six players. He seems like a flawed, more one dimensional sort of player, but he could probably be useful for a team out there if utilized right and insulated. 

Toffoli is interest too, but it depends on what he wants. He's still productive but he's also going into his 32-33 year season next season, I'd be interested depending on what he wants in the form of money and term. A shorter term deal would be ideal, 2-3 years. 

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Partially reported elsewhere (in relation to us looking back into Guentzel), but more Lindholm specific

IMG_3033.thumb.jpeg.c187e14053e64e59c4d92bf31c1da390.jpeg

Same source that said zad and Nucks making progress? 
it’s all click bait and opinion this time of year

the “insiders” have proven  over and over they’re info and reporting isnt  reliable. 

when PA comes out and says we won’t be resigning him or he says he won’t be resigning then it’s news till then it’s just a guy saying what he thinks. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

18 hours ago, Pears said:

He'd be a sneaky good pick up for his price, and I'd be willing to bet he'd fit in really nicely with Pettersson and Guentzel if we're able to land him too. 

Yeah I had Sprong on my list of under the radar possible pickups at the TDL.  

Carcone and Novak were others.

I tend to take all of these "insider" updates and reports with a grain of salt. I think it's safe to say Lindholm will test free agency to see what other offers are out there as that's just being smart and him doing his due diligence.

Lindholm can definitely get more money elsewhere, but we won't really know what his main priorities are until he actually signs. I'm still hopeful we can work out a deal with Lindholm as I'd rather pay money for him than Guentzel.

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Partially reported elsewhere (in relation to us looking back into Guentzel), but more Lindholm specific

IMG_3033.thumb.jpeg.c187e14053e64e59c4d92bf31c1da390.jpeg

Meh, not super upset. With internal improvement I think there are other moves that could make this team more balanced.

• ThereItIs 1

I like Lindholm, and would like to get him re-signed, but....

I am really pleased that management once again shows the players, that if they have numbers ready, they are willing to walk away from deals they feel get too expensive...

They clearly show, who dictates the pace in Vancouver... similar to what they did with Horvat... Bravo Allvin.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Well agree to disagree...

Lindholm doesn't win us a cup??? He is exactly what you need to win a cup... Have you checked he point production during play offs?

He was really good for us... 

But everyone has a prize, and if we are looking for a winger for Petey, it can be debated, if Guentzel would be the better choice...

However to say you don't win championships with players like Lindholm, is just not true...

If that was the case do you honestly believe management would have given up all the assets they did? 

20 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

there was an article a few days back about how its likely the nucks need to be patient in free agency

we can let the expensive guys get signed on day 1/2, and find value in the guys that are left unsigned

That’s the way to go honestly.

• Like 2