[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

Lindholm was good for us defensively but he didn't have elevate his linemates as I had hoped.

Guentzel not only could untap some more Pettersson potential but he also solves another top 6 goal scoring need for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

I like Lindholm, and would like to get him re-signed, but....

I am really pleased that management once again shows the players, that if they have numbers ready, they are willing to walk away from deals they feel get too expensive...

They clearly show, who dictates the pace in Vancouver... similar to what they did with Horvat... Bravo Allvin.

Agree completely. Take him at 7x7 but trade him for a pick (second round?) at the draft otherwise. I think  Zads and Myers are the only UFAs we sign again, then try to find a cheaper RHD for Hughes and an expensive UFA for Petey (without giving up another god damn pick).

3 hours ago, Combover said:

Same source that said zad and Nucks making progress? 
it’s all click bait and opinion this time of year

the “insiders” have proven  over and over they’re info and reporting isnt  reliable. 

when PA comes out and says we won’t be resigning him or he says he won’t be resigning then it’s news till then it’s just a guy saying what he thinks. 

Agreed - just providing the source because it all gets discussed anyways 

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Agreed - just providing the source because it all gets discussed anyways 

Oh yeah 

Didn’t  mean to come across as post police. 

I read all the crap lololol

its just entertainment 

• Cheers 1

When I said the Lindholm trade could turn out bad and posters got defensive, this is what I meant.

Eliminated against the Oilers with a probability of Lindholm not resigning. We might have to take an L on this one. 

Edited by Guntrix

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

I like Lindholm, and would like to get him re-signed, but....

I am really pleased that management once again shows the players, that if they have numbers ready, they are willing to walk away from deals they feel get too expensive...

They clearly show, who dictates the pace in Vancouver... similar to what they did with Horvat... Bravo Allvin.

I’d agree with you had Petey not recently strong-armed management into an $11.6 million contract pre-playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

When I said the Lindholm trade could turn out bad and posters got defensive, this is what I meant.

Eliminated against the Oilers with a probability of Lindholm not resigning. We might have to take an L on this one. 

I don’t think anyone expected that Demko injury or Boeser out in game 7.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

We still have the freed up cap space instead of it being wasted in a pressbox Kuzmenko next season  😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guntrix said:

I’d agree with you had Petey not recently strong-armed management into an $11.6 million contract pre-playoffs. 

I guess, there are certain players you give lee way... Maybe they accepted that Peteys calling card would be around $11M or there about. 
There is no doubt, that Peteys performance in the play offs wasn't, what many expected including myself. 
Still hope/expect/believe that he was hampered by the leg injury, he told us all about after the play offs. 

Allvin has his hands a little tied up just now, as the deals he makes has to be with one eye on the future (next 3 year) and the cap penalty coming. 

Lets see what Hughes is going to get offered in 2 years time. His next contract is likely going to break the bank with the cap going up, and even Brock and Demko will be licking their lips. 

Good luck to Allvin and the front office trying to find the funds to pay for these players going forward...its going to be a minefield, but showing the rest of the UFAs that we are willing to walk away despite paying a good package for Lindholms services may just be, what the doctor ordered in other negotiations. 

If not, very few of the UFAs/RFAs will be around next season. 

Lets see if the front office can find the deals they did last season and keep the wheels moving. Here's hoping 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

I was on record stating, that even a one round win, would make the Lindholm trade worth it. The team performed better than I expected, and our young core now know, what it will take to win in the playoffs. 

It was actually close to become a fairy tale, being 3-2 up in the series...

And with Oilers taking out Dallas with relative ease showed, we could possibly have gone all the way to the finals. 

I still believe the trade was a win... if you smell blood, don't wait for a better opportunity, as they don't cone around too often... 

Agreed. Fans put too much emphasis on first round picks. Was worth the gamble with the late first. So close in the end.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

Agreed. Fans put too much emphasis on first round picks. Was worth the gamble with the late first. So close in the end.

The negative Nellie's have an easy time with hindsight 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Does he instantly turn 37 the moment we sign him? 

I'd love to see him with Petey for years to come.

For a few years, unfortunately a few years will be 7

11 hours ago, Guntrix said:

And? These things happen. This idea that a team or individual needs to "take an L" is sad. Do you honestly think Alvin or Rutherford are sitting in their homes or offices pining about the lost draft picks? No, they leave that up to myopic fans who concern themselves far too much with the inner workings and salary cap structures.

15 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Agree completely. Take him at 7x7 but trade him for a pick (second round?) at the draft otherwise. I think  Zads and Myers are the only UFAs we sign again, then try to find a cheaper RHD for Hughes and an expensive UFA for Petey (without giving up another god damn pick).

No one is paying a 2nd for his rights.  Maybe a 4th 

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

For a few years, unfortunately a few years will be 7

dunno, I don't see a legit contending window to be unfortunate, and we're assuming the decline will be bad, which it very well may not be. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

dunno, I don't see a legit contending window to be unfortunate, and we're assuming the decline will be bad, which it very well may not be. 

I don't disagree they have a window, bug if we've learned anything from the last decade, its that going all in for one window and missing (the most likely outcome), without planning for the future, is a disaster waiting to happen.