[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

11 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think if we're looking much above 7 million per season, maybe up to 7.5, I'd rather have Guentzel, even if that 9 or 9.5. He's probably more of a fit for what we really need.

I’d rather have Guentzel regardless. Lindy while a good player, doesn’t raise our ceiling and is redundant positionally.

our weakness is a top 6 winger 

we got rid of a redundant and thus overpaid for 3c who was really a 2c in Horvat - why repeat that issue?

if we don’t land Guentzel improve in other areas. 

hell we were first overall most the season without Lindy, and our issue was scoring in the playoffs

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think if we're looking much above 7 million per season, maybe up to 7.5, I'd rather have Guentzel, even if that 9 or 9.5. He's probably more of a fit for what we really need.

Absolutely 

22 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Ok - which ones? 

I’d rather the Canucks go after someone either through trade or free agency that can outperform their contract. For instance, Sprong is top 10 in the NHL in goals per 60. He has a great shot, what can he do on the wing with Pettersson. Someone like Crouse for a trade, can he get 30+ goals with Pettersson, not too far off right now.

Now’s the time for the Canucks pro scouting to take over, look for guys with potential to outperform a contract on the wing with Pettersson. We need a Bennett, Verhaeghe, Miller roster move. For the most part management have done a good job so far with Joshua, Blueger, Suter, etc. Use that 9 million plus for: Sprong/Crouse, Blueger, Hakanpaa for example, and you could still have some money left over. You would also have cap space to get another winger.

This way we don’t get stuck with a long-term contract. I’m not against Guentzel signing all together, he’s a great player, but I’m worried we would be too too heavy, especially with Boeser contract next season and buyout. Also, just seeing the Florida roster right now..

Honestly, this could be a good line:

Joshua - Pettersson - Guentzel 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, CaribouCanuck said:

I feel like some team that’s in dire need of top 6 center, especially a first line center is going to get desperate and sign him to an absolute mega contract which they are going to really regret big time. 

Boston 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

Boston 

15 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. 

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. 8.5 x 7 and a top line role. 

don’t forget CAR where he played previously and potentially have ample cap space to sign him too. BOS the heavy favourite though especially considering they tried to pry him from Calgary and then again from us 

Edited by RWJC

9 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Would it make sense to swap Guentzel's rights for Lindholm's? 

On 6/10/2024 at 9:31 AM, DexM94 said:

A real top 6 would have make us to the SC final with the goaltending we have.

i’m for trading Demko, 50% because of Silovs’ play, and mostly 50% because he can’t stay healthy and it will be noticed, ruining the trade’s return. 

Say goodbye to any chance of a cup.   Not sure why a few games of Silovs matters that much.   It doesn't.   Maybe if he did what Demko did in the bubble, then we could consider something like this.   There is time to trade Demko later, look at how desperate other teams are that don't have what we do.   That's exactly what we'd be doing to this team.   You don't trade Vezina quality goaltending at the cap hit he's got anyways.    If EP was even 75% of what he's been for us during his career so far in the regular season, we'd of been in the final too.    Likely see a shake up, that doesn't include Demko.   Plus in the history of trading high end goalies...what were the returns? 

Roy.   Schnieder is actually near the top.   That got us Horvat, who was years away from helping that Sedin team in the way it needed help. 

10 hours ago, J-23 said:

I’d rather the Canucks go after someone either through trade or free agency that can outperform their contract. For instance, Sprong is top 10 in the NHL in goals per 60. He has a great shot, what can he do on the wing with Pettersson. Someone like Crouse for a trade, can he get 30+ goals with Pettersson, not too far off right now.

Now’s the time for the Canucks pro scouting to take over, look for guys with potential to outperform a contract on the wing with Pettersson. We need a Bennett, Verhaeghe, Miller roster move. For the most part management have done a good job so far with Joshua, Blueger, Suter, etc. Use that 9 million plus for: Sprong/Crouse, Blueger, Hakanpaa for example, and you could still have some money left over. You would also have cap space to get another winger.

This way we don’t get stuck with a long-term contract. I’m not against Guentzel signing all together, he’s a great player, but I’m worried we would be too too heavy, especially with Boeser contract next season and buyout. Also, just seeing the Florida roster right now..

Honestly, this could be a good line:

Joshua - Pettersson - Guentzel 

The only way we are getting a second line that becomes a first line (EP), is trading Garland and not re-signing one of Zadarov or Hronek.    Will be a two line team.   And need to find a vet UFA to anchor the third line like a Suter or Bluegar.    Our cap limitations make it awfully hard to have middle six players  like Garland and also find a legit winger for EP.   That line does look great,  3.25 x 4 ,  11.6 x 8,  9.4 x 7.    Best case.  24.25, would that be the most expensive line in hockey?    McDavid and Draisatl and Hyman, but they don't play with each other often.    Even then that's exactly about what that will cost, and well - that certainly isn't McDavid Draisatl Hyman either.   

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The only way we are getting a second line that becomes a first line (EP), is trading Garland and not re-signing one of Zadarov or Hronek.    Will be a two line team.   And need to find a vet UFA to anchor the third line like a Suter or Bluegar.    Our cap limitations make it awfully hard to have middle six players  like Garland and also find a legit winger for EP.   That line does look great,  3.25 x 4 ,  11.6 x 8,  9.4 x 7.    Best case.  24.25, would that be the most expensive line in hockey?    McDavid and Draisatl and Hyman, but they don't play with each other often.    Even then that's exactly about what that will cost, and well - that certainly isn't McDavid Draisatl Hyman either.   

What are you talking about?

Cap Space is 26.5M and with trading Mikheyev the cap space will be over 30M.

Thats limitation for you?

They can sign Hronek AND Zadorov an can build four deep lines.

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Guentzel - Pettersson - Höglander

Garland - Blueger - Podkolzin

Di Giuseppe - ? (Aman) - ? (Duhaime)

Edited by German Canuck

4 hours ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Yes

Yes it does if he's actually willing to sign a deal here that would be similar to CAR's best offer or what they say he's likely going to get.    No if it's a Canadian tax buffered deal.    If Lindholm won't sign with us, then it makes sense.    That extra year and making it so a buyout is workable,  maybe we could try for Guentzal.    That 8th season, is one way to lower the cap.   IF we could get his cap hit just under 9,  8.75 x 8 for example with that extra year.    Well that would be something.    CAR wants him still, no idea what their best offer was.    Expected to be in the low 9's on a 7 year deal. 

Edited by IBatch

8 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

Zadorov,  Hronek.   Do the math.   We can't sign Joshua, and Guentzal, without sacrificing something somewhere else.  Mikheyev traded or bought out is in everyone's spreadsheet.

Zadarov 5.4 x 5.    Hronek at least 6.8 x 1  (arbitration).   More in a long term deal.    EP going from 7.35 to 11.6, that's all but 250k or so of the cap going up.    OEL's penalty, will take most of what the following years cap increase as well.   So that's not a safety net.    Even guys like Bluegar have earned raises.    What i'm saying is,  IF we re-sign Joshua and win the Guentzal sweepstakes,  we will lose something else somewhere.    Garland or Zadarov?    Which one would you do.    Garland for me.    Can't replace Zadarov for a league min contract (or Garland either, Lekkermaki is slated for Abby, at least that's what Allvin has stated, can't rush that, needs to get used to the ice surface).  

Not opposed to Guentzal, and or Joshua on EPs wing either,  what Im saying is it will cost us something else.   

Part of being successful in this league, means guys get raises.   Especially when they are up to, or doing their legacy deals.    Love it if we can bridge Hronek,  his camp has zero interest in that.    It's possible he's on his way out, that means we'd be likely going after Pesce or Roy.   Still a raise on Hronek.   6.25 or 5.8.   Dillon, well he'd be an Ian Cole replacement.    

Garland AND Mikheyev will both need to go, to keep Joshua and Guentzal.   And those two guys, replaced with cheap alternative's.   

51 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

They can sign Hronek AND Zadorov an can build four deep lines.

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Guentzel - Pettersson - Höglander

Garland - Blueger - Podkolzin

Di Giuseppe - ? (Aman) - ? (Duhaime)

You've removed Joshua.   

What's the projected cost to trade Mikheyev?   Versus a buyout.

Whats the D-corp. 

QHs Hronek

Zadarov Myers 

Soucy Juulsen?  

Dillon, Pesce, Roy and Myers all have suitors.     Myers is easy, he wants to stay.   Hronek not so easy.   7.4 x 8.   Maybe.  

Edited by IBatch

7 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

Pick and or a prospect

Hughes Hronek

Zadorov UFA (around 3M)

Soucy Myers (3M)

Juulsen

So a first and Karlsson?  At that point need to consider the value compared to the buyout.    So many teams are up against the cap (we can't re-sign the same team, we'd be well over the cap compared to the projected raises, media has been talking about this since  December),  500 RFA/UFAs vying for that 5% increase.   Don't expect things to ease off for a couple years.    The stars will get paid, same with the RFAs...the value could be found in the middle class journeymen, who tend to be the last of the group signed.   Hard to say for sure.   I don't see two years of Mikheyev coming cheap, but Allvins surprised before. 

Personally want Zadarov.   Myers is a no brainer too.  Willander won't be on the team for at least another year.    We probably will sign an Irwin type in case Juuslen isn't working out.    And think Hronek is a gamble, both keeping him and if we trade him. 

Edited by IBatch

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

So a first and Karlsson?  At that point need to consider the value compared to the buyout.   

If the price is to high for a trade then a Garland trade should be a option.

But i dont think a 1st round pick has to be involved.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

Yes IF they resign Joshua but would you do it for over 3M?

I wouldnt and look for a cheaper Option like Duhaime or replace Joshua with one of our own players in the system.

I would keep Garland over Joshua

We have internal replacement for Garlsnd in Hogs. And Hogs scores more do is an upgrade in that area. So it makes good sense to move off of all Garland’s cap. Clears 4 mil per with Hogs assuming that role. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We have internal replacement for Garlsnd in Hogs. And Hogs scores more do is an upgrade in that area. So it makes good sense to move off of all Garland’s cap. Clears 4 mil per with Hogs assuming that role. 

Maybe but you need a good third line and Garland was the driver of a great third line.

I see Höglander on Peteys Wing for 24/25.

If Lekk is ready for 25/26 then Garland should be the odd men out but not for the upcoming season.

Edited by German Canuck
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

Maybe but you need a good third line and Garland was the driver of a great third line.

I see Höglander on Peteys Wing for 24/25.

If Lekk is ready for 25/26 then Garland should be the odd men out but not for the upcoming season.

Garland is the motor and the strength of the third line.   Bluegar was just fine too, he's expected to get a nice raise, still for 2.25 or so,  that's worth it. 

It really comes down to Lindholm or Guenztal.    Which do you prefer to overpay?   If we are to find EP a long term linemate.    Lindholm anchored our second line in the playoffs.   Maybe we are chasing the wrong storyline, and EP is the blockbuster deal nobody wants to talk about.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1